follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota 86 / Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge

Off-Topic Lounge For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-04-2013, 02:37 AM   #57
VesperLynn

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
I think it was because he has a big nose...

I know that always gets me riled up and ready to fight...
Honestly. It's one if the genetic things that has been prominent in my family. Although I don't practice Judaism or any religion at all really, my ethnic background is very obvious. The guy started but making hand gestures about my larger nose and it was like "seriously?" Then they rolled their window down and the guy was calling me a kike. It was just insane how ridiculous the whole situation was.

(And again to the mods I hope the use of the profanity and/or slurs mentioned aren't some sort of breach in the rules, I apologize for that. Just explaining the story.)
VesperLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 AM   #58
sho220

Drives: FR-S MT & FJ Cruiser
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VesperLynn View Post
Honestly. It's one if the genetic things that has been prominent in my family. Although I don't practice Judaism or any religion at all really, my ethnic background is very obvious. The guy started but making hand gestures about my larger nose and it was like "seriously?" Then they rolled their window down and the guy was calling me a kike. It was just insane how ridiculous the whole situation was.

(And again to the mods I hope the use of the profanity and/or slurs mentioned aren't some sort of breach in the rules, I apologize for that. Just explaining the story.)
Apparently I'm clueless as to what a Jewish person is supposed to look like... I can't imagine doing this to a complete freakin' stranger...bogles my mind how people can do things like this...

sho220 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:
rhoyle (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 02:46 AM   #59
sho220

Drives: FR-S MT & FJ Cruiser
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Well. It seems a bit of both. They assumed that my parents bought me it because of their racist ideas, but I don't have parents and worked my ass for like 9 years saving up money that I had no idea I was saving (long story, but can explain if anyone wants) and bought a nice car.

Jealous pricks.
Sounds a bit painful...I think you may be missing an "off" in there...

sho220 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:
Hawk77FT (03-04-2013), usptwins (03-06-2013), Zgrinch (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 AM   #60
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Just my advice, but if I was in the situation, and the choice of running in to the ditch and letting them drive off.. Or running into them, calling to police and letting the, deal with it since you said there was a witness behind you... I would've took option two.. In seriousness.. I would've stopped the car called to police and if they tried anything then showed that I carry and not one to mess with.. They would drive off or we wait until the police arrive...
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:54 AM   #61
Hawk77FT

Drives: GTS 86
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker741 View Post
God that is fucking awful. Don't let someone else's anti-semetic words ruin your day. I would've gotten on the phone with the police as it was happening. But at least you are ok. Karma will hit them sooner or later.
No, there is no such thing as karma...but if they continue with such attitude sooner or later they will run into the wrong person...you know..the type of person you dont want to mess with and they are going to get!
Hawk77FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 AM   #62
Hawk77FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawstar98 View Post
Intimidation goes a long way. Get a gun
A gun would solve fck all in this case...yes, it would've scared the shit out of them but what that tells about the type of person you are. I am not saying that it should go down the bible BS turn the other cheek, but if he would've called the police, it would've been much better!
If it was me, I would've followed the idiots to their place and punch their face in. It is funny when the bully becomes the bullied in a matter of minutes!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 AM   #63
jmh

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have little trouble believing people could do this with no provocation, there are a lot of scummy humans out there. A guy went nuts at my girlfriend a couple months ago when we were driving home in a extremely heavy storm because he thought she cut him off. He followed us for a good 5 minutes beeping his horn and flashing his high beams yelling. In reality she hadn't changed lanes for a good 4 or 5 km. His lane however, had just ended and merged with ours giving us right of way, and we were in front of him anyway. I have no idea how this situation could have result in someone being enraged. A lot of dumb people out there.
jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #64
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,078 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
I'm surprised people here don't believe racism like this exists. I see it now and then but luckily haven't had to experience something this extreme. Things could have been worse but still sucks about the damage. You mentioned "my obvious Jewish traits" so what other signs besides the nose (which isn't necessarily obvious)?
Quote:
worked my ass for like 9 years saving up money that I had no idea I was saving (long story, but can explain if anyone wants)
Please explain.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:01 AM   #65
VesperLynn

Quote:
Sounds a bit painful...I think you may be missing an "off" in there...
Yes, there is supposed to be an "off" in there. Good catch, made myself sound like a male hooker lol.

My dad had a concealed carry license and, although I guess technically illegal (brandishing a firearm), if anyone did anything like that he used to pull out his Walther P99 and then we had no problems.

Were I in the other car I would have let them rammed into me. I'm not as attached to the WRX as I am the BRZ. Still wouldn't have been a good situation. I'm glad nothing bad happened, just some scratches and scuffs on my roof from the damn plastic coffee cup and some coffee all over my car. I was just looking on it from the bright side since I was already on my way to wash the car anyhow.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:05 AM   #66
Hawk77FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgrinch View Post
Well, could have been worse, like what happened in Australia that someone posted here a while back....

Unbelievable road rage attack - YouTube
That ****head is in jail now!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:06 AM   #67
VesperLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
I'm surprised people here don't believe racism like this exists. I see it now and then but luckily haven't had to experience something this extreme. Things could have been worse but still sucks about the damage. You mentioned "my obvious Jewish traits" so what other signs besides the nose (which isn't necessarily obvious)?

Besides your big nose you said

Please explain.
Father owned a business and I would work every day for every summer, and some days during the year. We lived out in the country as well and had many projects going around the house so he would always tell me: "Hey, do it for me and I'll give you a surprise someday." So I just worked and worked and worked and never got payed and never really questioned it.

Two years ago my mother up and left and went and had an affair with some guy and lied about it. My dad went in for a prostate exam and found out he had cancer and that it was terminal. He passed away three months later.

Bank contacted me and told me that both my brother and I had separate accounts with funds in them and we came in and found out I had a pretty large chunk of change. I've been using the money for school and have been working to buy all the parts for my car. I decided I'd buy a nice car while I was at it and got an M3 (something I always thought was amazing). Found out they're a pain in the ass to maintain and got rid of it. Saw a BRZ in wilsonville and fell in love with the car and got a BRZ a week later. Then found a WRX on the side of the street in town and picked it up for 7,000, fixed it up, and now have a fully functional 2006 WRX STI. Hopefully going to be selling it come summer. Means more fun for the BRZ.

Last edited by VesperLynn; 03-05-2013 at 06:30 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VesperLynn For This Useful Post:
Allch Chcar (03-04-2013), HunterGreene (03-05-2013), switchlanez (03-04-2013), Turbowned (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 03:08 AM   #68
VesperLynn

And sorry forgot to answer your other question, Switchlanez.

I've got the classic curly hair that is commonly referred to as a "Jewfro." Don't worry, it's not big. Just can't control how curly my hair is lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to VesperLynn For This Useful Post:
switchlanez (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 03:08 AM   #69
Hawk77FT

Quote:
I think it was because he has a big nose...

I know that always gets me riled up and ready to fight...
You know what they say about people with big nose...maybe they were just jealous that he might have a big schlong!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:12 AM   #70
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,056 Times in 1,097 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
@VesperLynn - sorry you had a scary encounter. But there is much to learn from it. As others have said, those people broke the law and should be reported. They may target you again.

Lets talk about your options should something like this happen again. Speeding up would have been my last alternative. Even though there was a car behind you; surely it backed off when the guy tried to run you off the road.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote