follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
Djratrap

Drives: BRZ CSB Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I need your help

Hey guys i was recently hit and run and need help identifying a vehicle. I'm going to search my block after work hours to find a car that matches. If they have an ounce of a brain they probably parked somewhere else.

I have attached a screenshot of the vehicle that backed into me. Its a silver sedan (maybe compact). It has funky taillights which remind me of a Lincoln. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Djratrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:49 PM   #2
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Any other clips from different angles?
Old 06-14-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
could be lincoln, could be a jaguar. Either way file a police report and let them and your insurance company deal with it. Odds are unless they are very stupid people they live nowhere near you. And if they do live near you odds are you don't want to meet them.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to why? For This Useful Post:
Spuds (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 09:46 PM   #4
J1Avs

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Looks like a Mercedes S Class IMO...model year around 2011
J1Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J1Avs For This Useful Post:
Spuds (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 10:53 PM   #5
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Was originally thinking Nissan Sentra, but the rearmost window is shaped wrong.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:04 PM   #6
highway7

Drives: FRS 2013
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Any extra pics or the entire video would help

To me tail lights look like a ford taurus

highway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:13 PM   #7
Djratrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Any other clips from different angles?
Unfortunately no, but update coming. I'm downsizing evidence jpegs.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:31 PM   #8
Djratrap

Well, they parked in their usual "reserved" spot. Not the brightest, they probably thought they got away with it. They also have fresh touch up on the car. I have silver paint on my vehicle as well. I was being generous and left them a note with 1 day to respond. I kept it civil as mad as i am (my car has been hit parked and or vandalized 4 times in the last 5 weeks). Why i upgraded from my old dash cam. I told them i have video footage of them hitting me and to please contact me at X number. If they don't want to play nice i'm filing a police report. I also don't want to start a war with my neighbors, but what they did was f#ck&d up.
Here are pics of my car and their car.

Hopefully this will have a "happy" resolution.

PS Sorry for the run on sentences it's been a stressful 5 weeks with my car(honestly thinking about getting a beater instead, and leaving my car with family).
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2018, 11:39 PM   #9
goojeras

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I can not see .
goojeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:22 AM   #10
Kimsey47

Drives: 2016 STI DGM
Thanked 1,460 Times in 662 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I was expecting a Dora the explorer thread when I saw the title... Sorry about the hit and run, I had one occur to my BRZ; however, unlike you I was unable to identify the culprit. Hopefully they own up, if not then I hope karma's a bitch!
Old 06-15-2018, 02:36 AM   #11
Djratrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimsey47 View Post
I was expecting a Dora the explorer thread when I saw the title... Sorry about the hit and run, I had one occur to my BRZ; however, unlike you I was unable to identify the culprit. Hopefully they own up, if not then I hope karma's a bitch!
This has been a rough month, first a neighbor hit and ran me luckily the other neighbor saw. So i was nice and played dumb, even though i had a signed witness statement describing the person, vehicle, time, etc... He fessed up after i told him the neighbor saw him. However, he pretended like he didn't realize he hit me. the neighbor saw him look at the damage and walk away(sh!thead).

About 2 weeks later someone decided it was a good idea to slash my front tire 4 times and then proceed to stab my driver fender up.

Less than a week ago a neighbor rear ended me while leaving a parallel spot (luckily they were nice and left a note, or maybe it was the visible front and rear dash cams with parking mode that made them sing a nice song).

Then this happened. I've been so swamped i didn't even notice it, until i was at the body shop today and the guy asked me if i wanted to fix my fender as well.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:10 AM   #12
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djratrap View Post
Well, they parked in their usual "reserved" spot. Not the brightest, they probably thought they got away with it. They also have fresh touch up on the car. I have silver paint on my vehicle as well. I was being generous and left them a note with 1 day to respond. I kept it civil as mad as i am (my car has been hit parked and or vandalized 4 times in the last 5 weeks). Why i upgraded from my old dash cam. I told them i have video footage of them hitting me and to please contact me at X number. If they don't want to play nice i'm filing a police report. I also don't want to start a war with my neighbors, but what they did was f#ck&d up.

FYI, be careful contacting them yourself if this happens again, they can easily spin something around into harassment or extortion and then no cop will want to run through all the paperwork and then will just ask you two to be civil.

Contact Police first with your new information and update them on the info, then contact your insurance and have them be aware you know who did it and give them information and the police report info. I know this from having several years of running dash-cams on my car that this method worked the quickest, and it prevents the offender from doing it again.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Djratrap (06-15-2018), Spuds (06-15-2018), why? (06-18-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 03:15 AM   #13
Djratrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
FYI, be careful contacting them yourself if this happens again, they can easily spin something around into harassment or extortion and then no cop will want to run through all the paperwork and then will just ask you two to be civil.

Contact Police first with your new information and update them on the info, then contact your insurance and have them be aware you know who did it and give them information and the police report info. I know this from having several years of running dash-cams on my car that this method worked the quickest, and it prevents the offender from doing it again.
I probably should have done that first. TBH, i'm just afraid of having neighbors with a vendetta against me. Although somebody obviously does (not necessarily these people). Well they have till noon tomorrow, then i'm going straight to the police and my insurance. I'm not paying for someone else's mistake.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:12 AM   #14
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You need to move.

I'm not kidding. It's not just the car. From what you've said, it's obvious you're under constant low-level stress as you worry about what your dipshit neighbors are going to do next. That kind of stress seems manageable in the short term but will take its toll on you over time. You need to GTFO now so you can relax and feel safe in your own home.

Also, even if it's not your fault, repeated insurance claims can cause your rates to increase. You're obviously in a high-risk area for property damage. It makes perfect sense for an insurance company to charge you more to live there if they're going to have to pay out more in claims as a result.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
Djratrap (06-15-2018), g e (06-17-2018), Kimsey47 (06-15-2018), why? (06-18-2018)