follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #379
sbxjap

Drives: '95 Honda Civic HB/'13 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Subaru of Cherry Hill

I received the call yesterday. So after work I headed there see the car I ordered, SWP Limited manual trans.

Dealer told me to test drive it, so I did. Came back pretty satisfied. But when I came in to talk about price, it was a $5k mark up.

At the time of preorder, he told me there may be a mark up, but that it's set by SOA.... Of course I knew that was bullshit, so I emailed other dealers to see what they said. They all told me MSRP. So I emailed my dealer and told him that. He told me he was just warning me and that it was his dealerships policy to not be beaten in price and to price match. This was in March.

So yesterday I brought up other dealers locally were not marking up. He said that they all were. Well, since my info wasn't up to date, I didn't argue. I let him talk and try to sell me. Eh, no good. He even tried to sell me and Impreza and Legacy.

On ride home, I called 3 local dealers.... 2 said no mark up but wouldn't get trim I wanted until at least Sept. 1 dealer told me they would mark up $1000 depending on how popular the trim I wanted. BUT he said he could do MSRP on a "grey" one they had coming this week that someone back out of.

So the salesman at Subaru of Cherry Hill straight up lied to me. Nice. He can suck it....

I tried calling them on the road yesterday after my other calls, but he was busy with other customers. I talked to someone else and told them what I did. He asked if I was still interested.... Really now? He then asked what would it take me to buy the car.... Geniuses, I tell you. He said he would have my original salesman call me back. No call.

Update
So after ranking on here and on Facebook, I got a call this morning. The owner called me an apologize for the trouble. He said if he were there, this wouldn't have been an issue. The finance guy took off that day too, so that was messed up.

The owner called me in, knocked off the $5k markup, and gave me discount off stuff.

So got my SWP BRZ and took right back to work, lol....

Last edited by sbxjap; 06-26-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: They called me back!
sbxjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #380
Blypr

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I sort of want to add Maxwell Subaru in Burlington NC to this list.

On the dealer inventory page they list a silver limited MT that I really want and say they're selling for list, but upon talking to them it's apparently the dealers car and he doesn't want to sell it.

They told me to come in anyway, they initially said it had 1000 miles on it, but it had just under 2k miles on it and I offered list as I would be getting essentially a used car. They gave me an incredibly low ball offer on my trade in and then said that he didn't want to sell it.

Why make me drive 45 mins out of my way for that?
Blypr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #381
Scoobert

Drives: 2015 Subaru Sti
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just got an email from Subaru of Port Richey in Florida:

" I wanted to get out an email to you, to let you know the management has readjusted the pricing on our BRZ inventory, to reflect an average market adjustment for our selling area. I have the following BRZ available for immediate delivery.

Blue Limited w/automatic transmission $32,288.00
Black Premium w/manual transmission $30,807.00
Silver Premium w/manual transmission $28,807.00"

Pretty sure the black one is a Limited. Still wouldn't buy from them though. I had to call them delusional before that "price drop" just happened.

Don't bother negotiating either. Was already told cars would NOT be sold for MSRP.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2
Scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #382
oldnumber7

Drives: fr-s
fun fact Jack Fitzgerald will ask you to speed if you're his driver and he'll pay for all your tickets. I dont work for him but my friends do.

i dont suggest subaru dealerships at cherry hill, rockville, gaithersburg md. i ended up with the fr-s at 355 toyota because they didnt give me a run around.

Last edited by oldnumber7; 07-15-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: grammar
oldnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #383
tomato86

Drives: '13 FR-S | '08 Evo [Sold]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnumber7 View Post
fun fact Jack Fitzgerald will ask you to speed if you're his driver and he'll pay for all your tickets. I dont work for him but my friends do.

i dont suggest subaru dealerships at cherry hill, rockville, gaithersburg md. i ended up with the fr-s at 355 toyota because they didnt give me a run around.
What? That's like every Subaru dealer close to me. You'll have to elaborate.
tomato86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #384
tjoy

Drives: BRZ
Watch out for:
Olathe Subaru
505 South Fir
Olathe, KS 66061

They advertise one price on Autotrader and then after they get you talking non-refundable deposit up the price 3k.

