follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #43
Superhatch
AIM4APX

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where can I find pricing and ordering information? The first page of search for 'Visconti' doesn't seem to have anything, or I'm missing it.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #44
Visconti
Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhatch View Post
Where can I find pricing and ordering information? The first page of search for 'Visconti' doesn't seem to have anything, or I'm missing it.
What are you looking for ?
Visconti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #45
CBR600RR

Drives: Raven Black
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
@Visconti

Is it ok to launch the car with the EcuTek agressive traction control on map 4? or will this likely result in a slower launch than just feathering the throttle?
CBR600RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #46
Visconti
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR600RR View Post
@Visconti

Is it ok to launch the car with the EcuTek agressive traction control on map 4? or will this likely result in a slower launch than just feathering the throttle?
Yes it's fine
Old 06-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #47
Rich@ViscontiTuning
Banned

Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
I just wanted to bump this thread up too because obviously we've gotten a lot of "less than positive" feedback lately, we'll say. And of course, I don't mean to make light of these comments as a lot of them are valid and you guys have made yourselves heard. This is why I want to kick start this thread again too so everyone has another outlet to make suggestions, talk about some of the things that have bothered you about our service and/or our product - all with the intention of improving and listening. I think so much of the time, everyone wants to remain steadfast in their position, and I for one just want to create an open forum where productive comments can be addressed and answered, because you guys deserve that type of forum. I hope you'll continue to take advantage. Thanks!
Rich@ViscontiTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich@ViscontiTuning For This Useful Post:
86_Insider (09-10-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #48
Bleevin

Drives: 2013 FRS - Whiteout
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've had some back and forth emails in regards to an ecu replacement from the dealership. But thought I'd ask my question here also.

To make a long story short... The dealership replaced my ecu with a new ecu (for P0017) and performed some kind of reflash (for P0019) to the new ecu.

Is there any kind of information I need to provide to you so that I can re-applying my ecutek licence and reflash the latest tune from you. Also how can I get a copy of my new current stock settings, in case I want to flash back to stock?
Bleevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #49
Visconti
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleevin View Post
I've had some back and forth emails in regards to an ecu replacement from the dealership. But thought I'd ask my question here also.

To make a long story short... The dealership replaced my ecu with a new ecu (for P0017) and performed some kind of reflash (for P0019) to the new ecu.

Is there any kind of information I need to provide to you so that I can re-applying my ecutek licence and reflash the latest tune from you. Also how can I get a copy of my new current stock settings, in case I want to flash back to stock?
If the license was lost we just need paper work from the dealer stating what they did.

Then we'll need a rom dump of the new ecu

All of this needs to be put in a support console ticket

Let me know if you have anymore questions

John
The Following User Says Thank You to Visconti For This Useful Post:
Bleevin (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #50
CBR600RR

Drives: Raven Black
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I will post this here:

I recently had to put my car back to stock for warranty work at the dealer. I tried to switch from E85 to the stock rom. but for some reason the stock rom I was orriginally provided with was corrupted. Since I just filled the tank with pump gass I simply put on John's pump gas tune. I then submitted a ticket to John about the issue I was having with the stock rom and that I had a deadline because of my appointment at the dealer. John was able to get me the working stock rom that I needed in good time, even though I know he is swamped right now with; flexfuel sales, supercharger sales, and an updated map for his NA tunes (amungst many other things).

I am very happy with his service. Both him and Rick are a pleasure to deal with!!! John can be a bit blunt at times, but I think that he is simply banging off emails, texts, phonecalls and tickets as fast as he possible can.

Cheers, to Visconti Tuning!!!

Oh and BTW - I had no issues with the dealer. They fixed my chirping fuel pump and waterlogged tail lights under warrenty.

Patiently waiting for the release of John's new pumpgas and e85 tunes :-)
CBR600RR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CBR600RR For This Useful Post:
Rich@ViscontiTuning (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #51
Rich@ViscontiTuning
Banned

Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR600RR View Post
I will post this here:

I recently had to put my car back to stock for warranty work at the dealer. I tried to switch from E85 to the stock rom. but for some reason the stock rom I was orriginally provided with was corrupted. Since I just filled the tank with pump gass I simply put on John's pump gas tune. I then submitted a ticket to John about the issue I was having with the stock rom and that I had a deadline because of my appointment at the dealer. John was able to get me the working stock rom that I needed in good time, even though I know he is swamped right now with; flexfuel sales, supercharger sales, and an updated map for his NA tunes (amungst many other things).

I am very happy with his service. Both him and Rick are a pleasure to deal with!!! John can be a bit blunt at times, but I think that he is simply banging off emails, texts, phonecalls and tickets as fast as he possible can.

