follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maps316 View Post
Was told by my sales rep. He said that my car status went from waitlist to in production which naturally asked what that meant and he pretty much told me that my car is going to be among the next 50 to be built so a VIN will be assigned soon,
Wonder how he would know if it's the next 50, and since the VIN isn't assigned till it gets to the US shores, it wouldn't be soon so much as in a while! Just how I'd interpret that information I guess.

Seems like batches of 50 would be small. I'd love to know how they really do that at the factory, anyone got an insider that could fill us in?
michaelahess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #16
Lytheum

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
How do you think the March ordered WRB Premiums feel? -_-
ordered on march 15th i think. my car should be here next week! WRB premium 6mt.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
Blackforge

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited - CBS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Ordered 4/2, #1 order, and haven't heard anything. May call SOA later to check. Dealer has a Premium (Satin White Pearl) and Limited (Sterling Silver) both in Automatic in transit according to the inventory on the website....

So much for their "You'll be the first to get yours!" :p
Blackforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
Zadkiel

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackforge View Post
Ordered 4/2, #1 order, and haven't heard anything. May call SOA later to check. Dealer has a Premium (Satin White Pearl) and Limited (Sterling Silver) both in Automatic in transit according to the inventory on the website....

This is some of the stuff I can't stand, and you know the dealer doesn't really care either. They'll just shrug and say, "Well, someone else will buy it." The dealer I'm getting mine from is allocated 4, mine and someone elses are already taken. The kicker? Both his and mine don't have an ETA, but the other 2 are arriving in June and July and they're both not what I want. Color doesn't matter, I just want a Limited MT.
Zadkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #19
kwood9000

Drives: Limited WRB AT6 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackforge View Post

Same problem here in Atlanta. Initially I was 2 out of 6 and now 1 out of 7 (don't ask). I ordered a Limited WRB AT with no options on March 23rd. The first BRZ (silver) was delivered last week or so. Now a second one is on it's way, a Limited WRB AT with option package 1A. Suposedly the dealer can't give me this and said they won't know who it belongs to until they receive it. Sounds a little fishy.

Mine is still wait listed with no ETA.
kwood9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #20
niharG

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ordered a WRB Premium MT April 9th, but I was #13/20 at my dealership and am still waitlisted They already received a few ATs, but with the way this is looking I may switch my order to an FR-S in a couple days. They are far more readily available, and just about all dealers have cars on their lot or in transit.
niharG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #21
michaelahess

I emailed subaru yesterday, they responded and said my car won't be here until October! I mentioned the fact that the dealer in Denver has two GBS coming in that are inventory cars with no pre-order, they didn't even care.

This pre-order thing is complete bullshit.

I think I'm just going to cancel and order a 2014 next year.

In Wyoming, October isn't exactly summer driving fun.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #22
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
I'm definitely getting the feeling that this lining us up as pre-orders and taking our $500 to $1000 refundable or non-refundable deposits was a whole line of BS. This is the only car company I know of where allocations aren't modified to meet a customer's ordered specs. Dealerships should not be getting cars that aren't sold when there are ordered cars in the queue. If I knew what I know now, I never would have put down a deposit and "pre-ordered" one two months ago. I would be buying one from Houston or Atlanta where I have seen my spec available and waiting to be purchased.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #23
michaelahess

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I'm definitely getting the feeling that this lining us up as pre-orders and taking our $500 to $1000 refundable or non-refundable deposits was a whole line of BS. This is the only car company I know of where allocations aren't modified to meet a customer's ordered specs. Dealerships should not be getting cars that aren't sold when there are ordered cars in the queue. If I knew what I know now, I never would have put down a deposit and "pre-ordered" one two months ago. I would be buying one from Houston or Atlanta where I have seen my spec available and waiting to be purchased.
Agreed, that and the dealers doing 3-5k markups, this whole thing was a farce. My dealer has some ideas and he's going to get back with me soon, hopefully one of them involves me actually getting a car. Gotta say, he's doing more for me than the other few dealers I've spoken with. Though one in Reno said I should order a 2014 convertible from him next year, just over invoice too, not a bad idea....
Old 06-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #24
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
Agreed, that and the dealers doing 3-5k markups, this whole thing was a farce. My dealer has some ideas and he's going to get back with me soon, hopefully one of them involves me actually getting a car. Gotta say, he's doing more for me than the other few dealers I've spoken with. Though one in Reno said I should order a 2014 convertible from him next year, just over invoice too, not a bad idea....

I was just told my vehicle I put money down on has a VON with someone elses name on it. We'll see how this pans out.....
Old 06-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #25
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
I emailed subaru yesterday, they responded and said my car won't be here until October! I mentioned the fact that the dealer in Denver has two GBS coming in that are inventory cars with no pre-order, they didn't even care.

This pre-order thing is complete bullshit.

I think I'm just going to cancel and order a 2014 next year.

In Wyoming, October isn't exactly summer driving fun.
October seems to be the company line as far as pre-orders. I just got an e-mail back today with the "October ETA" line. I think SoA must've issued a bulletin to inform all persons inquiring that their cars should arrive in October.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #26
Dzeremijs

Drives: 2013 WR Blue BRZ - MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Early this month, I called my dealer to see if they had any information. I was still wait listed-- but my sales guy said, "late June, early July it should be here." I figured he had no idea, but that was confirmed when I called back today and he said, "I would guess late July, early August." GAH!

I'm 2/4, ordered a WRB MT Limited on april 9.
The person ahead of me is the exact same order, who I believe ordered in March-- and he has no word on his either. Of course, the dealer got a WRB Limited AT a month ago that was sold in a few days on the lot.

So that's my update. Pretty annoying. Approaching 12 weeks since the order, aka, "the latest it will arrive" date. I feel bad for all of you who ordered in March and still have no info. My urge to pull my deposit is increasing. If i find a BRZ in the right combination on cars.com in the surrounding states, I'm grabbing it. I really would like the one special ordered for me, but I also dont want a new car when it's snowing.

At this rate...should I just put in an order and say, "give me a 2014"? I mean...what about the people that aren't expected to get theirs until mid next year? Will theirs be 2014's? when does a switch like that happen?
Dzeremijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #27
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytheum View Post
ordered on march 15th i think. my car should be here next week! WRB premium 6mt.
Cool! Not. I ordered...let me open my email and check...March 1st and I have nothing. October? That's a fucking joke. I WILL get a WRX if that's the case.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #28
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzeremijs View Post
Early this month, I called my dealer to see if they had any information. I was still wait listed-- but my sales guy said, "late June, early July it should be here." I figured he had no idea, but that was confirmed when I called back today and he said, "I would guess late July, early August." GAH!

I'm 2/4, ordered a WRB MT Limited on april 9.
The person ahead of me is the exact same order, who I believe ordered in March-- and he has no word on his either. Of course, the dealer got a WRB Limited AT a month ago that was sold in a few days on the lot.

So that's my update. Pretty annoying. Approaching 12 weeks since the order, aka, "the latest it will arrive" date. I feel bad for all of you who ordered in March and still have no info. My urge to pull my deposit is increasing. If i find a BRZ in the right combination on cars.com in the surrounding states, I'm grabbing it. I really would like the one special ordered for me, but I also dont want a new car when it's snowing.

At this rate...should I just put in an order and say, "give me a 2014"? I mean...what about the people that aren't expected to get theirs until mid next year? Will theirs be 2014's? when does a switch like that happen?

I'd say the switch would happen around the same time the cars here first arrived or a few months later. So around Summer/Early fall. The revised 2013 Z is arriving/up for ordering this month I believe, so it seems to be around this time.