I have to admit, I'm a bit ticked off. Wife just agreed to let me buy it after a week of bugging her. Then they go all baitey switchey.

I work for an airline, so I can fly anywhere standby for dirt cheap. I was going to fly to Kansas City, pick up my new dream, and have fun driving it back down south a ways for its break in. Pffft.

Last edited by tjoy; 07-29-2012 at 12:11 AM.
tjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #385
Jay Grey

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited DGM MT
Garage
Got a call again from Lester Glenn Subaru in Toms River, NJ that a Silver BRZ Limited came in, told him over the phone there better not be a A.M.V(Adjusted Market Value) sticker on it when I get there. Guy told me no, I was excited so I went to see it even though I specifically said I wanted a DGM Limited. Got there told him to grab the keys & sure enough there was a A.M.V. sticker on it. I was like WTF!!! He said they decided to put it on there. I asked him what can I get for my 06 TC, got $5,100 on trade value. Not bad! I told him that A.M.V. is bothering me & the only reason I will not be purchasing a vehicle until that ish is off. He said the manager wouldn't take it off cuz the car is very rare right now. I told him I'm not in no rush & I'm not a fool to pay over MSRP for the vehicle, especially its not a DGM anyway. I'm not in no rush to buy the BRZ, Im looking to buy a house first. BRZ can come later when I get that extra garage to put it in. There's nothing wrong with my TC & its been great to me, so no sense of getting rid of it now. So looks like my BRZ purchase will have to wait till next year around June as a B-Day gift to myself.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #386
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Grey View Post
So looks like my BRZ purchase will have to wait till next year around June as a B-Day gift to myself.
If you're willing to drive to Stamford, looks like they got a DGM Limited coming in. I know that at least one other New England dealer had their allocation arrive at port today (mine's on it) so there's a good chance that Stamford's DGM will be arriving within 5-10 days. Might be worth giving them a call to find out.

http://www.stamfordsubaru.com/new/Su...3e9db2c8fd.htm
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #387
by-tor

Drives: 2004 wrx
Huge Markup at Oakland Subaru

Hello! New here. I went in to chat with Oakland Subaru about the new BRZ. They said they had 2 coming in in the next few weeks that were pre-ordered and would take my name and call me if the people backed out. I asked what they were selling them at. He said 7,500 over MSRP but they would do it for 5,000 over. I left.
by-tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #388
guarapo

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S
Just wanted to add West Houston Subaru to this list. I initially sent them an email since I read there were a couple of people that were able to buy at MSRP. Then on saturday they sent me an email offering a Premium BRZ for 28,265. I just called one of the Internet Sales Managers (lol), name was Vince, and he confirmed they are now putting a 2,000 mark up on the car. When I asked if placing an order would make any difference in price he said they are not even taking orders since they cannot even keep the car for long.....
guarapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #389
nyeguy1138

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Lim 6MT
Went to Bob Moore Subaru in OK last month when I saw an LR Limited on their lot (awesome color in person). Sat in the car, then decided to talk to the manager about putting an order in for a WRB Limited. They said they didn't/weren't taking orders because they couldn't give ETAs for delivery (okay...). He showed me the list of what they preordered for the year, and since I missed out on the WRB they had, I started talking about pricing for a different color. The salesman wasn't too keen on talking price, just kept mentioning they were hard to get...

Long story short, went and looked at the dealer sticker addendum since I didn't when I was sitting in the car. It appears they are selling limited's w/ the rear diffuser, window tint, a $1250 clear bra (front bumper, 1/4 hood, behind the doors is all i saw)...on top of a $5k markup. Next day ordered what I wanted for MSRP from another dealer; now I just have to wait until December...
nyeguy1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #390
alan329

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabdala View Post
I am reposting this as Bertera Subaru of Hartford told me that if I removed my post then maybe they would "consider" returning my deposit.