Cheers, to Visconti Tuning!!!

Oh and BTW - I had no issues with the dealer. They fixed my chirping fuel pump and waterlogged tail lights under warrenty.

Patiently waiting for the release of John's new pumpgas and e85 tunes :-)
Awesome! Thanks @CBR600RR. It was a pleasure speaking with you.
Rich@ViscontiTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #52
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Drives: Toyota 86 Satin Pearl White
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
I obtained my STG1 tune on the 30 May, after having excellent sales pitch from Rich selling me the worlds best tune and back up service for life.
Being absolutely new to the tune scene and with no knowledge on Ecutek and NO support on what to do on your website, I was left to figure this out on my own. You have subsequently put up instructions and adding more on data logging soon, which will definately assist.
Unfortunately in this game dealing with people, you are going to need to be patient and require the understanding of your customers needs, not treat them like we wasting your time and you too busy for us.
I believe you should have at least a 48 hour guaranteed response on any ticket lodged and have update info advising status of the ticket, so we know what's happening, not left to wonder when we will be attended too.
I have loaded the ROM file sent to me and ran DYNO test, which gave me 6.7 whp gains over my stock dyno. Guys here in SA fitting UniQ chips are getting double what I gained.

You mentioned earlier that a intake does nothing, which I am surprised, as my DIF gave me 4whp and the tune 6.7whp.

So what do I do now to ensure my car is tuned to the best it can be.

Hope you can accept some constructive criticism and understand how frustrating its is sitting on the otherside of the world.

Thanks.
Ryan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #53
Visconti
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan86 View Post
I obtained my STG1 tune on the 30 May, after having excellent sales pitch from Rich selling me the worlds best tune and back up service for life.
Being absolutely new to the tune scene and with no knowledge on Ecutek and NO support on what to do on your website, I was left to figure this out on my own. You have subsequently put up instructions and adding more on data logging soon, which will definately assist.
Unfortunately in this game dealing with people, you are going to need to be patient and require the understanding of your customers needs, not treat them like we wasting your time and you too busy for us.
I believe you should have at least a 48 hour guaranteed response on any ticket lodged and have update info advising status of the ticket, so we know what's happening, not left to wonder when we will be attended too.
I have loaded the ROM file sent to me and ran DYNO test, which gave me 6.7 whp gains over my stock dyno. Guys here in SA fitting UniQ chips are getting double what I gained.

You mentioned earlier that a intake does nothing, which I am surprised, as my DIF gave me 4whp and the tune 6.7whp.

So what do I do now to ensure my car is tuned to the best it can be.

Hope you can accept some constructive criticism and understand how frustrating its is sitting on the otherside of the world.

Thanks.

Intakes absolutely do not pick up power on these cars.

Depending on the intake you put on without the correct calibration you will have different Air Fuel Mixtures which can change the load point the engine ecu uses causing it to run a different ignition curve.

My point is, if you take a stock intake run the same air fuel mixture and timing as you would with a "upgraded" intake you will see no gain.

Money is better spent on something else.

I can't speak for what the unichip guys are doing, just what we are doing.

We are delivering a tune that will pick up power without being dangerous.

I could turn off the knock control or dumb it down and pick up more power, but it will be at the cost of your engine.

These tunes aren't setup for race cars that go through one motor a race, they're meant for people that expect to use it over 100K miles

John
The Following User Says Thank You to Visconti For This Useful Post:
Bu-Tang (06-15-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #54
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Thanks for the response John.
I hear where you are coming from, however I believe the gains obtained from the STG1 tune on 6whp is nothing to be excited about. Rich guaranteed anything from 10whp to 20whp based on stock car no mods.

What do you need from me to be able to look at how my car is running and be able to tune to get decent safe gains?

Ryan
Old 06-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #55
Visconti
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan86 View Post
Thanks for the response John.
I hear where you are coming from, however I believe the gains obtained from the STG1 tune on 6whp is nothing to be excited about. Rich guaranteed anything from 10whp to 20whp based on stock car no mods.

What do you need from me to be able to look at how my car is running and be able to tune to get decent safe gains?

Ryan

Like everyone else, you can send in datalogs via the ticket system

If we see something that can be improved on we send a update.

Not all cars are the same, not all dyno's are the same or conditions are the same

Here is someone who dyno'e this past weekend

Old 06-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #56
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Thank you for your valuable input. Last questions.
How do you want us to do a data log run to submit.
3rd gear run 2000rpm to 7000rpm?
Would you prefer we wait for your new release before sending anything through?
Ryan

Tags
looks good lolfire, viscontifried