follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 03-24-2014, 11:58 AM   #29
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashal View Post
Where are you located?
I creeped on your facebook page and noticed you have like 20 sets of these things FRS/BRZ's?
My guess is he is a French Canadian because his English seems a little poor in most of his posts. Not sure why 5, 9, and 10 in his list lost the period. Here is my favorite line:

Quote:
I understand that alot of guys here never heard of us so, I'm just here to point out the RR350 a few other different things than the others.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:23 AM   #30
hexonracing

Drives: FR-S HEXON RR350
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashal View Post
Where are you located?
I creeped on your facebook page and noticed you have like 20 sets of these things FRS/BRZ's?
Our Canadian service location is in Woodbridge, Ontario.
hexonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:01 AM   #31
mswhong

Drives: FT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexonracing View Post
371HP that's the horsepower at crank with TCF 1.15 on dynapack so, it will be 322WHP.
Ah, that makes much more sense now, cheers!
mswhong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mswhong For This Useful Post:
scionfr_s (06-09-2014)
Old 03-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #32
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
My guess is he is a French Canadian because his English seems a little poor in most of his posts. Not sure why 5, 9, and 10 in his list lost the period. Here is my favorite line:
Most of his posts sound like they came through a translator. I frequently use them for both French and Spanish and they almost always sound stilted in English.
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #33
hexonracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post
Most of his posts sound like they came through a translator. I frequently use them for both French and Spanish and they almost always sound stilted in English.
I tried my best !!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hexonracing For This Useful Post:
OjiGeorge (03-26-2014), Sportsguy83 (03-26-2014)
Old 03-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #34
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse@JDLAutodesign View Post
No experience with the kit however their part about the billet wheel is rather humorous.
I'm not a machinist, metallurgist, or expert in turbocharger design, so please share the joke with the rest of us.
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mid_life_crisis For This Useful Post:
B-R-Z (03-26-2014), Travisty75 (03-26-2014)
Old 03-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #35
Travisty75

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post
I'm not a machinist, metallurgist, or expert in turbocharger design, so please share the joke with the rest of us.
From my small amount of knowledge on the matter, you can't have a piece be both forged and billet.

Billet is just a type of product. It usually describes something coming from one piece, machined as a whole, instead of being part of an assembly/multiple pieces.

Forging is the process of, for lack of better terminology, packing material in on itself to make the unit be stronger. I don't want to clutter this thread with the process, but I suggest anyone with a couple minutes to kill, watch a foundry forge a bar of steel as it's very impressive and the video depicts the procedure very well. Basically, forging stuffs 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag.
Travisty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:15 AM   #36
PineappleFriedRice
Truuu

Drives: 2013 FRS, 88 EF Civic, 05 Matrix
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
@hexonracing, pm sent!

GARRET .60 TRIM-UEL HEADERS-1150cc INJECTORS-DW FUEL PUMP-RACESENG CAM PLATE-PERRIN 3" CATBACK-ULTIMATE RACING 2.75 OP/FP-FBM CATCHCAN-SINGER 275AMP ALTERNATOR-MEGAN TRACK COILS-MEGAN F/R STRUTBARS-AXLE EXCHANGE ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT-ACT 6 PUCK-ANARCHY MOTIVE SHIFTKNOB-XXR 535-HANKOOK VENTUS EVO V2-CS LIP KIT
Build Thread - FA20FAIL Archive
PineappleFriedRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #37
hexonracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisty75 View Post
From my small amount of knowledge on the matter, you can't have a piece be both forged and billet.

Billet is just a type of product. It usually describes something coming from one piece, machined as a whole, instead of being part of an assembly/multiple pieces.

Forging is the process of, for lack of better terminology, packing material in on itself to make the unit be stronger. I don't want to clutter this thread with the process, but I suggest anyone with a couple minutes to kill, watch a foundry forge a bar of steel as it's very impressive and the video depicts the procedure very well. Basically, forging stuffs 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag.
I am really glad that this topic is brought up. I will try to explain with my little knowledge and insufficient English skill.

Here is a little more detail about our compressor wheel.
The material that we used is called Aluminium 7075 with T6 temper.The T6 temper is Homogeneizing the cast 7075 at 450C for several hours, and then ageing at 120C for 24 hours.
(from wiki). It's an ideal material for aerospace structures, gears and shafts and missile parts with a characteristic, high strength and moderate toughness and corrosion resistance.

Billet is a block that is cast as a square or a bar and milled under a high temperature to the exact dimensions desired.
The billet can be drop forged or Open-die drop forged to increase its strength or through other methods of forging.

Video Reference
It's a video of Open-die drop forging process from a billet (bar)
http://www.anchorharvey.com/7075_aluminum.html

It's a video of drop forging process from a billet.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ndnUVdawQ"]Forging 4" billet - YouTube[/ame]

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to hexonracing For This Useful Post:
Travisty75 (03-27-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #38
leapoffaith_initial-d_frs

Drives: Scion frs raven black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The kit looks amazing

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk
leapoffaith_initial-d_frs is offline   Reply With Quote