follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 02-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #113
bjun

Drives: white premium brz M/T
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh man that's horrible. I've seen some of their works, pictures of their welding, it looked like some kid was messing with the torch honestly.
bjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #114
ciro

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I feel your pain I to have been in this situation. I hope you are going to get it fixed it looks like some TLC should get it back and running. If I were you I would bring it back to stock and restart your turbo build.
ciro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ciro For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (02-23-2014)
Old 02-23-2014, 09:35 PM   #115
tg_1981

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I once had a Berk header for my S2000 that required similar fixes.

I emailed them with pics.. they sent a new one right away and told me to sell or throw away the first one instead of bothering to box it up. I gave it to someone to fix.

Oh that's right, FA20Club's customer service isn't good like that.....
Dave- Toni's been nothing but great to me. I am local and i have a good relationship with him. This pipe he sent was of no cost to me. Yes, the pipe did not fit. The quality of the welds on this overpipe/frontpipe combo are nice. Dave, I agree if I paid for this pipe I would expect him to resolve the issue but this was not the case.
Side note-
The weekend of the south florida meet he let James use the dyno at TR3 for no cost. He was also going to let Ironsquid on the dyno as well but it was a little bit too late since we had to drive back to Orlando that night.
He's not as bad as people make him out to be. He made some mistakes with his business and now he is dealing with the fallout.
tg_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tg_1981 For This Useful Post:
lbroskee (02-25-2014)
Old 02-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #116
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg_1981 View Post
Dave- Toni's been nothing but great to me. I am local and i have a good relationship with him. This pipe he sent was of no cost to me. Yes, the pipe did not fit. The quality of the welds on this overpipe/frontpipe combo are nice. Dave, I agree if I paid for this pipe I would expect him to resolve the issue but this was not the case.

Side note-

The weekend of the south florida meet he let James use the dyno at TR3 for no cost. He was also going to let Ironsquid on the dyno as well but it was a little bit too late since we had to drive back to Orlando that night.

He's not as bad as people make him out to be. He made some mistakes with his business and now he is dealing with the fallout.

But he's been making mistakes for the past few years with numerous platforms.

Sent from my IBrick
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:41 PM   #117
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Side note-
You are local. End of story. This isn't his first rodeo going down this path which is evident from his other ventures.

The one part I bought from him I didn't return only because I had delayed driving my car for a week while the intake was "in stock" and then only sorta in stock. It was sitting on a friends lift and I already made the oil cooler lines based on the intake design so I had to run it. The quality was shit and while he was nice about it I didn't want to wait another week or more for a better quality version.

The fact that he's done this with other businesses shows a history and trend. I don't feel sorry for the guy. He will deal with the fallout until he finds a new chassis to specialize in.

Oh and did he mention how he goes to other vendors facebook pages and advertises discounts for FA20Club on them? That's how all real businesses operate after all.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
OmarGC (02-24-2014)
Old 02-23-2014, 09:45 PM   #118
tg_1981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
You are local. End of story. This isn't his first rodeo going down this path which is evident from his other ventures.

The one part I bought from him I didn't return only because I had delayed driving my car for a week while the intake was "in stock" and then only sorta in stock. It was sitting on a friends lift and I already made the oil cooler lines based on the intake design so I had to run it. The quality was shit and while he was nice about it I didn't want to wait another week or more for a better quality version.

The fact that he's done this with other businesses shows a history and trend. I don't feel sorry for the guy. He will deal with the fallout until he finds a new chassis to specialize in.

Oh and did he mention how he goes to other vendors facebook pages and advertises discounts for FA20Club on them? That's how all real businesses operate after all.
I'm not advocating his business practices or saying he didn't mess up. I'm speaking about my experiences with him and the pipe that i received that was posted in this thread without all the details.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:48 PM   #119
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
I'm not advocating his business practices or saying he didn't mess up. I'm speaking about my experiences with him and the pipe that i received that was posted in this thread without all the details.

I honestly wish that he would have been able to grow his business and keep quality up. It would have been nice having a Florida shop making parts for the car and be within easy driving distance for tuning, etc.

Maybe he just needs to hire better people, or people at all, not sure but his continued trend of these problems are what destroys his businesses. Hopefully he will learn an important lesson this time and prevent these issues from occurring in the future.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #120
jamesm
Banned

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
@tg_1981 Toni did give me free dyno time, true. He did send you that pipe for free, also true. He's also sent free parts to other people I know of recently. It's a transparent attempt to buy support, and we should all be wise enough not to fall for it.

I tried hard to ignore the evidence. I really wanted to like Toni, because he really is a nice guy when you meet or talk to him. He seems genuine. The best con men usually do. But people who are just overwhelmed or who want to make right usually don't require a long string of busted up llc's and don't have the obvious rinse-and-repeat history of scamming other communities that he has. This is clearly a calculated move, and it's not his first rodeo.

I can't in good conscience defend him any longer, as much as I wish things had turned out differently. It's just all far too obvious at this point.

