follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Commercial Classifieds > Exterior Parts - Lighting

View the official forum sponsors list

User Tag List

Old 08-27-2014, 01:56 AM   #99
kajun

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@scottmcphee, any idea how much this would be to ship to Australia?
kajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:33 PM   #100
scottmcphee

Drives: 06 Subaru Legacy
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajun View Post
@scottmcphee, any idea how much this would be to ship to Australia?
Yes, its $10. Just go to the order page (follow link in my sig) and there is a shipping pull down option for international...just pick that and it gets to Oz.

TapTurn flasher learn more here.
scottmcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #101
axelo
Banned

Drives: Whiteout frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
F¥€k yeah

Ordered mine today....really psyched!!!
axelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:41 AM   #102
ali

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Any option to ship worldwide with tracking? To Saudi Arabia in particular . If not, who do I reach out to to ship to a different address from what's on my PayPal? Thanks!
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #103
scottmcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali View Post
Any option to ship worldwide with tracking? To Saudi Arabia in particular . If not, who do I reach out to to ship to a different address from what's on my PayPal? Thanks!
ships worldwide postal for $10, no tracking for that

will ship anywhere you want, don't care if it matches paypal address or not

pm me here to give special instructions where to ship, or leave a note with your paypal purchase where to send it, or do both!

Just order off the website, link is
http://autowindow.com/orderT.html
Old 01-14-2015, 03:59 AM   #104
Kevinn

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited, Black, Manual
Has anyone tried all of the features of this flasher with the Buddy Club sequential taillights? Especially strobe turn signals and hazards?

Thanks!

Edit: Woops, already answered on page 4 http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=82
Kevinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:20 PM   #105
scottmcphee

What's your opinion on the loudness of signaling "ticks"? I find in quieter cars, I like quieter signal ticking sounds.

I've made up some TapTurn units that have sound output that is about half the volume of a regular flasher. So it's quite muted.

Some people like solid loud ticks, as a reminder the signals are on... others have asked if it would be possible to "quiet down" a flasher so its ticks are softer and less noticeable.

Before, I'd stuff sound dampening material in the flasher, but now I've made up a bunch using a different internal relay selection that just happens to be much quieter.

Thoughts?

Old 04-13-2015, 04:24 AM   #106
Kevinn

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited, Black, Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmcphee View Post
What's your opinion on the loudness of signaling "ticks"? I find in quieter cars, I like quieter signal ticking sounds.

I've made up some TapTurn units that have sound output that is about half the volume of a regular flasher. So it's quite muted.

Some people like solid loud ticks, as a reminder the signals are on... others have asked if it would be possible to "quiet down" a flasher so its ticks are softer and less noticeable.

Before, I'd stuff sound dampening material in the flasher, but now I've made up a bunch using a different internal relay selection that just happens to be much quieter.

Thoughts?
I have the strobe pack, and I can't tell a difference from the stock sound. I like it a lot.

I'm sure the quieter ticking would be better for when you have full strobe enabled. Especially the wig wag strobe. The ticking from that could get annoying. I've gotten used to the strobe double signal flashing sound though.

This is a great signal relay as is, but offering a quiet option would probably appeal to those who don't like loud (Stock flasher volume) ticks.
Kevinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:18 AM   #107
gtishtar

Drives: 86
hello..Scott

i have regular tapturn without strobepack option, i was wondering if i want new feature such as arrival & departure lighting and directional park lights..should i get the regular one or the with strobepack option?
if getting strobepack option one is in order to have new feature..could i complete disable it or get regular one with new feature as customized made

btw, could make the clicking sound a bit louder. it's hard to hear when playing music with my current one.

Last edited by gtishtar; 06-14-2015 at 11:28 AM.
gtishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #108
scottmcphee

I have just made a product update, and it's detailed on the web site.

Basically, the change is now you just tap the signal stock when flashers are on to get the modified patterns (eg wigwag). No longer is it necessary to keep the signal stalk in left or right positions to keep modified hazards working. This change means you can drive around a track or patrol a parking lot with wig wag hazards staying on and steering wheel turns won't cancel them.

Also, you can tap right to get wig wag flashing, then tap left to slow down wig wag... Which makes a new hazard mode that is easy to do.

All units shipping forward will have this new capability.

If you NEED this new capability on your existing TapTurn unit that has been purchased in the last year, I can upgrade the software with a new chip for USD$25 (total) if you send it in to me I will send it back with one day turn around. This is essentially just covering my costs for the upgrade.

Last edited by scottmcphee; 06-21-2015 at 12:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to scottmcphee For This Useful Post:
Kevinn (06-22-2015)
Old 01-31-2016, 12:40 AM   #109
tracerit

Drives: '13 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
is it possible to upgrade my module purchased May 2014 to a current one? Mainly would just like the strobe pack though.

Does the strobing feature also strobe flash on the dash board? Does it strobe click also? Or are the turn signal flash and clicks the same? Hopefully it will stay the same inside, because multiple strobe flash/clicks I'd imagine would be annoying.
tracerit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:24 AM   #110
beaver_scott

Drives: 2013 FRS hot lava
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
is it possible to upgrade my module purchased May 2014 to a current one? Mainly would just like the strobe pack though.

Does the strobing feature also strobe flash on the dash board? Does it strobe click also? Or are the turn signal flash and clicks the same? Hopefully it will stay the same inside, because multiple strobe flash/clicks I'd imagine would be annoying.

I would like to upgrade mine as well to get the strobe add on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beaver_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:00 AM   #111
Neil_turbo

Drives: GT86 trd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quick question - has anybody had any issues with the hazards / indicators not working after jump starting with a tapturn installed?

This has happened to me twice now (the first time it fixed itself somehow :-/ ) and trying to work out where the problem is.

Cheers

Neil

EDIT - Problem solved - the tapturn just needed a hard reset. for anyone else having the same issues visit here - http://www.autowindow.com/install-instructions

Last edited by Neil_turbo; 02-02-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Neil_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:19 AM   #112
scottmcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_turbo View Post
Quick question - has anybody had any issues with the hazards / indicators not working after jump starting with a tapturn installed?

This has happened to me twice now (the first time it fixed itself somehow :-/ ) and trying to work out where the problem is.

Cheers

Neil

EDIT - Problem solved - the tapturn just needed a hard reset. for anyone else having the same issues visit here - http://www.autowindow.com/install-instructions
and specifically, do this:

Quote:
After battery maintenance, boosts, disconnection, or accidental discharge you may need to restore TapTurn with a hard reset. Once the battery is in good condition, pull the hazard fuse, then plug the fuse back in. Follow with a soft reset to restore TapTurn to its original shipped condition.
(right off the web site page you pointed to)