follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 04-30-2014, 04:32 PM   #99
Ganthrithor

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 997, Other Things(TM)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinBRZ View Post
Were you parked near Eos last Thurs night? Luuul. The WRB you're talking about.. could it be @Ganthrithor?
Nope. Mine's not tinted and is resonated. It might be the guy who came to the Malibu meet... I can't remember his forum name, but he's got a WRB and lives on the mesa. His looked stock when I saw it in January, but maybe he's done some modding v0v

Or maybe there's a new WRB car in town. I saw an unidentified one in Montecito a few weeks ago... always tough to tell if it's a new resident or just a visitor in this town, though.
Ganthrithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #100
NickGTI32
The Silver Shnerfer

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Were you parked near Eos last Thurs night? Luuul. The WRB you're talking about.. could it be @Ganthrithor?
Yeah that was me! haha no i know @Ganthrithor it was a different one.
NickGTI32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:00 PM   #101
KelvinBRZ
GBS Mafia Member

Drives: with Snow mode on
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickGTI32 View Post
Yeah that was me! haha no i know @Ganthrithor it was a different one.
Heh, I wanted to park next to you but spot was taken. I parked 2 rows behind though. Since you both know each other, let's all meet for a drive maybe? Or cars & coffee too.

Btw there's a new SWP in town, he parks right next to me in the campus lot.

GBS Mafia
KelvinBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #102
NickGTI32
The Silver Shnerfer

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Heh, I wanted to park next to you but spot was taken. I parked 2 rows behind though. Since you both know each other, let's all meet for a drive maybe? Or cars & coffee too.

Haha awe man! Yeah I'm down as Julian knows I'm super busy with work and have little time for "long" drives but i love just meeting up, doing 192 runs and or Gibraltar... let this other SWP know whats up leave a note or something!
NickGTI32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #103
Ganthrithor

Quote:

Both those things sound good to me. I just did a proper wash + wax today, so maybe my car will even be clean enough for C&C this weekend.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:36 AM   #104
KelvinBRZ
GBS Mafia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickGTI32 View Post
Haha awe man! Yeah I'm down as Julian knows I'm super busy with work and have little time for "long" drives but i love just meeting up, doing 192 runs and or Gibraltar... let this other SWP know whats up leave a note or something!
I was thinking somewhere along the lines of Gibraltar.. I'll bring my DSLR! I was planning on leaving a note so I'll definitely do that now. 4 BRZs cruising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganthrithor View Post
Both those things sound good to me. I just did a proper wash + wax today, so maybe my car will even be clean enough for C&C this weekend.
I just washed my car last weekend at Wash n Go... Really subpar and they claim to not leave swirls but I notice minor ones pop up after the wash. I wish I had a personal driveway & supplies here :|

GBS Mafia
Old 05-01-2014, 03:54 AM   #105
Ganthrithor

Quote:
I was thinking somewhere along the lines of Gibraltar.. I'll bring my DSLR! I was planning on leaving a note so I'll definitely do that now. 4 BRZs cruising
A cruise sounds good to me. Maybe somewhere with two lanes though?

Quote:
I just washed my car last weekend at Wash n Go... Really subpar and they claim to not leave swirls but I notice minor ones pop up after the wash. I wish I had a personal driveway & supplies here :|
Sorry to hear that. Next time come use my driveway! I just bought a bunch of cleaning stuff (unfortunately I forgot to get a clay bar, though, so you'll have to bring one of those).

Man, it's funny: cleaning my car today I think I came away more disappointed than anything else... it's quite clean now, but man to do you notice all the little things that are wrong with your car when detailing... such bad orange peel on this paint job! And clear bra collects so much crap and it's really hard (or impossible) to get the stuff off the clear bra. Oh well, I guess its better to have ugly clear bra than a bunch of big paint chips.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:25 AM   #106
KelvinBRZ
GBS Mafia Member

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. Next time come use my driveway! I just bought a bunch of cleaning stuff (unfortunately I forgot to get a clay bar, though, so you'll have to bring one of those).

Man, it's funny: cleaning my car today I think I came away more disappointed than anything else... it's quite clean now, but man to do you notice all the little things that are wrong with your car when detailing... such bad orange peel on this paint job! And clear bra collects so much crap and it's really hard (or impossible) to get the stuff off the clear bra. Oh well, I guess its better to have ugly clear bra than a bunch of big paint chips.
Wow, never noticed that my phone did not send my reply. Anyhow, yeah, a cruise would be fine with me. Sometime before June 14th though cause I am leaving the SB area for a while.. graduating soon.

Heh, let me know next time you decide to give your car a wash, I'll take your offer on that driveway! Yeah, I know what you mean though. After I got my car back from the shop the only swirl marks were on the roof cause they didn't repaint it, but now after that "100% hand car wash" bullcrap I see light swirl marks everywhere. I do have the proper tools to correct swirls at home in LA, but here I'm defenseless.

GBS Mafia

Last edited by KelvinBRZ; 05-09-2014 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #107
Wayne

Drives: Hot Lava FR-S AT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Exclamation Two-Lane Touring? Terrific!

Quote:
Please check out the other thread on a BRZ/FR-S group drive on the backroads of Ventura and Santa Barbara counties, and if you're interested please post it, or make alternate suggestions there.
Ventura County CA
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #108
mightythias

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey fellow 805'er here...Simi valley. Have seen a few FRS/BRZs around but have yet to be spotted myself. Hope to see more of you out there
mightythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #109
Kevinmp7

Drives: 2014 Raven Scion FR-S Monogram Seri
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightythias View Post
Hey fellow 805'er here...Simi valley. Have seen a few FRS/BRZs around but have yet to be spotted myself. Hope to see more of you out there
Check out the other thread that Wayne mentioned in his post. I Haven't seen any fellow members on the streets since I leave for work at 5am haha.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:18 PM   #110
cycleboy

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S - Argento
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Guys, if you're not already using it for cleaning, I totally love ONR (Optimum No-Rinse). Recommended to me by Rob who owns SB Auto Detailing (old HS friend). Put a half cap full in a 1/2 gal pump up sprayer and fill w/ distilled water. Wash the car in 20-30 min if it is not too dirty, which it usually isn't since I wash it more often with this stuff! I do a section at a time, wash w/ microfiber cloth, follow w/ waffle drying cloth.
cycleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:15 AM   #111
Caltrmptguy86

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Hello 805'ers! I might be going up to SB next weekend to be a tourist. lol. What's good to do there on a day's trip, aside from awesome roads. Well, maybe a couple of roads won't hurt either. lol
Caltrmptguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:16 PM   #112
WarthogBrz

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightythias View Post
Conejo Valley here. I've spotted a few '86's in this area (including a silver one heading north last night).
WarthogBrz is offline   Reply With Quote