follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-14-2014, 10:23 PM   #169
R3VOLUTION

Drives: 2012 Evo X - STOLEN
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Out the door Limited Price?

Misread.

Last edited by R3VOLUTION; 04-14-2014 at 11:20 PM.
R3VOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #170
Annahra

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VOLUTION View Post
For the record, there's a very real possibility you got a fair deal and they over allowed on your trade. However, given that TrueCar and a few other sites show a guaranteed discount of around $1,600 means there is at least that much in profit and/or rebates, and they only gave you and extra $500 but charged full MSRP...
Not sure where you are getting this--MSRP on my new car as configured is $29,976. I paid $28.2K. KBB trade value on my car in good condition was $19K-$20.5K (Subaru guaranteed trade was $22K, but that was with only 15K mi. and mine had 37K mi.). My trade was very well maintained (with records at the dealer taking it back) but it had repaired front end damage (cosmetic) and was currently sitting on their lot with the engine pulled waiting for a new short block.
Annahra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:19 PM   #171
R3VOLUTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annahra View Post
Not sure where you are getting this--MSRP on my new car as configured is $29,976. I paid $28.2K. KBB trade value on my car in good condition was $19K-$20.5K (Subaru guaranteed trade was $22K, but that was with only 15K mi. and mine had 37K mi.). My trade was very well maintained (with records at the dealer taking it back) but it had repaired front end damage (cosmetic) and was currently sitting on their lot with the engine pulled waiting for a new short block.

Misread your post.
The Following User Says Thank You to R3VOLUTION For This Useful Post:
Annahra (04-14-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 12:26 AM   #172
Blastersix

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:
Washed out taxes/tag fee's and negative equity with down payment?

Let's just clarify this for everyone:

OTD: Out the door. Number after all is said and done. Total amount financed (before interest) or paid in cash.

For the purposes of fair assessment (which I assume is the purpose of this thread) it's useless to use an OTD figure because of the differences in tax rate, tag cost, amount of dealer fee, trade equity/inequity, money down, etc.

For example, someone could have bought the car at full MSRP, but had 5K trade equity, putting their "OTD" at approx 2K under MSRP so they feel they got a very good deal.

Another good one is someone paid under MSRP, but got a little less on their trade. The dealership actually valued your trade with more money, showed you less, gave the difference amount as a discount, and made full sticker on you.

Just list the price of the car that you negotiated it down to and it will be equal all around since all dealers pay the same for their cars.
Sorry, let me be more clear, valid points. My trade, with no negative equity, but about $150 positive equity and then the tax in my state 5.5% on the balance after subtracting the trade in value was a wash with my down payment, which brought me back to my initial price of $26,700. To standardize what people paid for just the car, I would recommend listing % of MSRP paid. So, I paid approximately 92.6% of or 7.4% under list, before anything else.
Blastersix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:11 AM   #173
R3VOLUTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastersix View Post
Sorry, let me be more clear, valid points. My trade, with no negative equity, but about $150 positive equity and then the tax in my state 5.5% on the balance after subtracting the trade in value was a wash with my down payment, which brought me back to my initial price of $26,700. To standardize what people paid for just the car, I would recommend listing % of MSRP paid. So, I paid approximately 92.6% of or 7.4% under list, before anything else.

I understood what you meant, I'm just trying to impress which number can be used as an appropriate comparison tool
Old 04-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #174
gatsbysghost

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ; WR Blue; Manual.
Quote:
Bullshit. For that to be your total cost after taxes tags fees (but before money down/trade value) they would have had to sell you the car for $23Kish, which is 5K under MSRP.
Not bullshit, actually! I got roughly the same deal on mine ($25,500 for the car--well, actually, there was a trade-in, so I paid $8,024 OTD, but the BRZ's price was lowered to $25,500 in order to make that happen--including TTL, from a $29,009 MSRP)--AND I got the dealer to bring the powertrain warranty up to 6yrs/100k, AND I got them to chuck in 2yrs/25k of free oil/filter changes and wheel alignments.

You just have to get them near the end of the month

Also it doesn't hurt if you have a trade-in; if you trade in a car, then the tax on the new purchase is calculated from the NET cost (i.e., AFTER the value of the trade-in is subtracted).
Old 04-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #175
R3VOLUTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsbysghost View Post
Not bullshit, actually! I got roughly the same deal on mine ($25,500 for the car--well, actually, there was a trade-in, so I paid $8,024 OTD, but the BRZ's price was lowered to $25,500 in order to make that happen--including TTL, from a $29,009 MSRP)--AND I got the dealer to bring the powertrain warranty up to 6yrs/100k, AND I got them to chuck in 2yrs/25k of free oil/filter changes and wheel alignments.

You just have to get them near the end of the month

Also it doesn't hurt if you have a trade-in; if you trade in a car, then the tax on the new purchase is calculated from the NET cost (i.e., AFTER the value of the trade-in is subtracted).
Then sir THAT is the best deal I've seen so far. And yes, you do not pay tax on trade value which is a nice perk. End of the month + old age unit will always get you a stupid good deal
Old 04-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #176
GreenMonster
Just doing research

Drives: 03 Acura CLS 6MT
Quote:
I don't mean to be a **** but there is such a astronomical difference in an OTD figure that it is useless to use it as a comparative tool even within one dealership, let alone across the USA and whatever other countries people post from. It's just silly.
Yep, OTD is a totally useless figure... but "ballers on a budget" seem obsessed with it. lol.

Taxes vary by state (and sometimes county), Fees are different from dealer to dealer. Extended warranties and the other crap the finance guy wants to sell you skews the figure too.

I wish the BRZ section had a "What did you PAY for your BRZ" thread
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #177
R3VOLUTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
Yep, OTD is a totally useless figure... but "ballers on a budget" seem obsessed with it. lol.

Taxes vary by state (and sometimes county), Fees are different from dealer to dealer. Extended warranties and the other crap the finance guy wants to sell you skews the figure too.

I wish the BRZ section had a "What did you PAY for your BRZ" thread
I'm thinking of writing a buyers guide, and then people can post the full structure of their deals.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #178
GreenMonster
Just doing research

Quote:
I'm thinking of writing a buyers guide, and then people can post the full structure of their deals.
Like an expanded dealership "four square" ?

I know what the four square is gonna look like BEFORE I even think about going to a dealer.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #179
GreenMonster
Just doing research

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsbysghost View Post
but the BRZ's price was lowered to $25,500 in order to make that happen--including TTL, from a $29,009 MSR
Great deal!! Especially with the free add-ins.

I've heard of people paying around $25.5 for a 14 BRZ limited MT, but haven't heard of anything lower (until now).

If I had a dealership offer me a 14 Limited for something south of 25K, I'd be signing the paperwork tomorrow!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:22 PM   #180
R3VOLUTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
Like an expanded dealership "four square" ?

I know what the four square is gonna look like BEFORE I even think about going to a dealer.
I'm a master of the 4 square setup, and of the normal full disclosure setup. Converse to popular belief, an informed buyer is much easier to deal with from the sales point of view.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #181
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuxx View Post
What did you end up paying out the door after TTL for a limited?
$31k

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote