follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 08-31-2018, 11:38 AM   #2283
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
I can't be in a hurry in my car because it always seems like I'm trying to race someone. Even if I'm just accelerating mildly.
That's basically exactly what happened to me when that dude in the Prelude was trying to get me to race. I just accelerated up to cruising speed and he thought I was doing a flyby.
qcbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:40 AM   #2284
MuseChaser
Feeling like thinking....

Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
I just think it's really funny when GenX folks use millennial as a derogatory term. It's like saying "We did a bad job of being adults/parents/role models and it's all the damn kids' fault!"

I find it equally amusing when millenials think highly of their own intellect, accomplishments, and personalities without realizing that their GenX parents must have done a wonderful job. Gotta go both ways, right? If you blame the parents for the alleged or perceived defects of the next generation, you must also credit them for similarly alleged or perceived strengths and positive traits.
Spuds (08-31-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 11:44 AM   #2285
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
I find it equally amusing when millenials think highly of their own intellect, accomplishments, and personalities without realizing that their GenX parents must have done a wonderful job. Gotta go both ways, right? If you blame the parents for the alleged or perceived defects of the next generation, you must also credit them for similarly alleged or perceived strengths and positive traits.
Kids can have the best parents in the world and still end up assholes and kids can have the worst parents in the world and still end up decent people.

Older generations have been complaining about the younger generation since time immemorial. I'm sure Millennials will start to complain about Gen Z in a few years.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qcbaker For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (09-03-2018), EdBoy (08-31-2018), Spuds (08-31-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 11:53 AM   #2286
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbaker View Post
Kids can have the best parents in the world and still end up assholes and kids can have the worst parents in the world and still end up decent people.

Older generations have been complaining about the younger generation since time immemorial. I'm sure Millennials will start to complain about Gen Z in a few years.

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

Said by the most excellent So-crates around 390 BC

Dadhawk (09-03-2018), Leonardo (08-31-2018), p1l0t (08-31-2018), Spuds (08-31-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 12:03 PM   #2287
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

Said by the most excellent So-crates around 390 BC
Case in point lol.

Also, I'm sure you've seen this at some point:

I always think about this when older people say "nobody talks anymore, everybody's always on their phone". But really, we've always done everything in our power to ignore each other. Smartphones have just made it easier since you can keep your distraction in your pocket, rather than having to carry around a book or newspaper.

And people have been complaining about new ways to communicate for just as long:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qcbaker For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (09-03-2018), NARFALICIOUS (08-31-2018), p1l0t (08-31-2018), Spuds (08-31-2018), SuperTom (08-31-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 01:33 PM   #2288
carsebuco
How do I shift?

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Raced my girlfriend on her stage 1 WRX and lost, surprisingly. Can't wait for her to get a downpipe so I can hear that sweet sound of dust hitting my face
Old 08-31-2018, 06:05 PM   #2289
Seasaw

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Had a run in with a Maserati Ghibli the other day. On a two lane twistie, he decides it's a good idea to speed ahead merge back and fourth into my lane. I ignore him and at the next stop sign I take an alternate route. Turns out we were going the same place as I met him a couple of stops later. I came to the intersection first and made my turn before he arrived to his stop. For some reason he started to tailgate me. When our paths went separate routes, I could see a him in glasses staring me down as turned away from our common path. I wonder what he was trying to prove
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seasaw For This Useful Post:
JohnJuan (09-05-2018), p1l0t (08-31-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 07:56 PM   #2290
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasaw View Post
Had a run in with a Maserati Ghibli the other day. On a two lane twistie, he decides it's a good idea to speed ahead merge back and fourth into my lane. I ignore him and at the next stop sign I take an alternate route. Turns out we were going the same place as I met him a couple of stops later. I came to the intersection first and made my turn before he arrived to his stop. For some reason he started to tailgate me. When our paths went separate routes, I could see a him in glasses staring me down as turned away from our common path. I wonder what he was trying to prove
Hahaha that's the BEST. The other day Waze (I use it even when I know where I am going) had me taking some crazy backroads because of an overturned vehicle on the highway. This dude in a Ford Fiesta? or something had weaved his way through traffic up until he got behind me and then followed me off the highway on the usual way to shortcut the spot where the two highways merge when it's backed up. But I keep going further into the backwoods roads and I see him turn back towards the highway on the normal shortcut route (after a nice hesitation). Sure enough after like 10mi of nearly empty highway I see this little white Ford Focus? Fiesta? whatever it was coming FLYING down the highway only to see what he and I both knew he was going to see later. My back bumper again magically. Ironically it was my exit anyway coming up so just before he passed me I was already turning off the highway. Situational awareness is priceless. He was giving me that same look too as he passed on the highway while I was on the exit ramp looking back. He's thinking "damn that guy is good..." and I'm thinking, "there's an app for that.."

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Tristor (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 04:43 PM   #2291
HachiRokuX

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
With the Corsa exhaust, everything from sports cars, economy 4 doors, and minivans etc. try to show off and "beat" me every once in a while because they think I'm racing them...nah, I just don't get peak torque until 6000 (I shift at 4k and feel bad lol)

I always lose since I don't feel comfortable pushing my car to redline on the street 99% of the time..too dangerous, and in addition to that, cops will snipe me. Even if I tried, I would lose...

Moral of the story, keep your stock exhaust.
HachiRokuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:13 PM   #2292
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiRokuX View Post
With the Corsa exhaust, everything from sports cars, economy 4 doors, and minivans etc. try to show off and "beat" me every once in a while because they think I'm racing them...nah, I just don't get peak torque until 6000 (I shift at 4k and feel bad lol)

I always lose since I don't feel comfortable pushing my car to redline on the street 99% of the time..too dangerous, and in addition to that, cops will snipe me. Even if I tried, I would lose...

From a fellow Corsa bro, just shift at 3K. Even 2.5K is okay. And move through gears as quickly as possible. Usually by the time I'm doing 40 mph, I'm in 6th. Helps with the noise and you move along faster cause of the longer gearing in 4/5/6th
HachiRokuX (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 06:15 PM   #2293
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiRokuX View Post

Yeah I hear you the only thing I don't like about aftermarket exhausts this car is loud off the line. Most of the time I'm trying to cruise and it sounds like I'm trying to race the Camry next to me.

One of the reasons I eventually went with ACE headers to have some down low torque. Considering jumping to at least 4.56 gears just to be quicker off the line without as much throttle needed I'm guessing.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:43 AM   #2294
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
And you're lugging your engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
Usually by the time I'm doing 40 mph, I'm in 6th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:24 AM   #2295
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
And you're lugging your engine.
At low loads, i.e. cruising, there is no lugging. If I need to accelerate, I obviously shift down. Plus this is the MY17, so the final drive is shorter.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:35 PM   #2296
qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Above 45 you can cruise in 6th with no lugging. Or, at least it doesnt feel like my car is lugging when I do it