follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #43
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 17,539
Thanks: 5,080
Thanked 13,060 Times in 6,061 Posts
Mentioned: 529 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type[R]+ View Post
And WRC nothing in common with street cars? Seriously?
Hm... stock bulb STI engine layout


WRC bulb STI engine layout.


Hm... where's common thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Type[R
BTW Evo 4-9 came with anti-lag. I think you guys must have missed out lol!
I know for the fact that, Evo 4~9 never came w anti-lag system... unless you're trolling
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #44
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku
 
Dimman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Location: Greater Vancouver (New West)
Posts: 6,854
Thanks: 2,396
Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Anti lag, or Variable Entry turbo?

I've never heard of a factory car with anti-lag...

Also which system of anti-lag? Ignition trickery, or turbine fuel spray?
__________________


Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #45
Type[R]+
Senior Member
 
Type[R]+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Drives: Lexus IS-F
Location: Australia
Posts: 528
Thanks: 26
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
I know for the fact that, Evo 4~9 never came w anti-lag system... unless you're trolling
Well you better check your facts.

Have you ever heard of secondary air system?

We even got the ST205 GT-4 Celica here that had a disabled antilag.
Type[R]+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #46
Type[R]+
Senior Member
 
Type[R]+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Drives: Lexus IS-F
Location: Australia
Posts: 528
Thanks: 26
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Hm... where's common thing?
Seriously? Is that your argument that WRC cars have nothing to do with street cars?
Type[R]+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #47
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku
 
Dimman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Location: Greater Vancouver (New West)
Posts: 6,854
Thanks: 2,396
Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type[R]+ View Post
Well you better check your facts.

Have you ever heard of secondary air system?

We even got the ST205 GT-4 Celica here that had a disabled antilag.
Bypass valve boost is routed to the turbine hot side, ignition is cut, and/or extra fuel is dumped on trailing or closed throttle and the thing lights up like a gas turbine, keeping the turbo spooled. Something like that...

I've heard of it, but never on a street car.
__________________


Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #48
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku
 
Dimman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Location: Greater Vancouver (New West)
Posts: 6,854
Thanks: 2,396
Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
You sure those aren't factory 'back-door' rally-prepped cars that made it to Oz via the grey market?
__________________


Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #49
Type[R]+
Senior Member
 
Type[R]+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Drives: Lexus IS-F
Location: Australia
Posts: 528
Thanks: 26
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
You sure those aren't factory 'back-door' rally-prepped cars that made it to Oz via the grey market?
nah, we got JDM here. I think even the evo X got antilag?
Type[R]+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #50
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku
 
Dimman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Location: Greater Vancouver (New West)
Posts: 6,854
Thanks: 2,396
Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type[R]+ View Post
nah, we got JDM here. I think even the evo X got antilag?
Looking into it a bit, it seems it wasn't all of the cars that got it, but certain limited editions (with the Celica that is the case for sure, only 2500 got it). They built the amount that they needed to sell to homologate the system for the WRC, then stopped.
__________________


Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #51
Random_Art
professional smartass
 
Random_Art's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Drives: 16 speed mountain bike...
Location: Georgia
Posts: 659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I seem to remember an Evo in Initial-D having an Antilag set up... But, I hope that's not what you're going off of for y'all's information.
__________________

Goodbye Celica, you served me well.

http://artsofrandomness.blogspot.com/
Random_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #52
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku
 
Dimman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Location: Greater Vancouver (New West)
Posts: 6,854
Thanks: 2,396
Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Art View Post
I seem to remember an Evo in Initial-D having an Antilag set up... But, I hope that's not what you're going off of for y'all's information.
Checking DSM forums and it seems legit. The hot setup for US guys seems to be importing the twin-scroll SAS (antilag) motors.
__________________


Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #53
Type[R]+
Senior Member
 
Type[R]+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Drives: Lexus IS-F
Location: Australia
Posts: 528
Thanks: 26
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Art View Post
I seem to remember an Evo in Initial-D having an Antilag set up... But, I hope that's not what you're going off of for y'all's information.
Initial D rocks!
Type[R]+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #54
Type[R]+
Senior Member
 
Type[R]+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Drives: Lexus IS-F
Location: Australia
Posts: 528
Thanks: 26
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Checking DSM forums and it seems legit. The hot setup for US guys seems to be importing the twin-scroll SAS (antilag) motors.
Type[R]+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #55
Type[R]+
Senior Member
 
Type[R]+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Drives: Lexus IS-F
Location: Australia
Posts: 528
Thanks: 26
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
You sure those aren't factory 'back-door' rally-prepped cars that made it to Oz via the grey market?
On a side note, look what we get in Australia!

http://www.tmraustralia.com.au/ :happy0180:
Type[R]+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #56
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku
 
Dimman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Location: Greater Vancouver (New West)
Posts: 6,854
Thanks: 2,396
Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I'd love to see the look on a CARB official's face when they have that system explained to them... lol
__________________


Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Initial D cyde01 Off-Topic Lounge 122 11-21-2012 02:05 AM
Panda FT-86 Initial D style andyroo Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 28 03-13-2011 02:38 AM
Rumor of the day Kids Heart Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 12 01-18-2011 10:09 AM
Ae86 roll cage in initial d? CyberFormula Off-Topic Lounge 8 03-14-2010 12:23 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.