follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #15
StOpNG0x

Drives: Firestorm MT FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris's fr-s View Post
Let us know when you do contact them
Will do.
StOpNG0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StOpNG0x View Post
I also bought the maintenance warranty at my dealership for an additional 3 years (since Toyota gives you the first 2 years free) and I was curious to know if my dealership would reject to change my oil at 1,000 miles as well... I haven't contacted them to ask yet, but now that I've heard someone already getting hassled about it I can prepare to fight back on the response I might get when I ask.

Random question, can we cancel the maintainence warranties we bought? I honestly didn't read into any cancellation terms when I purchased it but it would be nice to know you can cancel it if I'm given any shit for asking if an oil changed can be performed at 1,000 miles.

Dealerships are pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigh-on-Rice View Post
Is it 5000 miles interval or 7500 miles interval? I believe the dealership told me it's 7500 miles interval. BTW, I'm one of those who doesn't do early oil change.
i'm with you! it's un necessary at 1000 miles!.you are runnin' synthetic from the factory,and if you allow it to go to 7,500 miles,you will be able to get all the shavings out of the engine,THEN have it changed! just sayin'
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #17
31katys

Drives: whiteout mt fr-s
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris's fr-s View Post
So heres my problem, ive read alot on here about people getting there oil changed at 1000 miles and finding metal flakes in their oil, so I called my delarship to see if I could get them to change it for me because I bought a 6 year 120,000 mile warranty and I figured why not let them change it for free , before I change it myself and invalidate my warranty.

So this service manager begins to explain how I would have to pay for the oil change because they can only change it every 6 mo/5,000mil, wich I would of been fine with paying, but then he goes on to tell me that if I read about the 1000mile oil problems on this forum they are total b.s. and its some pissed off guy who hates toyota or some s**t, he proceeds to tell me he isnt going to change it because its unnecessary and that ended our conversation.

So my question is should I just go ahead and change my oil my self and cancel this extended warranty ( maybe request my money backon the warranty) because there is a 1,000 mile problem or just ride out till I hit 5,000?
I had the same problem at my local dealership! I brought it in after missing the first appointment scheduled when I bought the car. 20 minutes after I left the dealership they called and told me I wasn't due for another 5k and that they had taken my car out of line. I was so angry! I came all the way there only for you to 1. Let me leave for 20 minutes before you tell me it isn't time for the LOF and 2. Take my car out of line before even asking me if I still want to do it!
31katys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #18
CircuitJerk
Pull my finger...

Drives: Silver Scion Slushbox
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawheed View Post
Just buy a factory filter?
^This
Just go to any Subaru dealer and grab a few filters with the crush washer.
My local dealer includes them with the filter.
Change the oil yourself or have someone else do it. And I'll repeat what's already been said. You will not void your warranty. Don't bother with the log book. Just time it so you can have the dealer change the oil and mark your log if it means that much to you.
CircuitJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #19
terrypm
First86 & burning gas!!

Drives: Asphalt 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I had may dealer change mine at 3,000 miles only after going several rounds with him. I wanted the peace of mind that it was done. I posted my ordeal several months ago.