follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 07-10-2017, 06:36 PM   #1
Koji_Online
N7 Spectre

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 (Ablaze - 6MT)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Arrow Koji's journal - 2017 Toyota 86 (Ablaze)

Heya! xD

It's been a long time since the beginning of this forum; while I haven't been active thru the years, I've been keeping up with the news and updates everyone else has been posting. So thank you! haha

New year, new car, new journal: I figure this is my best shot to keep track of my new 2017 in an organized place, so here goes!

Previous: 2013 FR-S - Took delivery May 2012 as one of the first (second? xD) here in LV; I entered for the 'First 86' contest, but lost that lottery to a friend, who eventually traded in hers for an S2k lol.

Now: 2017 86 - ever since debut I've loved all the updates to the 2017; exterior & interior styling, smaller steering wheel, more + linear power curve, final drive, revised suspension + strengthened chassis points;
I had all 1st year problems except for body panel gap & a blown motor due to random sensor malfunctions LOL
I've had fishbowls, crickets, ecu swaps, fuel pump swaps, recently changing a failed throwout bearing (5 years + 81k, changed it out, then a week after Toyota announces a new throwout bearing for 2013-2016... seriously?? haha)

Everything with this upgrade has exceeded my expectations; keeping in mind that the FR-S was my dream car, and I said I would never trade... except for an UPDATED version of my dream car xD

Keeping this journal short with more photos than words; here's a roadmap list, some photos going from previous to now, and I will always reserve/ update the first two photos to the current version of my 86

Thx for reading!

Project 86
  • DONE! Personality and style: Tint (Llumar front to back Air80/CTX35/CTX15/CTX5), TRD seatbelt pads, TRD red sound generator (laugh if you want, but this thing sounds Epic lol), JDM clear markers, BRZ hand brake boot, Matte black rear emblem
  • NEXT! TRD usa 18 wheels
  • TRD lowering springs, OEM camber bolts
  • TRD front fender aero fins, TRD rear side spoilers
  • SARD style rear wing
  • TRD dual exhaust
  • Cusco front strut tower bar
  • TRD racing bucket seat (driver)
  • Audio head unit upgrade
  • TRD short throw shifter, TRD shift knob, Cusco motor mounts + trans mount collar + diff bushing inserts
  • TRD sway bars, OEM aero under panels
  • Cusco full underbody bracing

As of this initial post, I haven't taken the 2 current shots - in the meantime here's the previous to now shots.
Moar coming later tonight... probably =P

Last edited by Koji_Online; 08-25-2017 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Updates! =p
Koji_Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:36 PM   #2
tomato860

Drives: '17 860 Special Edition in Orange
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Congrats man! I almost bought a Ablaze 86 just like yours until I found the 860 I ended up with!

My Build and Photography on Instagram!
@tomato860 and @carsofplano
tomato860 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomato860 For This Useful Post:
Koji_Online (07-10-2017)