follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #15
feedbag
Seasoned Spirit

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadkiel View Post
Exactly. The only 2 pieces of info I have are that it's on the "Wait List", from SoA, and it could arrive anywhere between 5/30 and November, the dealer's words. It'd be one thing if I knew when the car was coming. The fact that no one knows anything other than no later than November is irritating.
How many cars does your dealer have allocated and of the people going through that particular dealership how many people submitted orders into the SoA system before you?
feedbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Where do you find this "Pipeline report"? I assume it's something only Subaru dealers can look at.
Correct, it's on Subaru's internal website. (I work at a dealer)
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Opie For This Useful Post:
Zadkiel (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #17
Zadkiel

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedbag View Post
How many cars does your dealer have allocated and of the people going through that particular dealership how many people submitted orders into the SoA system before you?

The dealer was getting 4, but I don't know if anyone custom ordered theirs before-hand. I know that there was 1 other person who at least put money down to get one before me. It's weird though, they're getting 2 premiums, 1 scheduled for 6/21 and the other for 7/??, before mine and I don't know about the 4th one that was already claimed.

I only went to that dealer because the dealer in Harrisburg is only getting a premium automatic. I don't know why anyone would want an automatic in this car to be honest.
Zadkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #18
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
Correct, it's on Subaru's internal website. (I work at a dealer)
I figured as much.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #19
ImAwesome

Drives: 99' M3, 13' SWP Brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Im on wait list right now...oh well
ImAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #20
DantKR

Drives: Subaru BRZ LT
Call SOA and find out here it is D;.

Where in NC are you ImAwesome?
DantKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #21
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedbag View Post

Well apparently there has been only 1 other person who had done any type of ordering/money down. He did it a month before me and he doesn't have an ETA either. I'd hate to be him. He's been waiting a bit longer, doesn't have an ETA and has to watch to cars that haven't even been claimed arrive before he even has an ETA.(2 Premiums, one silver 6/21, the other ?? color, 7/??). This dealer was apparently allocated 3 and had a 4th mysteriously show up on the allocation list.

I just told the dealer that if I don't have an ETA by the end of July I'll have to explore other options. I think it's ridiculous that 2 cars without buyers show up before the 2 that have paying customers.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #22
dori.
Señor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Well apparently there has been only 1 other person who had done any type of ordering/money down. He did it a month before me and he doesn't have an ETA either. I'd hate to be him. He's been waiting a bit longer, doesn't have an ETA and has to watch to cars that haven't even been claimed arrive before he even has an ETA.(2 Premiums, one silver 6/21, the other ?? color, 7/??). This dealer was apparently allocated 3 and had a 4th mysteriously show up on the allocation list.

I just told the dealer that if I don't have an ETA by the end of July I'll have to explore other options. I think it's ridiculous that 2 cars without buyers show up before the 2 that have paying customers.
man, I put an order in march, still no car, and the dealer is getting a bunch of cars, but none in the right color... this is a killer
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #23
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dori. View Post
man, I put an order in march, still no car, and the dealer is getting a bunch of cars, but none in the right color... this is a killer

This is some of the stuff I can't stand, and you know the dealer doesn't really care either if you say you'll back out. They'll just shrug and say, "Well, someone else will buy it."
Old 06-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #24
dirkXPC

Drives: DGM BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Does anyone have any insight on how the colors are being distributed, let alone the models? It appears (to me, anyway) that the dealers are at the whim of their supplier, receiving what they've been told they get, without any choice in models, colors, or even when they'll arrive.
dirkXPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #25
Trikle

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
well looks like my date slipped

Dealer says its in the "released" status now, when it was in "Scheduled" 2 weeks ago, though i read the bay area port is in Richmond so thats not to bad for San Jose.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day
Trikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #26
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkXPC View Post
Does anyone have any insight on how the colors are being distributed, let alone the models? It appears (to me, anyway) that the dealers are at the whim of their supplier, receiving what they've been told they get, without any choice in models, colors, or even when they'll arrive.

It seems to be that way. Myself and another person don't have an ETA at my dealer, I don't know his trim level is, but the dealer is getting 2 premiums before us, the one is silver and I don't know the other.

There's a dealer in Lancaster, PA that's getting a Silver premium as well. I'll gladly take a $500 deposit hit if they're getting any Limited BRZ's with an actual ETA as opposed to my "between now and November" estimate(5/30/12). Keep in mind my car was already allocated to the dealer before I put money down.

Last edited by Zadkiel; 06-14-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #27
Capt Canuck

Drives: BMW E36 323is
Quote:
This is some of the stuff I can't stand, and you know the dealer doesn't really care either if you say you'll back out. They'll just shrug and say, "Well, someone else will buy it."
What would you prefer they say?

You ordered a specific configuration of car and it is going to take some time. You'd back out why exactly? Because you lack patience or you are pouting because others who didn't order, who I guess are less worthy, have cars?

Quit whinging and be thankful you are in a position where you can buy a new sports car
Old 06-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #28
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkXPC View Post
The first allocation of cars were just a mass order from Subaru of America, not actual customer orderes. SoA is trying to match cars from the first allocation to fill individual customer orders the best they can first, then any remaining cars will be shipped out to dealers based on their individual allocation in no particular order.

The following shipments will include more "ordered" cars to fill all the remaining orders.

All of the first 6 cars we received matched customers orders, but they didn't arrive in order, instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, they arrived; 1, 2, 4, 6, 3, 5.
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote