follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 02-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #71
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilso View Post
I can't remember, but are you running stock suspension?
In that video he was only running camber adjusting parts and factory shocks/springs. In his last video, he upgraded to Ohlins coilovers and got a new OEM rear camber arm in the process.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #72
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by normancw View Post
@Dezoris

Thank you so much for all of your excellent videos. I'm looking for a reliable, conservatively tuned SC kit for tracking (in 30 minute on, 30 minute off sessions). Now that there are more SC options available (intercooled Innovate, Jackson Racing, Kraftwerks), from your experience, would you still go with the Vortech?
Vortech just works. Easy to tune. if I had to re choose an SC it would be Vortech again.
Keep an eye on CSGMikes JSC kit testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
In that video he was only running camber adjusting parts and factory shocks/springs. In his last video, he upgraded to Ohlins coilovers and got a new OEM rear camber arm in the process.
yep track test on stock suspension with front a rear camber correction.
Ohlins tests are this year.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:56 AM   #73
Coheed

Drives: DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Love everything you've done with the car. All the right parts. I'm toying with the idea to go for the Vortech, but where I live it gets below 0*F in the winter, and I drive it daily.

STS is close by and they have developed a kit for a rear-mount turbo setup. Might be worth a shot if Vortech doesn't work out so well for the cold.
Coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #74
ToyoburuBRZ

Drives: Black BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Hey @Dezoris! I have been following your build from the beginning and have enjoyed it all... especially the videos.

I am considering going supercharged in the future and after just re-reading your first post here, I am wondering why you say tuning the innovative twin screw supercharger would be harder than the vortech kit? I believe you are saying that the twin-screw system does not deliver linear power. I was always under the impression that all superchargers do this.

I am currently leaning towards shiv's OFT300 kit which uses the vortech system but the innovative kit is still in the back of my mind.

Can you please enlighten me here?

Thanks
ToyoburuBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #75
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoburuBRZ View Post
Hey @Dezoris! I have been following your build from the beginning and have enjoyed it all... especially the videos.

I am considering going supercharged in the future and after just re-reading your first post here, I am wondering why you say tuning the innovative twin screw supercharger would be harder than the vortech kit? I believe you are saying that the twin-screw system does not deliver linear power. I was always under the impression that all superchargers do this.

I am currently leaning towards shiv's OFT300 kit which uses the vortech system but the innovative kit is still in the back of my mind.

Thanks

Plenty of things have changed with the Innovate kit now, more tuners have worked with it. Getting it tuned properly however was seemingly a lot of work. Delicious Tuning has spent almost all of his entire FI tuning time with this kit so its a much safer bet. But still plenty of tuners prefer other setups.

The Vortech kit is still one of the easiest to tune for. It just works, just have to watch the install and plan accordingly.
Also take a look at Mikecsg JRSC build.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #76
scraejtp

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoburuBRZ View Post

Thanks
I think the main hurdle with the innovate kit is that you don't have a proper IAT measurement. So instead assumptions are made on temperature based on load which won't be entirely accurate, especially once heat-soaked.
scraejtp is offline   Reply With Quote