follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-16-2014, 12:51 AM   #29
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I laughed and thought of this thread
Attached Images

IntotheOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IntotheOcean For This Useful Post:
M-17 (02-17-2014), Missy (02-16-2014), wheelhaus (02-16-2014), WingsofWar (02-16-2014), Zaku (02-17-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 06:44 AM   #30
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheOcean View Post
Yes it does, someone I'm following on instagram just posted a pic of her son in the back with that car seat
You would be better off just removing the front passenger seat, you will not get a person in it with a rear facing seat behind it. With both of my kids in forward facing seats, I still can't get them both in the car and still have enough room to drive comfortably.

Congrats WoW!
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:07 AM   #31
Mobius357

Drives: '15 WRX '13 Legacy '07 Colorado
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Our rear facing Britax fits, but the passenger seat has to be all the way forward with the seatback straight up. A passenger can technically fit, but they won't be comfortable or safe that close to the airbag. For us, fitting the infant seat is just for emergencies when my wife is out with the Legacy. After the cars are paid off, I'll be replacing my truck with a crewcab.
Mobius357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #32
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
You would be better off just removing the front passenger seat, you will not get a person in it with a rear facing seat behind it. With both of my kids in forward facing seats, I still can't get them both in the car and still have enough room to drive comfortably.

Congrats WoW!
I can imagine that a rear facing seat wouldn't fit well and leave room for passengers, since the Graco infant seat we have squeezes into the Camry. If it were much larger I would be uncomfortably close to the steering wheel. But I had no problem at all putting my son's Recaro forward facing seat on the passenger side and then an adult sit behind me on the test drive, so I imagine another forward facing seat would fit fine behind me as well.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #33
Calum
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
I can imagine that a rear facing seat wouldn't fit well and leave room for passengers, since the Graco infant seat we have squeezes into the Camry. If it were much larger I would be uncomfortably close to the steering wheel. But I had no problem at all putting my son's Recaro forward facing seat on the passenger side and then an adult sit behind me on the test drive, so I imagine another forward facing seat would fit fine behind me as well.
There's maybe 3 inches between the back of my seat and the front of the back seat. Certainly not enough for some little feet. Maybe you sit closer to the wheel than I do.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #34
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
imo recent graco has got to be the worst on terms of fitment for any car. even my legacy seats are pushed foward due to the sheer length of the thing. i saw a rear facing baby seat fit the back seat of an rx7 once but i cant remember what the brand was.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #35
Calum
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
imo recent graco has got to be the worst on terms of fitment for any car. even my legacy seats are pushed foward due to the sheer length of the thing. i saw a rear facing baby seat fit the back seat of an rx7 once but i cant remember what the brand was.

Most likely it was a Britax. They make a model that is compact, VERY nice seat. We used one for a while until our youngest grew out of it. I'd highly recommend.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:51 PM   #36
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
We're using a rear facing Graco, but I can't remember the model. It fits. It's a little awkward to get in and out, and the wife is a little scrunched more than normal, but its fine for popping around town. I'm interested in the Britax Calum mentioned if it's even more compact.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #37
Missy
Blue Nose

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 series
Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,017 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Careful, I hear a lot of the graco seats have been recalled. Congrats on the baby!!! I can't wait to have one! ...ok I lied I'm totally cool with waiting BUT when the time comes I'll be happily hormonal. Lmao
Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:08 PM   #38
Kelbyat07
Poor College Kid

Drives: ~.~
Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,249 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
Careful, I hear a lot of the graco seats have been recalled. Congrats on the baby!!! I can't wait to have one! ...ok I lied I'm totally cool with waiting BUT when the time comes I'll be happily hormonal. Lmao
Just let me know when..

Congrats on the baby!

Kelbyat07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelbyat07 For This Useful Post:
Missy (02-16-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 11:14 PM   #39
Missy
Blue Nose

Nice kelby...
Old 02-17-2014, 12:31 AM   #40
meWant

Drives: '16 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats wings
meWant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #41
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
There's maybe 3 inches between the back of my seat and the front of the back seat. Certainly not enough for some little feet. Maybe you sit closer to the wheel than I do.
Very possible. I'm 6'3" but I tend to have a more upright and close seating position than a lot of people I know. Back against the seat, able to rest my wrist on the top of the steering wheel without leaning forward. Knees still slightly bent when pedals depressed all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post

Yeah, this infant carrier seems to be a good bit larger than the convertible non-removable one we had for my first son, which I'll follow up on below..

Quote:
Most likely it was a Britax. They make a model that is compact, VERY nice seat. We used one for a while until our youngest grew out of it. I'd highly recommend.
Britax Diplomat. That was the one we had for my son, a compact convertible car seat. It was great and actually ALMOST fit in the 2 dr Yaris we had at the time. Almost, but not quite, so we got the Camry. Unfortunately it looks like it's been discontinued. He outgrew it eventually so we got him a Recaro Pro-Sport convertible harness to booster. It's great as well and fits in the twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
Yup, they recalled a lot of convertibles and harnessed boosters, but not infant seats. Apparently the buckle can become hard to undo after time, and if you have a recalled version they'll replace the buckle. My wife told me about it a couple of days ago and I meant to check and see if ours was involved as well, but I guess if they didn't recall infant seats it's not.
Quote from CNN:
Quote:
According to the government, the seven models that Graco isn't recalling despite being asked to do so by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration are all infant seats. Specifically, they are: Snugride, Snugride 30, Snugride 32, Infant Safe Seat-Step 1, Snugride 35, Tuetonia 35, and Snugride Click Connect 40.
Asked about these models, Graco's spokeswoman said that any customers with those or other car seats can still call and get a new harness buckle sent to them for free.
"They are not officially recalled; however, customers experiencing any difficulty with their harness buckle can still get a new one," said Mowrey.
So looks like I'll be getting one of those voluntary new buckles just in case since we have a SnugRide 35.

Also I'd like to comment on the "happily" hormonal thing. Yes there will be lots of happy! Then sad.. Then crying for no reason at all. Then crying because of something completely normal. Then finding out you ran out of something like butter, and more crying.. Have fun with that.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
Missy (02-17-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #42
Missy
Blue Nose

No more butter!? Why god whyyyyy!?!?

Lol I'll probably annoy myself, I've never felt a baby kick so there will be no way I'll miss it when I'm the one carrying it! Hopefully that and watching the little alien move around will make up for feeling crazy. Glad to hear your car seat wasn't affected, feel bad for everyone else's that has though.. You buy the damn things to make your child safe not to trap them if something were to happen.