follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
mickey177

Drives: Whiteout AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Brief thoughts on my new FR-S

So after waiting patiently for a whole 13 days after the June 1st release date I received the keys to my Whiteout AT on Tuesday. I basically spent the whole previous month checking autotrader and this forum on leads on where there is one available. I think I checked about every 45 mins to an hour every day. The only time I didn't check was while I was sleeping. Ended up driving 177 miles out of town to purchase my FR-S. I actually got excellent service from the dealership. But I am glad I was able to get my FR-S and paid the MSRP.Got the Toyota Care waranty for $895(only because they will buy down my interest rate .5% if I bought it). I really didnt want it.But it was $10 lower monthly payment if I got it.

After 2 days of driving I now have about 350 miles on the odometer. I love it. But keep staring at the middle marker right under the windshield and can not figure out how that little piece of plastic can help me get more joy out of this car. Can anyone tell me how I suppose to that thing to improve my driving experience? I think that was a complete marketing tool.

I have to admit I do enjoy seeing some people almost breaking their necks trying to get a second look at this car.
mickey177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
|-Goku-|

Drives: 2011 Civic Si
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey177 View Post
I have to admit I do enjoy seeing some people almost breaking their necks trying to get a second look at this car.
I can't wait for this!
|-Goku-| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
86boyAF1

Drives: 1JZ-GTE Toyota Mark II, Toyota bB
The only way that is worth it is if you actually use the warranty or plan on making 90 monthly payments.
86boyAF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
mickey177

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86boyAF1 View Post
The only way that is worth it is if you actually use the warranty or plan on making 90 monthly payments.
Well actually I was trying into log on to TFS website today to screw them out of some interest by paying my first 2 car payments.But apparently I cant because I don't even have an account number and my down payment check hasn't even been withdrawn from my account. I am not really planning on following the payment plan. I got 60 month just to keep my monthly payments low enough that even if I was ever out of work i can still pay for it with an unemployment check. But gonna try my very best to pay it off within 2 years or less. Gonna call them next week to see if i can get an account number.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #5
Figgy

Drives: Subaru BRZ
I just recently financed a car with TFS. They'll send you a welcome letter with your account number before your first bill. If you can't wait, then definitely call them and ask for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey177 View Post
Well actually I was trying into log on to TFS website today to screw them out of some interest by paying my first 2 car payments.But apparently I cant because I don't even have an account number and my down payment check hasn't even been withdrawn from my account. I am not really planning on following the payment plan. I got 60 month just to keep my monthly payments low enough that even if I was ever out of work i can still pay for it with an unemployment check. But gonna try my very best to pay it off within 2 years or less. Gonna call them next week to see if i can get an account number.
Figgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
That "middle marker" you are referring to is a reference point. It marks the center of the car so you can line it up better on the road (more useful for the track). This is also the same reason for the flared wheel arches, they help you hit the apex of a turn easier.
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
mickey177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagaliscious View Post
That "middle marker" you are referring to is a reference point. It marks the center of the car so you can line it up better on the road (more useful for the track). This is also the same reason for the flared wheel arches, they help you hit the apex of a turn easier.
Yes.I can see how the wheel arches are useful.but the middle marker is not because i need to lean over to the middle of the car to see how to line up my car. Because from the driver side view you cant really see how it can line up. And if i need to figure out how to go straightfoward then I have big problems and need to retake drivers ed 101.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:25 AM   #8
Liquidsnake

Drives: "I drives like a Porsche"
Today I followed my GF to drop her car off for service. I parked and went inside with her to get her car straightened out. I look outside and every salesmen at the dealership went outside taking pictures and gawking over my car. Felt good.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:37 AM   #9
FT86R

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
every time i get on the forum i become more and more happy and waiting for my white out m/t fr-s right not i driving a loaner prius until my fr-s comes in
92 k24 accord
13 scion fr-s
FT86R is offline   Reply With Quote