follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 02-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #29
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanguy View Post
i think now that there should be a minimum of 3 people. they can decide things based on a 2/3 vote between themselves. i think there should be no maximum as long as there is a 2/3 vote to make decision although i don't see that being a big deal. i'm sure any people involved in this will be of reasonable personalities.

again i don't think we need to vote. i think it's enough for a person to volunteer to do it. because if you make it about votes then some people won't want to volunteer to be one of these people because they may be worried that no one will vote for them because someone else is more popular blah blah blah. that's why i don't think there should be a maximum number of people and i don't think there should be any major requirements of someone volunteering to do it unless there is a community outcry. but again that's just my opinion...
If it is too large you run the risk of not being able to reach a concensus or it too much favoring one group. If there is a group of 3-5 key people to make decisions I think it will be the most fair and effective. They key to success is delegation from that point to get people more involved and then expand if needed down the road in terms of decision makeing. If someone wants to be involved start by contacting a board member and there is always tasks to be done. I do see your point about some being afraid if there is a vote though so I'm glad you brought that to the table.

I like the idea of trying to get people from the different areas and it seems like that can happen. I don't think it should be a requirement we have x number from a, b, c areas as there may not always be someone from the area willing or able to commit.

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:51 PM   #30
phanguy

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
If it is too large you run the risk of not being able to reach a concensus or it too much favoring one group. If there is a group of 3-5 key people to make decisions I think it will be the most fair and effective. They key to success is delegation from that point to get people more involved and then expand if needed down the road in terms of decision makeing. If someone wants to be involved start by contacting a board member and there is always tasks to be done. I do see your point about some being afraid if there is a vote though so I'm glad you brought that to the table.

I like the idea of trying to get people from the different areas and it seems like that can happen. I don't think it should be a requirement we have x number from a, b, c areas as there may not always be someone from the area willing or able to commit.
yeah of course and under normal circumstances i would agree with you, but under the current ones i can't imagine there being more than 3-5 people that would even want to do it due to how quickly this is apparently going to be decided and also based on how i feel like the general feeling of involvement a lot of members want to have toward leadership.

i just worry that there is the one member/lurker that reads all the threads and posts and has a ton to contribute, but is just scared to for xyz reason...
phanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phanguy For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 12:00 AM   #31
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanguy View Post
yeah of course and under normal circumstances i would agree with you, but under the current ones i can't imagine there being more than 3-5 people that would even want to do it due to how quickly this is apparently going to be decided and also based on how i feel like the general feeling of involvement a lot of members want to have toward leadership.

i just worry that there is the one member/lurker that reads all the threads and posts and has a ton to contribute, but is just scared to for xyz reason...
Your probably right that not a huge number will step up to really make that a concern. I guess we can just wait and see who throws their name in or gets their name thrown in.

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
Old 02-20-2014, 12:27 AM   #32
BRZkitty
RIP Buzz 8/5/14

Drives: a moneypit
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think all the people listed above would make a fantastic Board of directors for NOC 86 club. I am interested in helping in events/planning/volunuteering. I use to be a VP of an association during my college days and I love this kind of stuff. please let me know if I can help in anyway!
BRZkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRZkitty For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (02-20-2014), PMok (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 12:50 AM   #33
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach415 View Post
I nominate @PMok @finch1750 @MyRx @BigFatFlip :P
Lol, I'm not sure I deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those other folks :P but like alot of folks here, I definitely would love to help out where I can
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
tonylop33 (02-21-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 01:21 AM   #34
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Lol, I'm not sure I deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those other folks :P but like alot of folks here, I definitely would love to help out where I can
You should be! You're one of them who help started the community in the first place.
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bach415 For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (02-20-2014), PMok (02-20-2014), Renegade21 (02-20-2014), sdlynx (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 01:41 AM   #35
leicaboss
Coffee Snob

Drives: '14 SWP BRZ Limited
Yup, as mentioned before I want to get involved. I'm a newer owner but definitely feel I have what it takes to contribute to the community. Please just let me know.
leicaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:08 AM   #36
Sypher

Drives: '13 Ultramarine FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Let me start with i think a committee is the way to go. this way all of the responsibly is not on one persons shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggieboy09 View Post
BunnyRZed is already the defacto community leader for the Sacramento area since you already own the thread for the Sacramento owners and was pretty much the first active member for the area.

And I said with finch1750 he represents Stockton and areas between east bay and Sac.

RC51ed along with PMok is active with the meets around the east and southbay.
+1 for this. I haven't been able to be a regular participant in the meets so my opinion is probably worth a grain of sand but the people listed above are by far some of the most active and influential people on the NorCal forum. Not only are they active they are always active in the most positive way which tells me they would be great leaders for promoting an active, responsible and respectable car club.

Also these people are all know for each of our major NorCal regions. This to me makes the most sense. Each person knows the "lay of the land" in their region and can make educated suggestions for meets/events in their respected areas.

+1 on the idea of board members having a stake in the club. companies have been doing this for years and it seems to work. workers with a stake in the company they work for almost always work harder.

Getting this together is awesome! I can't wait to see more events in NorCal and i'd be glad to help whenever i can
Sypher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sypher For This Useful Post:
BunnyRZed (02-20-2014), finch1750 (02-20-2014), PMok (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 11:05 AM   #37
leicaboss
Coffee Snob

Drives: '14 SWP BRZ Limited
More SF people please. Kthx.
leicaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #38
NorCalGirl

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, Whiteout, Manual
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leicaboss View Post
More SF people please. Kthx.
I can help out when I'm in town out here in Daly City and am here every other week… the opposite week I'm up in the Oregon/Washington area. I am hoping to get to know the Northwest 86 Owners and possibly serve as a liason between the NorCal and Northwest communities if we have any events

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #39
brownboi

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyRZed View Post
I also vote for PMOK to be Prez. But if we're going with the board council then perhaps we should have each board member be represented from different parts of NorCal based on city or areas. This would help bring different perspectives to the board meetings. This board member would also represent their local 86/BRZers for event planning etc.
Quote:
BunnyRZed is already the defacto community leader for the Sacramento area since you already own the thread for the Sacramento owners and was pretty much the first active member for the area.

And I said with finch1750 he represents Stockton and areas between east bay and Sac.

I think an actual townhall meeting should be scheduled. Like at a Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, a Chinese buffet, someone's house or garage, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher View Post
Also these people are all know for each of our major NorCal regions. This to me makes the most sense. Each person knows the "lay of the land" in their region and can make educated suggestions for meets/events in their respected areas.
I agree with the people quoted above. If possible, each major area would have a representative or two, and between them they vote on which position they would like to take responsibility for. The representatives could be voluntary or even voted upon in their own respective areas. Up to where they come from.

just my two cents. I have only participated in a couple drives so I don't know if it is can be done. But each drive I went on had a bunch of people from everywhere so it does sound like it is possible.
brownboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brownboi For This Useful Post:
PMok (02-22-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #40
PineappleFriedRice
Truuu

Drives: 2013 FRS, 88 EF Civic, 05 Matrix
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

I think an actual townhall meeting should be scheduled. Like at a Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, a Chinese buffet, someone's house or garage, etc.
+1 for @BunnyRZed being Sacramento community leader

GARRET .60 TRIM-UEL HEADERS-1150cc INJECTORS-DW FUEL PUMP-RACESENG CAM PLATE-PERRIN 3" CATBACK-ULTIMATE RACING 2.75 OP/FP-FBM CATCHCAN-SINGER 275AMP ALTERNATOR-MEGAN TRACK COILS-MEGAN F/R STRUTBARS-AXLE EXCHANGE ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT-ACT 6 PUCK-ANARCHY MOTIVE SHIFTKNOB-XXR 535-HANKOOK VENTUS EVO V2-CS LIP KIT
Build Thread - FA20FAIL Archive
PineappleFriedRice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PineappleFriedRice For This Useful Post:
BunnyRZed (02-21-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #41
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I can help out with any SF stuff as well, though there aren't enough of us enthusiast-types out here to have meets/drives too often, the occasional one is nice. And I'm always down to organize caravans to any type of event.
leicaboss (02-20-2014), PMok (02-22-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #42
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlookedx View Post
I can help out with any SF stuff as well, though there aren't enough of us enthusiast-types out here to have meets/drives too often, the occasional one is nice. And I'm always down to organize caravans to any type of event.
Did you get lost? BAIC is that way ------->

Hahaha. I kid, I kid.

But to bring up a point I hope others are not thinking events and meets can only be planned by leadership. Meets can definitely be created and ran by anyone. The reason to have a board or council is for large scale meets such as 86Fiesta, the toy drive, etc. But whoever does end up stepping into the role should pay close attention to who is volunteering. Lol

The Following User Says Thank You to finch1750 For This Useful Post:
PMok (02-22-2014)

Tags
norcal, norcal owners club, town hall meeting