follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 09-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #1107
nzer

Drives: 2012 Grey TRD GT86, 2015 VW Golf R
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
Thanks but I tried the one you sent me and every rom I can find I think mine has a hardware defect. My rear USB doesn't work at all. Front works for wifi only
Damn
Old 10-02-2013, 02:30 AM   #1108
luv85

Drives: Grey GT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What music app are you guys using with this headunit?
I'm using poweramp but next / prev button on the headunit doesnt work with poweramp..
which is kinda annoying when Im using navigation cuz I need to switch apps to skip songs. Anyone know if there is a way to resolve this?
TIA
luv85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #1109
nzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv85 View Post
What music app are you guys using with this headunit?
I'm using poweramp but next / prev button on the headunit doesnt work with poweramp..
which is kinda annoying when Im using navigation cuz I need to switch apps to skip songs. Anyone know if there is a way to resolve this?
TIA
I'm using the stock music app but have had a play with power amp.

I found if you turn the tuning knob (not volume) then it skips track up and down. At least it does on the T7919A. Hopefully that works for you too.

Worked for me when using navi.

Or, maybe that was with the stock music app. Damn, can't remember but at least you can try.

EDIT: Just tested. Tuning knob skips up and down tracks when in other apps including navi but only stock music app. Doesn't work with power amp unfortunately for you.

Last edited by nzer; 10-02-2013 at 03:26 AM.
nzer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nzer For This Useful Post:
luv85 (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #1110
luv85

Drives: Grey GT
Thanks @nzer
Guess Im stuck with stock music app! I hate how it cant play all the songs in multiple folders....
luv85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #1111
ph0en1xtk

Drives: Raven MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
hey, in case anyones looking, im selling my head unit! Heres a link to the thread:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48207
ph0en1xtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #1112
jx86

Drives: -
Does anybody know if the T7019A has a mute wire which can be used for say, a laser jammer to kill sound temporarily?
jx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:59 AM   #1113
nzer

Tried to register with Sygic so bought a licence from their website. When loading it a message said thanks for registering for Vietnam maps even though I had bought Australia/New Zealand maps.

I emailed Sygic support and got this reply:
"You have purchased the licence designed and intended for smartphones, these will not work on Android 2.3 on In-Dash units, due to the fact that In-Dash devices with Android OS are undergoing some heavy customization from the side of the manufacturer, we cannot guarantee 100% functionality.

If you insist on using In-Dash units for navigation, I would recommend one with Win CE operating system instead, we have Drive software for navigation on Win CE 6.0 operating systems that can be purchased via the re-sellers"

They are refunding my purchase price of the licence. I don't think they realise it already works on the head unit. I was just trying to get regular map updates.

Last edited by nzer; 10-06-2013 at 06:31 PM.
nzer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nzer For This Useful Post:
GreenPants (10-06-2013)
Old 10-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #1114
GreenPants

Drives: Burnt Orange GT86
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
That's sad and funny at the same time.
GreenPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #1115
nzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPants View Post
That's sad and funny at the same time.
Agreed. I've gone back to them and said I am happy with how it is operating, I just want to be able to buy map updates. They can take my money if I can get the updates.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #1116
pheoxs
Hold my beer n watch this

Drives: '14 Fiesta ST / '91 240sx
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0en1xtk View Post
hey, in case anyones looking, im selling my head unit! Heres a link to the thread:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48207
Interested in trading for my T7019A? I can't figure out this rooting stuff and would love for one already done lol
Old 10-07-2013, 02:26 AM   #1117
coyote

Drives: Slowly
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I like my T7019A, but I've got a what bugs me list. I don't know how much relates to the unit and how much to the custom ROM as I'd flashed the custom rom within minutes of installation.

Contacts - I want to sync contacts with my GMail account, but there is no native contact manager and all the market ones seem to want to sync from a SIM card. I've installed the GMail app, but even it appears hamstrung by the lack of a contacts manager.

Text to Speech - I'm using Google Navigation and like it, but even though I've installed IVONA can't make the device use anything but the standard (terrible) TTS engine.

Voice Input / Output - Further to the above, I can find no menu for voice input and output. I chanced on it once with the help of IVONA, but can't find a way to access it through the menus. Think about it, that's crazy given this device lives in a car!

Stock Phone App - Contacts download from phone (manually), but they don't appear to be searchable nor sortable. A numerically sorted contact list is almost useless.

Installing Apps - I think this is may be a PlayStore issue, but some apps (mostly games like Angry Birds and Candy Crush) won't install because of lack of space (even when there is enough).

For me, if there was a central contacts manager that synced with GMail and also support for voice input/output, it would make this device pretty damn perfect. I can even live with the green lights.

I'm happy to contribute if it's a matter of money or beer.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #1118
nzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
I like my T7019A, but I've got a what bugs me list. I don't know how much relates to the unit and how much to the custom ROM as I'd flashed the custom rom within minutes of installation.

Contacts - I want to sync contacts with my GMail account, but there is no native contact manager and all the market ones seem to want to sync from a SIM card. I've installed the GMail app, but even it appears hamstrung by the lack of a contacts manager.

Text to Speech - I'm using Google Navigation and like it, but even though I've installed IVONA can't make the device use anything but the standard (terrible) TTS engine.

Voice Input / Output - Further to the above, I can find no menu for voice input and output. I chanced on it once with the help of IVONA, but can't find a way to access it through the menus. Think about it, that's crazy given this device lives in a car!

Stock Phone App - Contacts download from phone (manually), but they don't appear to be searchable nor sortable. A numerically sorted contact list is almost useless.

Installing Apps - I think this is may be a PlayStore issue, but some apps (mostly games like Angry Birds and Candy Crush) won't install because of lack of space (even when there is enough).

For me, if there was a central contacts manager that synced with GMail and also support for voice input/output, it would make this device pretty damn perfect. I can even live with the green lights.

I'm happy to contribute if it's a matter of money or beer.
You use heaps more functions than I do @coyote

The only one on your list I can assist with is the insufficient space one. I think the newest root file that @GreenPants has produced may fix it more permanently (not sure though) but here's the work around for the older root files. I tried it and it worked to install TomTom that had the insufficient space error you mention.

Solution thanks to @GreenPants is here
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=891
Old 10-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #1119
coyote

Drives: Slowly
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzer View Post
You use heaps more functions than I do @coyote

The only one on your list I can assist with is the insufficient space one. I think the newest root file that @GreenPants has produced may fix it more permanently (not sure though) but here's the work around for the older root files. I tried it and it worked to install TomTom that had the insufficient space error you mention.

Solution thanks to @GreenPants is here
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=891
Thanks to GreenPants and especially you, nzer. You and your mate tech are absolute legends.

I'll go looking for the new root file when I have time. If 2forme is still around, perhaps it could go in the first post?
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #1120
pheoxs
Hold my beer n watch this

Drives: '14 Fiesta ST / '91 240sx
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Can somebody post the newest root file? I'm hoping it fixes my issue maybe