follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 01-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #1
JGalp

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom Audio Advice

Hey guys, i went to a local place that i like a lot and got an estimate on building a custom set up. i checked out OEM audio and Daniel is awesome and the system does sound great but that 8" sub even on robust setting is not enough bass for me =( i really wanted to like it but i just need more thump.

what I'm thinking about putting in are as follows:

JL audio 10" stealth box
the new AUDISON SR5 5 channel amplifier, (don't know exact model i know its a newer one retails for 799)
Hertz HSK165
all SCOSCHE OFC 4guarge amp kit and RCA's
CACHE LOC linedriver
and some hush mat

Anyone have the stealth box that can comment on the quality and crispness of the bass? the guy was telling me that its kicks and he could make a custom set up for me but that you can't beat the stealth box for the price (He's giving me a discount on that as well) he suggested i disconnect the rear speakers and bi-amplify my front speakers and run a NEX4300 or the 7000 so that i can "time adjust"? and he said that i will basically be a DSP for my car. (can anyone explain this?)

Also i was thinking about the hertz HSK165 2 way (or the 3 way) trying to decide which one i want. i was told that theres a high end brand called SINFONI (the speakers are ASSORTIO APPASIONOTO) he says those are the tits. and they are about 300 bucks on top of what i would pay for the hertz. which I'm thinking about but i can't find ANYTHING about them online. He said they are high end from italy they sell 6000 component speakers and amps but this is their entry level stuff but its great. Just wondering if anyone could drop thoughts about the things I'm getting in here.

its either that or i hit up daniel again and try listening to the system..i want to hear the SL series to see if that bumps harder..

Thanks y'all
JGalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #2
asnatlas

Drives: 2013 - BRZ - SWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am looking at an Audison system with a JL 10TW3 Stealthbox. Did you end up going with this setup and how do you like it ?
asnatlas is offline   Reply With Quote