Because of my new job and the restricted salary for the first 12 weeks I will not be able to afford a BRZ at this time. On April 30th I put a downpayment for a BRZ at Bertera Subie of Hartford and made sure it was written on their copy and mine "Deposit refundable."

So today they called. They asked if I could pick it up Saturday. I let them know things haven't changed with work and I need to come in for a refund on my credit card.

They told me they would not do that. They are bullying me on the phone telling me my only option is to buy the BRZ or they will use my $1000 towards a car in the future when I'm ready. I told them my paperwork clearly shows that it is refunable. And they said "Yeah refundable by a $1000 certificate you can use next time you pick up your car."

They wouldn't even act professionally. They told me this with anger. They would not listen to me even though I told them what the law states and told them in their own handwriting it says refundable.

I think they are assuming I'll take the hit because I don't want to hire a lawyer and I won't want to do business with them again so I'll let them keep the $1000. Well let's just say I have a couple lawyers on it now.

I wish I had checked out their Better Business Bureau rating and ratings on google before going there. They are notorious for this and hidden fees which is crazy considering they're the #3 largest Subie dealer in NE. I was so excited to put a downpayment on the car that I felt I needed to rush ASAP so I could get one earlier in the year. Well there's plenty in my area. I won't make that mistake again.

Just a heads up.

I put a $500 deposit down with them, Bertera says they refunded it, but never did. VISA is working on it now. This is a huge advantage to using credit cards.
alan329 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alan329 For This Useful Post:
ngabdala (08-09-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #391
Spartan65
USMC Veteran Semper Fi

Drives: 2010 WR Blue STi
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I dodged the deposit from both Premier Motor Cars in Santa Fe (BR-Z), and Beaver Toyota of Santa Fe (FR-S)
The reason PMC (BR-Z) should be black listed is their Used car manager. He sold me a 2006 WRX Wagon with 16K.

Very Clean car, he said it came from some Anal Retentive customer that upgraded to a STi, that should have been a notification of things to come. I wanted the car and the price was right for how clean and well kept that it was. The car fax was good, the previous customer milked PMC for a set of brakes at 12k. That was in 09. So as time passed I lowered it with an Eibach Pro-Kit installed by an ASE certified mechanic and not the dealer. I also installed a Tomei Un-Equal header and a Tanabe Medallion Concept G full Exhaust. I took it to PMC and he offered to buy it back and the offer was fair then. I told him when the BR-Z came out we had a deal. It has a Pro-Tune and a Cobb AP with a E-85 tune backup tune for when I empty all the fuel out and take it to Sandia Motor Speedway. I was set to get a BR-Z as far as I remember. when the first one came in an Ashphalt AT I hit him up, He blew me off with this statement " I'll never buy a used car with black wheels."

I went buy his work to talk to the GM and showed him this.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #392
#3onthelist

Drives: subaru brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashed View Post
I'm currently in the process of purchasing a BRZ through Subaru of Las Vegas and before I went there I went online and locked in the internet price (MSRP) and then when I went there they are saying that there is a 2100 dollar required package that comes with the car. It's a 2 yr/24k mile additional service package that covers all things not covered by the standard warranties (i.e. fluids brake checks tire rotations, and includes window tint, and pulse breaking system) How should I get them to drop this. It seems like their way of just marking up the price tag
The 2 yr/ 24k package is included with all purchased subaru vehicles, free. They are pulling some bullshit on you. Go in there and shop for another vehicle (WRX Forester etc) and ask them about their warranties that are included standard with their vehicles. Once they describe how it is free with all vehicles, then bring up the BRZ. Do not let them know that you are interested in the BRZ right off. Get the information that is free with all vehicles so you are prepared at the negotiation time.

Last edited by #3onthelist; 08-10-2012 at 03:15 PM.
#3onthelist is offline   Reply With Quote