follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #351
avs

Drives: Mazda Miata
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabdala View Post
Bertera Subaru, Hartford CT.

I was told my deposit is refundable $1000. It is even in writing. They still will not refund it and they went so far to say at best they could use the $1000 towards another car.

They told me they were pissed at me. They are getting 36 allocated this year to date. They have horrible reviews and a history of doing this which I noticed when I googled them it showed their rating and I read the comments.

Wow, their personality and attitude went from Dr. Jekyl to Mr. Hyde. The car will sell no matter what. They are the 3rd largest Subie dealer in New England.

I have a lawyer that has already researched CT law and has seen the paperwork as of today. The law says I get my refund. And, it's even on the paperwork.

They're trying to bully me because they figured I would take a $1000 hit as opposed to hiring a lawyer.

Please beware. They do this on all of their cars.
If you put your deposit using a credit card. Just call your credit card company, file a dispute and let them deal with it. You don't even need to talk to the dealership over the phone.
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to avs For This Useful Post:
Fly Guy (06-08-2012)
Old 06-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #352
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I am reposting this as Bertera Subaru of Hartford told me that if I removed my post then maybe they would "consider" returning my deposit.

Because of my new job and the restricted salary for the first 12 weeks I will not be able to afford a BRZ at this time. On April 30th I put a downpayment for a BRZ at Bertera Subie of Hartford and made sure it was written on their copy and mine "Deposit refundable."

So today they called. They asked if I could pick it up Saturday. I let them know things haven't changed with work and I need to come in for a refund on my credit card.

They told me they would not do that. They are bullying me on the phone telling me my only option is to buy the BRZ or they will use my $1000 towards a car in the future when I'm ready. I told them my paperwork clearly shows that it is refunable. And they said "Yeah refundable by a $1000 certificate you can use next time you pick up your car."

They wouldn't even act professionally. They told me this with anger. They would not listen to me even though I told them what the law states and told them in their own handwriting it says refundable.

I think they are assuming I'll take the hit because I don't want to hire a lawyer and I won't want to do business with them again so I'll let them keep the $1000. Well let's just say I have a couple lawyers on it now.

I wish I had checked out their Better Business Bureau rating and ratings on google before going there. They are notorious for this and hidden fees which is crazy considering they're the #3 largest Subie dealer in NE. I was so excited to put a downpayment on the car that I felt I needed to rush ASAP so I could get one earlier in the year. Well there's plenty in my area. I won't make that mistake again.

Just a heads up.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #353
Jayde

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
I am reposting this as Bertera Subaru of Hartford told me that if I removed my post then maybe they would "consider" returning my deposit.

Because of my new job and the restricted salary for the first 12 weeks I will not be able to afford a BRZ at this time. On April 30th I put a downpayment for a BRZ at Bertera Subie of Hartford and made sure it was written on their copy and mine "Deposit refundable."

So today they called. They asked if I could pick it up Saturday. I let them know things haven't changed with work and I need to come in for a refund on my credit card.

They told me they would not do that. They are bullying me on the phone telling me my only option is to buy the BRZ or they will use my $1000 towards a car in the future when I'm ready. I told them my paperwork clearly shows that it is refunable. And they said "Yeah refundable by a $1000 certificate you can use next time you pick up your car."

They wouldn't even act professionally. They told me this with anger. They would not listen to me even though I told them what the law states and told them in their own handwriting it says refundable.

I think they are assuming I'll take the hit because I don't want to hire a lawyer and I won't want to do business with them again so I'll let them keep the $1000. Well let's just say I have a couple lawyers on it now.

I wish I had checked out their Better Business Bureau rating and ratings on google before going there. They are notorious for this and hidden fees which is crazy considering they're the #3 largest Subie dealer in NE. I was so excited to put a downpayment on the car that I felt I needed to rush ASAP so I could get one earlier in the year. Well there's plenty in my area. I won't make that mistake again.

Just a heads up.
I'm really sorry that you have to go through this. I really hope that you get your deposit back and that you don't have to resort to lawyers getting involved just to get it back. Keep us posted!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #354
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Just a heads up.
That's beyond just being a shitty dealer. Added to the list, I would also recommend making a post about them in your corresponding regional subforum.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #355
Jayde

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
That's beyond just being a shitty dealer. Added to the list, I would also recommend making a post about them in your corresponding regional subforum.

Also, I'd contact Subaru of America, if you haven't already.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #356
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:

Just a heads up.
If it does not say "by certificate" on your receipt, I'd just call your credit card company and have them deal with it since you used a card for the down payment. You should be able to dispute it through them with the receipt.
Dadhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #357
Mike Sino

Drives: 13' Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
unless the transaction is unauthorized the bank/credit card company will not refund you the transaction. even if you say it is unauthorized they will still find out it was.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #358
DantKR

Drives: Subaru BRZ LT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
You can get a refund if you don't get the item that you were charged for.
DantKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #359
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Here's the paperwork. Excuse the crappy cell camera
Attached Images