follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 07-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
pgeist

Drives: 2013 Black BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dropping car off Friday for TSB service.. some questions

I scheduled a drop off on Friday to fix the condensation in my rear right tail lamp assembly.
12-131-12 : Condensation in Rear Combination Lamp

I also have the chirping pump, but it doesn't bother me so would just skipping this TSB hurt anything in the long run? I really don't feel like removing my Unichip because I know they would probably not replace the pump with it on.
09-54-12 : Chirping Noise from High Pressure Fuel Pump
09-54-12R : Chirping Noise from High Pressure Fuel Pump (Revised on

I'm going to also request that they do the below as well. Has anyone had success in a dealer performing the below TSB?
12-140-12 : Popping Sound from Trunk / Rear Shelf Area

TIA
Zeta Stage 2 Drop In + Red Silicone Tubing || Zeta SS Cat Back || DC Sports Cat-Delete Front Pipe || Torque Pro + MiniOBD Bluetooth || Fumoto F-108 Drain Valve || Konig Daylite Gold 17x7 +40 14.2lbs || Anarchy Motive Shift Knob
Future: Catted header, OEM Audio+
pgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Chirping fixes, based on what I've read thus far, isn't a conclusive solution. It seems that the sound comes back after a while anyway. I decided to just live with it as it seems to be a characteristic of the Direct Injection system.

I never had the popping noise from the rear shelf so I can't speak to that.

Other TSB's that have come out include updating the Headunit's GPS firmware/location and Updating the ECU to address some emissions/idle issues - depending on when you got your car, these might have already been addressed.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
supramkivtt2jz
PROUD OF BOXER

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeist View Post
I'm going to also request that they do the below as well. Has anyone had success in a dealer performing the below TSB?
12-140-12 : Popping Sound from Trunk / Rear Shelf Area

TIA
I have - i had it performed last week. Once the master tech verified it was those locations making the noise, he had the tech lube the area as per the Subaru TSB. He actually thanked me for providing it to them and made a note to the regional technical support regarding the popping.

I have put about 200 miles on the car since it was performed and have not had an issue.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
pgeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
Chirping fixes, based on what I've read thus far, isn't a conclusive solution. It seems that the sound comes back after a while anyway. I decided to just live with it as it seems to be a characteristic of the Direct Injection system.

I never had the popping noise from the rear shelf so I can't speak to that.

Other TSB's that have come out include updating the Headunit's GPS firmware/location and Updating the ECU to address some emissions/idle issues - depending on when you got your car, these might have already been addressed.
I am probably going to skip the chirping issue as it doesn't seem to be always fixed by the new pump and it honestly doesn't bother me.

I do have an occasional idle issue where it drops to about 500rpm but then corrects itself. Is this on any current TSB? I don't remember seeing anything official about the idle issue. What is the downside to just living with this issue?
Zeta Stage 2 Drop In + Red Silicone Tubing || Zeta SS Cat Back || DC Sports Cat-Delete Front Pipe || Torque Pro + MiniOBD Bluetooth || Fumoto F-108 Drain Valve || Konig Daylite Gold 17x7 +40 14.2lbs || Anarchy Motive Shift Knob
Old 07-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Garage
Quote:
I am probably going to skip the chirping issue as it doesn't seem to be always fixed by the new pump and it honestly doesn't bother me.

I do have an occasional idle issue where it drops to about 500rpm but then corrects itself. Is this on any current TSB? I don't remember seeing anything official about the idle issue. What is the downside to just living with this issue?
I heard that the Emissions ECU TSB addressed the idle as well - but that can also be addressed by a tune.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
pgeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
I heard that the Emissions ECU TSB addressed the idle as well - but that can also be addressed by a tune.
I installed a Unichip EMS a few days ago and my idle seems to be better, but I still get the random dip to 500rpm's maybe every third stop or so. It's kinda annoying but not anything I can't live with. It's never stalled. Do you know the TSB for this ECU update?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Garage
Quote:
I installed a Unichip EMS a few days ago and my idle seems to be better, but I still get the random dip to 500rpm's maybe every third stop or so. It's kinda annoying but not anything I can't live with. It's never stalled. Do you know the TSB for this ECU update?
Actually now that I research it, I can't see any evidence that this affects idle, but I thought there was a TSB that had that as a related item.

The Emissions TSB is WQC39