follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-05-2016, 12:06 AM   #6763
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintexUSA View Post
Full kit prices:

$6,290--335 race kit with SPS blower
$5,295--210 street kit with SPS blower

How about a price on just the 210 sps blower by itself.
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CK_Bladesmith For This Useful Post:
azynneo (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 04:26 PM   #6764
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Full kit prices:

$6,290--335 race kit with SPS blower
$5,295--210 street kit with SPS blower
Would you be so kind as to let us know which parts are different, how they were changed, and what advantages we will see over the non-SPS blower?

Will there be a 210 to 335 SPS upgrade kit option? Currently there's a 210 to 335 non-SPS upgrade so I'd assume yes to this. I'm contemplating upgrading to the 335 (from 210 non-SPS) sometime this year and may as well get the 335 SPS instead of the 335 non-SPS based on your answer to the first question once you answer it.

Thank you
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:46 PM   #6765
SprintexUSA

Drives: 2014 FT86
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
$2,195--SPS 210 blower by itself, up to the gear cover. (needs drive pulley and intake casting.)

$2,505--SPS 335 blower by itself, up to the gear cover (needs drive pulley and intake casting.)

I don't have any pre-made SPS upgrade kits like what we did for the 335 upgrade kit. We can build a couple with the parts that are here, but figure about a 2 week lead time.

FYI--all SPS kits are intercooled.
SprintexUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SprintexUSA For This Useful Post:
stockysnail (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 01:36 AM   #6766
Jeremiahlee34

Drives: FRS innovate supercharged
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So I know pretty much nothing at all about tuning a car or installing a supercharger. And I just bought a stage 2 innovate 210 kit with a Perrin CAI, catch cans and pro-ecutek.

My problem:
The local Subaru dealer in my town will install the kit but they say they will not tune/reflash anything. Not sure why..

My question:
Is it okay to have them install the kit but not reflash or tune the car, test drive it to make sure all is working then myself do the tune for the car in the parking lot of the dealers?

would this cause any damage to the engine driving it (at low revs) before any tune/reflash?

excuse my ignorance, still learning.

thank you in advance
Jeremiahlee34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:23 AM   #6767
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiahlee34 View Post
So I know pretty much nothing at all about tuning a car or installing a supercharger. And I just bought a stage 2 innovate 210 kit with a Perrin CAI, catch cans and pro-ecutek.

My problem:
The local Subaru dealer in my town will install the kit but they say they will not tune/reflash anything. Not sure why..

My question:
Is it okay to have them install the kit but not reflash or tune the car, test drive it to make sure all is working then myself do the tune for the car in the parking lot of the dealers?

would this cause any damage to the engine driving it (at low revs) before any tune/reflash?

thank you in advance
Here's my shot from the hip...
You'd probably want to have someone like Moto-East ( I use them and they're good) send you a tune file (you'll need a laptop, ecutek cable and license for the car). Have the dealer install the parts (unless you can find someone else like a performance mechanic). After the dealer installs it and before they start the car you'd flash the ecu with the supercharger tune, then you'd start the car for the first time post supercharger. Bad idea to run the car without a tune after the supercharger. Applying a tune only takes minutes if you have everything already setup on the laptop already and know where to click to do the flash.
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:11 AM   #6768
jwvand02

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

My problem:

My question:

thank you in advance
Don't start the car without the tune.

If this is really your only option, I'd have them push it out into the parking lot, then flash, then start.

Something about having a Subaru dealer install the kit just doesn't sit right with me though. I guess given that there are a number of FI Subie cars, this probably isn't their first rodeo with FI, but without really being confident that they know what they're doing I'd be a bit uncomfortable.

Honestly if I were you I'd invest some time in finding a performance shop that's experienced with the platform and is willing to support you. I've had the kit on my car for nearly a year and I'm just now getting comfortable with everything being in working order.

I've had to chase down intake leaks, vacuum leaks, boost leaks, issues with the bpv, CELs, the whole nine yards. Honestly if it weren't for the fact that my car has exclusively seen E85, there's a really good chance my motor would have popped.

It's entirely possible that you'll need that ongoing help as well. If you're not comfortable with doing the work yourself (even with some guidance) you're not going to be able to diagnose crap that goes wrong either and you're gonna need someone to help you.

I've had to learn a lot as I go, but having the baseline knowledge to make sense of the research I've done has been critical. If you're not 100% confident that these guys at the dealer are going to be able to continue to help you, I'd take it somewhere else.

It's also entirely likely that this will go off without a hitch and all of my advice is overly conservative.

edit: also, even if starting the car without the tune and putting around the lot doesn't cause damage (big if) the car will run like shit and you'll think something is wrong anyways.
jwvand02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:21 AM   #6769
jwvand02

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Quote:

My problem:

My question:

thank you in advance
Check out this thread:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92320

Quite a few shops listed in the NE Mass, SE NH areas. Could still be a bit of a hike depending on where in Maine you are but worth checking out.
jwvand02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:06 PM   #6770
Jeremiahlee34

Drives: FRS innovate supercharged
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thank you, all of you! Extremely helpful. I am about two hours away from Kaizen Tuning, and I am going to have them do the full install and a custom tune. It will probably be cheaper too honestly because they actually know what they are doing so it will go by faster lol.

Again thank you all!
Jeremiahlee34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:22 AM   #6771
Dream20b
Y u do dis?

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
$2,195--SPS 210 blower by itself, up to the gear cover. (needs drive pulley and intake casting.)

$2,505--SPS 335 blower by itself, up to the gear cover (needs drive pulley and intake casting.)

I don't have any pre-made SPS upgrade kits like what we did for the 335 upgrade kit. We can build a couple with the parts that are here, but figure about a 2 week lead time.

FYI--all SPS kits are intercooled.
Will the gear cover, drive pulley, and intake casting from the 210 work on the 210 SPS blower?

Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about. Everything you said was completely and utterly the ramblings of a babbling idiot regurgitating garbage from his mouth. Everyone here is now dumber from reading your post. Please die now.

Last edited by Dream20b; 01-07-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Dream20b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #6772
sam69

Drives: GT 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream20b View Post
Will the gear cover, drive pulley, and intake casting from the 210 work on the 210 SPS blower?
Yes it will
sam69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sam69 For This Useful Post:
Dream20b (01-07-2016), SprintexUSA (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 10:23 PM   #6773
azynneo

Drives: FR-S
anyone know if the grimspeed alternator cover will fit with the sprintex next to it?

Also, is there a cover for the sprintex pulley (gonna have vents)
azynneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:14 AM   #6774
azynneo

also did anyone upgrade to the 335 blower for the stock motor yet? I'm tempted to just aim for 300-320whp on 91 octane.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:07 AM   #6775
Rifle
EX-86 Supercharged God

Drives: '16 Series.HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azynneo View Post
also did anyone upgrade to the 335 blower for the stock motor yet? I'm tempted to just aim for 300-320whp on 91 octane.
@moto-mike
Old 01-09-2016, 03:23 AM   #6776
azynneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
aside from him lol, I'm talking bout daily drivers + really pushing it (drift/autox/track)

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.