follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 04-18-2019, 07:19 AM   #43
Twinz

Drives: 2016 FR-S MT, 2015 Scion FR-S AT,
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
In fact from 2012-2018 USA BRZ/FRS/86 sales totaled 110,386, Toyota Sienna and dodge caravan from same time frame totaled 1,723,975, you are 15.6times more likely to line up next to one of those two minivans real world compared to another BRZ/FRS/86.

After tracking cars, on courses where actually using the steering wheel is required to get good times, I have zero interest who I happen to "line up" next to.

Now, when someone revs at me at a light, they might as well be challenging me to a quilting contest.
Twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:49 AM   #44
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
After tracking cars, on courses where actually using the steering wheel is required to get good times, I have zero interest who I happen to "line up" next to.

Now, when someone revs at me at a light, they might as well be challenging me to a quilting contest.
Exactly, that's not what this car is for. It has slow acceleration in a straight line, especially if your not launching it or you already moving. One of the best looking, handling, feeling, driver oriented, and track oriented cars new from the factory for under 50k. Just not going to win any drag races against minivans at stop lights. And i am OK with that. I just don't live in a world of delusion trying to lie to myself or others looking at buying this car and claim this car has fast acceleration in stock form, but it doesn't need to be. Its a beautiful blank canvas to create what you like. or its a cheap entry level track car that is good and ready to go from the factory.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:59 PM   #45
MrBlah

Drives: R53 mini
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I HPDE a r53, really fun track & autocross car. Really bad daily driver the short wheelbase gets old. Mine has been very reliable I have yet to have a significant failure, I've owned a few minis now, I have a r53 jcw too that was my STX autocross car and I daily it once a week or so. I've owned 30+ bmw including m3s, 135i and currently a 335i on meth.

I'm keeping my r53 but also picking up a twin (with boost) to replace my 335i, I want something lighter that can do both hpde and drive to work.

the r53 is incredibly fun to backroad, the supercharger and short wheelbase they earn that gocart reputation
MrBlah is offline   Reply With Quote