follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-09-2018, 07:35 PM   #2115
RustyS14

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Realized I posted my intro in the FR-S section, I'm sure it doesn't really matter but I figured I'd post up in here as well since I sold my daily S2000 and picked up a 2013 BRZ a few months ago. This forum has already helped me sort out some quirks on the car so hopefully I'll be able to contribute something back once I learn the new chassis!

RustyS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:41 AM   #2116
Lifer1988

Drives: 2017 Ice Silver BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone, I’m a happy owner of a silver metallic BRZ ‘17 Limited since July of 2017. It is such a fun car to drive and I love the tight handling feel of the car.
I hope you all have fun with your FRS/86 or BRZ. Will be posting here to share and to get help when needed. Enjoy a great 2018 everyone! =)
Lifer1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #2117
Roanker

Drives: ‘17 BRZ Premium
New '17BRZ Premium

Bought it as a Christmas present from me to me.
Attached Images

Roanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:55 PM   #2118
Street_Shark

Drives: Series.Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Hey there everyone, thank you for the add. My name is Michael and I've had my Series.Yellow Kouki BRZ for around 7 months now. I've had a lot of different types of popular fun cars over the last few years but I'd say this BRZ definitely holds the candle compared to them. I hope I can spend many years with this thing haha. Pleasure to meet you all!
Attached Images

Street_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:23 AM   #2119
Mgseth529

Drives: 2014
Hello
Mgseth529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:26 PM   #2120
realnatedawg_brz

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2017 Yellow Series
Hey

Owner of a Series Yellow since July-August 2017, can't wait for the snow and salt to wash away and bring my car out!

Last edited by realnatedawg_brz; 01-28-2018 at 03:30 AM. Reason: added the car
realnatedawg_brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to realnatedawg_brz For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 10:00 PM   #2121
COBlue

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited PP
Merry Christmas to me! I've had it six weeks and loving it so far! I keep finding excuses to run errands so the wife is happy. :-)
Happy to have found the forum for all the information and help!
Attached Images

COBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to COBlue For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (01-30-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #2122
AzBRZ2017

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited PP
New Here!

Hey everyone!! Been searching the forums for a while now and finally got around to making an account and saying hello. I got my limited 2017 BRZ with the performance package a few months ago and I'm absolutely loving the car. I have a Spec-D Tuning cat back installed, no other mods at the moment, doing some saving for more
Anyone in the Phoenix area of Arizona?? I'm in need of some car buddies.
AzBRZ2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:36 AM   #2123
MuSubie

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Garage
New BRZ Owner

Hey everyone. New owner of a Limited 2014 Subaru BRZ and it has been a blast. I'm coming from a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS so its a pretty big difference.
The car is pure stock as of now, but I've got some mod plans in the pipe as we speak.
Attached Images

MuSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #2124
OfficeWorker

Drives: 2018 WRX STI
How did I wind up with one of these cars?

I don't have a very exciting life. And yet now I drive an exciting car.

Well, it all started at the Motortrend car show (It was quite a bit of a sausagefest. But they had a Jaguar XJ220 and funnel cakes, so who can complain?) I walked into the main room and there was Subaru's setup. I saw a blue BRZ Limited. I walked up to it, sat in it, thought it was awesome, and thought it was ridiculously impractical. I started to walk away. Then, a pretty lady came up to me who worked for Subaru, and started telling me about the car. She gave me a $500 voucher from Subaru if I made a purchase in the next 90 days. Perhaps I should have said no... Other than the XJ220 (which was priced a wee bit beyond my budget at a cool million), nothing made me feel 'excited' like the BRZ. A few days later, I decided to go to a dealer just because I had $500 off and I did like sitting in the car. I drove one. Big mistake. I loved it. I thought about it. I bought it. It's my daily…and I live in an area that can get pretty bad winters. And of course it snowed 24 hours after buying the car. Oh well. Who needs to go out when it snows anyway? Besides, I can always walk to the bar.

So here I am with a blue 2017 Limited with the Brembo performance package with the ole' fashioned sticky-stick (been a little while since I DD'd a manual so I'm still a little rough in that area, and trying to get back to being proficient with heel-and-toe as I was on a car I drove over a decade ago). I really like the car (I really dislike the OEM tires - so the extent of my planned mods are Pilot Sports AS3+', the Perrin front license plate mount, a hardwired V1, and a cell phone mount that lets me view my iPhone within my line of sight [wish it had a way to run Waze on the built-in LCD…]) (and possibly clutch fluid...a 50/50 mix of Red Line MTL and MT90 made a previous car I owned shift like a Ferrari - I assume there is some magic fluid specific to the BRZ which I plan to do a little searching and reading on as well.)

And damn those pretty ladies with $500 vouchers! They get you every time!
OfficeWorker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OfficeWorker For This Useful Post:
Spuds (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 09:29 PM   #2125
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,146 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeWorker View Post
How did I wind up with one of these cars?

I don't have a very exciting life. And yet now I drive an exciting car.

Well, it all started at the Motortrend car show (It was quite a bit of a sausagefest. But they had a Jaguar XJ220 and funnel cakes, so who can complain?) I walked into the main room and there was Subaru's setup. I saw a blue BRZ Limited. I walked up to it, sat in it, thought it was awesome, and thought it was ridiculously impractical. I started to walk away. Then, a pretty lady came up to me who worked for Subaru, and started telling me about the car. She gave me a $500 voucher from Subaru if I made a purchase in the next 90 days. Perhaps I should have said no... Other than the XJ220 (which was priced a wee bit beyond my budget at a cool million), nothing made me feel 'excited' like the BRZ. A few days later, I decided to go to a dealer just because I had $500 off and I did like sitting in the car. I drove one. Big mistake. I loved it. I thought about it. I bought it. It's my daily…and I live in an area that can get pretty bad winters. And of course it snowed 24 hours after buying the car. Oh well. Who needs to go out when it snows anyway? Besides, I can always walk to the bar.

So here I am with a blue 2017 Limited with the Brembo performance package with the ole' fashioned sticky-stick (been a little while since I DD'd a manual so I'm still a little rough in that area, and trying to get back to being proficient with heel-and-toe as I was on a car I drove over a decade ago). I really like the car (I really dislike the OEM tires - so the extent of my planned mods are Pilot Sports AS3+', the Perrin front license plate mount, a hardwired V1, and a cell phone mount that lets me view my iPhone within my line of sight [wish it had a way to run Waze on the built-in LCD…]) (and possibly clutch fluid...a 50/50 mix of Red Line MTL and MT90 made a previous car I owned shift like a Ferrari - I assume there is some magic fluid specific to the BRZ which I plan to do a little searching and reading on as well.)

And damn those pretty ladies with $500 vouchers! They get you every time!
Mine had me at first sit. I literally bought the first twin I sat in.
Spuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:21 AM   #2126
4Flat4Life

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ STi

Picked up my BRZ!

https://imgur.com/a/Gtm7K
4Flat4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:39 PM   #2127
devonr

Drives: 14' E85 BRZ
Hi y'all! Owned my BRZ for almost 2 years now and I have loved it more and more everyday. Full exhaust system now, wheels, tires, etc. I won't get rid of this car for a long time. Great all around vehicle and I'm glad to be a part of the community
devonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:05 AM   #2128
bentleyboii

Drives: 2022 GR86
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Flat4Life View Post

Picked up my BRZ!

https://imgur.com/a/Gtm7K
Very Nice. Good Color too