follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
Rbarchtta

Drives: 2013 whiteout frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sad times

I have seen a few times on this forum where guys have literally screwed themselves out of getting an frs. I have had my whiteout for about an year and the other day the news came, my wife is pregnant!

There was a flood of emotion and then the thought process began. Do we need to move to make more room? Who's going to take care of the baby? Can I still play xbox with a baby sleeping? What do we do with the Walking Dead compendium? And the biggest question: what are we going to do about the car???

The problem with the cars is while I have an awesome car I have always wanted ( I have always loved rwd cars from japan,) my wife has a blue fiat 500 she loves. It was her first love and we have driven that car everywhere. We drove it from tennessee to freakin' Texas and back. So, my first thought is crap, there goes the frs. Sad times.

But, good news, my wife understands cars! She said she knows that she loves her car, but mine is different and in the long run we would miss the frs more.

So, today we traded the blue fiat 500 for a new corolla. My wife cried on the way home and I can totally understand. I will also be crying in about 9 months because we decided that I am going to be a stay-at-home dad. That means she is going to driving the frs to work and I get the corolla.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading.
86-tundra (12-31-2013), Apoc (12-31-2013), AznBRZer (12-31-2013), DoopaTroopa (12-31-2013), EAGLE5 (12-30-2013), ftc~brz (01-01-2014), hamzam (01-04-2014), Marchy (01-01-2014), MrAmalto (01-02-2014), Rio (12-31-2013), subwaynm (01-03-2014), weedtank (12-31-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
R.S-HawK
Banned

Drives: '13 Gen Coupe 3.8 R
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbarchtta View Post
I have seen a few times on this forum where guys have literally screwed themselves out of getting an frs. I have had my whiteout for about an year and the other day the news came, my wife is pregnant!

There was a flood of emotion and then the thought process began. Do we need to move to make more room? Who's going to take care of the baby? Can I still play xbox with a baby sleeping? What do we do with the Walking Dead compendium? And the biggest question: what are we going to do about the car???

The problem with the cars is while I have an awesome car I have always wanted ( I have always loved rwd cars from japan,) my wife has a blue fiat 500 she loves. It was her first love and we have driven that car everywhere. We drove it from tennessee to freakin' Texas and back. So, my first thought is crap, there goes the frs. Sad times.

But, good news, my wife understands cars! She said she knows that she loves her car, but mine is different and in the long run we would miss the frs more.
So, today we traded the blue fiat 500 for a new corolla. My wife cried on the way home and I can totally understand. I will also be crying in about 9 months because we decided that I am going to be a stay-at-home dad. That means she is going to driving the frs to work and I get the corolla.

Good call keeping the FR-S, and congrats on the +1.
R.S-HawK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to R.S-HawK For This Useful Post:
MrAmalto (01-02-2014)
Old 12-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
Rbarchtta

Thanks! It has been a few weeks and I am still in disbelief. We are really excited (about the baby, not the corolla. Lol.)
Diode Dynamics (12-31-2013), Missy (12-31-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
Calavera

Drives: Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Corollas are solid vehicles, good choice. Get used to the wife crying out of the blue, you were there to make the baby so support her. When it gets tough on you after she falls asleep go cry yourself in the FR-S and hug it. Congrats on the baby!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
RojerLockless

Drives: Raven Fr-s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Must be nice to have a woman pay for everything while you play xbox!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
Rbarchtta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
Must be nice to have a woman pay for everything while you play xbox!
It would be nice to play xbox while a woman paid for everything, but that is not how our house works. I work with children with autism for the school system and my wife is an engineer. Unfortunately, the school system doesn't pay as well. So, from a financial stand point it makes more sense for me to stay at home.
ftc~brz (01-01-2014)
Old 12-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
Frstorm

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
I think I have you topped. Starting in June I'm going to be a stay at home husband. No kids just have to cook and clean which I do now
Frstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frstorm For This Useful Post:
burnt toast (01-01-2014), ftc~brz (01-01-2014)
Old 12-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #8
Rbarchtta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frstorm View Post
I think I have you topped. Starting in June I'm going to be a stay at home husband. No kids just have to cook and clean which I do now
Good luck! During the summers I run the house and it is a full time job. Some advice: have goals and projects , otherwise you will go stir crazy. I always have to have a list of things I want to accomplish each summer. Lol.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:34 PM   #9
Frstorm

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Oh I don't have trouble filling the days but thanks for the advice
Frstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:34 PM   #10
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,795 Times in 16,418 Posts
Mentioned: 707 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

Well, Rbarchtta, first off ..... ..... on the up-coming addition to your family.

After your child arrives, your world will change .... new priorities will surface and old priorities will drop down a few notches.

Cars may become just transportation ...... and they will change as your family grows. Example, when our first child was born, we were driving an MGB. By the time the last one (of 3) escaped home, we had gone through 4dr sedans, station wagons, mini-vans and full sized vans. After the kids all left, we picked back up with a Miata and now a FR-S. Full circle....

Enjoy your family ..... cars come and go.

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
86-tundra (12-31-2013), hmong337 (07-02-2015)
Old 12-31-2013, 12:17 AM   #11
m.box.design

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Thanked 1,662 Times in 933 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
I really had to give up playing games, especially team based games, cause you'll be letting your team down when you afk to go watch your kid.

as for the FRS, it's a 2+2 for a reason, and the rear seats are definitely not adult friendly. Perhaps I'll take a picture the next time i have my 2 babies in the car.

edit: we are however looking to upgrade my wife's 02 elantra for a mazda 5 (6 seater)
m.box.design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #12
Quentin

Drives: ‘16 4Runner, ‘19 Corolla HB
Enjoy. You definitely make sacrifices for kids, but nothing makes you feel like they do. My little girl is almost 18 months and she can instantly make me forget a bad day at work. It is extremely frustrating, difficult, fulfilling, and amazing at the same time.
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:39 AM   #13
WillBRZ

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT GBS
Garage
You don't even have it that bad, my sisters boyfriend had a C6 vette and lexus LX470 when he met my sister, she had a altima hybrid, they move in together and her altima goes and he loses the LX470 to her, fastforward they get married yada yada she gets preggo and he just lost the vette and got a lexus LS lol talk about a bummer. goin from a new vette to a fat luxury sedan haha you can just tell he's bored driving it. I'm trading him cars in a week tho so he can drive stick for a little bit while I'm on vacation.
WillBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:41 AM   #14
Rio

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S ハチ
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Gentlemen, next thing you know either your kids will be grown up and out of the house or you will make enough money to afford a third "kid friendly" car. Don't lose hope!