follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 04-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
Celadrielas

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Fr-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2013 asphalt MT - Family car build

I've owned the vehicle for about 45 days now. Just long enough to get tags. When I bought the car, I was told I had to buy a car our 6 year old would fit in... Leaving the dealership, I was suprised she was grinning as big as she was, being she's not much of a car girl.

Our budget allowed for about $24,000 worth of car, so we bought used. 10,000 miles, $18,134 --

So far, the mods on the vehicle are:
- Beatsonic V2 shark fin antenna
- AEM CAI intake
- Coin tray 86 custom plackard

Planned:
- Exhaust (possible custom)
- Tint (need ASAP since I am in AZ)
- Wider rims
- Stickier tires
- Tune (ECUTek, I think)
- Lower springs / Coilovers

+ and MAYVE A second FR-S for the wife-to-be. (She has to get efficient at stick first, though she can buy auto if she wants it.) She loves this car.

Car was recently in the shop. If you're located in East Valley of AZ, don't go to superstitions. Radiator cap popped and no one seems to know why. Vehicle was serviced by Big Two of Chandler because I caught Earnhardt Toyota mistreating the vehicle. Their porter had the vehicle strung out in first and was barreling through their parking lot when I popped by unannounced to check on the vehicle.

I called Big Two and explained the situation. Vehicle was immidately towed by Big Two to their facility at no charge and their service Manager Jason gave me the keys off his keyring to get me home. "As long as I have your car keys, you have mine. We'll take care of you - I promise"

vehicle was down almost a week. While in the shop, Big two replaced the radiator, the rad. cap, the fuel pump for crickets they heard, fixed the rattle in the trunk, checked the timing, and did an oil change / tire rotation & check. When I got my car Emme back, there was a hand written apology by Jason sitting on her dash.

I don't know how deep this rabbit hole will go, but I've already completed HPDE stage 1 and the wife-to-be and son LOVE being in Emme. So though this build may never make it to something crazy, I hope to eventually make it look almost stock while keeping some decent power and amazing balance.
Celadrielas is offline   Reply With Quote