Even though we seem to be at odds lately (he's not my biggest fan, and I'm not his lol) I'd love for him to get it together, make a genuine change and make right by all those people out there that have been wronged in one way or another. The history wouldn't suggest that he has any interest in that. You know what they say about those who don't learn from history...
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jamesm For This Useful Post:
Ironsquid (02-24-2014), King Tut (02-24-2014), Lonewolf (02-24-2014), mad_sb (02-25-2014), raul (02-25-2014), SirBrass (02-24-2014), Sportsguy83 (02-24-2014)
Old 02-23-2014, 10:43 PM   #121
Bigmaxy

Drives: Pegasus GTS86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What happened to all the free detailing I kept reading about for the last year?
Bigmaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigmaxy For This Useful Post:
jamesm (02-24-2014)
Old 02-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #122
tg_1981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm View Post
@tg_1981 Toni did give me free dyno time, true. He did send you that pipe for free, also true. He's also sent free parts to other people I know of recently. It's a transparent attempt to buy support, and we should all be wise enough not to fall for it.

I tried hard to ignore the evidence. I really wanted to like Toni, because he really is a nice guy when you meet or talk to him. He seems genuine. The best con men usually do. But people who are just overwhelmed or who want to make right usually don't require a long string of busted up llc's and don't have the obvious rinse-and-repeat history of scamming other communities that he has. This is clearly a calculated move, and it's not his first rodeo.

I can't in good conscience defend him any longer, as much as I wish things had turned out differently. It's just all far too obvious at this point.

Even though we seem to be at odds lately (he's not my biggest fan, and I'm not his lol) I'd love for him to get it together, make a genuine change and make right by all those people out there that have been wronged in one way or another. The history wouldn't suggest that he has any interest in that. You know what they say about those who don't learn from history...
@jamesm My commenting on this thread was started by your post on the hack job we had to do to my pipe that Toni sent me. You just threw fuel to fire that was not needed. I don't discuss your personal information without your permission. I feel responsible to voice my dealings with FA20Club since that pipe was provided to me.

I agree time will tell. This forum is a strong tool and it can help shape up vendors. I'm hoping he's still reading the forum and decides to try to do right...
Old 02-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #123
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
@jamesm My commenting on this thread was started by your post on the hack job we had to do to my pipe that Toni sent me. You just threw fuel to fire that was not needed. I don't discuss your personal information without your permission. I feel responsible to voice my dealings with FA20Club since that pipe was provided to me.

I agree time will tell. This forum is a strong tool and it can help shape up vendors. I'm hoping he's still reading the forum and decides to try to do right...
First off, @jamesm didn't even say your name. You're the one who made it known. He didn't post *any* of your personal information. And "throwing fuel to the fire"? I'd say at this point it's not even about that, it's more supporting evidence for people to NEVER use his products again.

Second, the fact that you want him to redeem himself? How? Why? Honestly, fuck Toni. Do you want a guy that tunes/builds your car TO DRIVE ON A SUSPENDED LICENSE, let alone hack it up like this? It takes one fuckup for me to move my business to someone else and those reasons two are wayyyyyyyy past that point. There are tons of other businesses that have a reputation to uphold.
slicktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #124
Ironsquid
King of Kiwi Palace

Drives: Faster than you
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm happy with the finished product it worked with a little magic from @Ironsquid at kiwi garage customization. It sounds pretty bad ass and the power increase is amazing...9psi just turned into what 13-14psi feels like. @Ironsquid the genius...

I'm not a genious, I just don't like it when people have expectations of how they want their car to perform only to be held back by shotty engineering. You weren't leaving the garage without a throaty as fk 3 inch turbo back. Makes me feel good I made it happen. Same goes for Petey. Look how happy you guys are now. That's why I do it.

Didn't matter that it was FA20club, or perrin or AVO, I've seen bad engineering and quality on all fronts.

Out of all the vendors I've dealt with Full blown and FT86Speedfactory are the exceptions for quality and customer service. MAP is up there too, I've purchased with them before on my various DSMs.

I do think it's time to move on though. I've said my peace, others have too, more than needed.

And I'll continue to modify/fix/re-engineer parts for myself and my friends. Because I love doing it.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #125
jamesm
Banned

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:

sorry man... didn't mean to piss anyone off. fwiw though i didn't mention your name, you mentioned mine. in any case... i apologize if you were upset about it.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesm For This Useful Post:
slicktop (02-24-2014)
Old 02-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #126
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm View Post
sorry man... didn't mean to piss anyone off. fwiw though i didn't mention your name, you mentioned mine. in any case... i apologize if you were upset about it.
Nah, fuck that.
slicktop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slicktop For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (02-26-2014)

Tags
ban lexusb3, dude where's my clutch!!, fa20club, fa20crap, fashitstorm, goodguyprime, happy ending, i am sofa king we todd it, lexusb3 is toni, looks good!, shithappenscontinuously, stolen skid plates., toni, toniiswhack, unbelievable!