follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Tylub

Drives: Raven Black FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
AIRAID intake return? concern?

I've recently received my replacement screws and whatnot and that was great,and i've used loctite to make everything good to go, as well as re-tightening all the parts and made sure everything was good to go, BUT yesterday i was driving around and i've noticed before that the car would sputter just a little bit when going up hill. and also going to the mountains and around Palm springs area, the car would not have anymore power, i had to constantly be up in the rev-band to go is what i noticed with this intake. nothing to be too concerned about because it sounds great otherwise... but The case for yesterday is that my car SHOOK violently and that scared me. like the car wanted to move but it didn't so idk what was going on.

I'm not sure about this intake anymore /: great customer service though... any way i can do a return?
Tylub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage

Did you try contacting your vendor before posting a new thread about it?
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Tylub

@sportsguy83
yeah it's now in the process (i don't know if they'll do it or not) but i thought i would share my experience with the intake system /:
Old 10-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylub View Post
I've recently received my replacement screws and whatnot and that was great,and i've used loctite to make everything good to go, as well as re-tightening all the parts and made sure everything was good to go, BUT yesterday i was driving around and i've noticed before that the car would sputter just a little bit when going up hill. and also going to the mountains and around Palm springs area, the car would not have anymore power, i had to constantly be up in the rev-band to go is what i noticed with this intake. nothing to be too concerned about because it sounds great otherwise... but The case for yesterday is that my car SHOOK violently and that scared me. like the car wanted to move but it didn't so idk what was going on.

I'm not sure about this intake anymore /: great customer service though... any way i can do a return?
Hmmm, so it appears I'm NOT the only one who had those issues...

hmmmmm interesting...
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2forme For This Useful Post:
raz0rbladez909 (10-19-2012), Tylub (10-12-2012)
Old 10-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
Ravenlokk

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Did you try reverting back to stock to see if the issues were still there? Also is your EGR tube connected? Extreme bog and generally running like crap could be a sign that the tube popped off or something.
Ravenlokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
Jidonsu

Drives: Scion FR-S | 6MT | Ultramarine
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

It sounds like the issue I had with my injen intake. I decided it wasn't worth the trouble and just returned in. Is your car running on stock tune?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
Tylub

@jindonsu yeah the intake was the only aftermarket part i put onto the car. I got curious as to what @2forme said and i started reading all the threads again and it seems like my car is starting to have this "bog" that happens. I watched your video a couple minutes ago and it's kind of like that but mine was a little more severe
The Following User Says Thank You to Tylub For This Useful Post:
2forme (10-12-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #8
Tylub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenlokk View Post
Did you try reverting back to stock to see if the issues were still there? Also is your EGR tube connected? Extreme bog and generally running like crap could be a sign that the tube popped off or something.
yeah i reverted to stock and it went away, like everything i got "used" to and thought of as normal in the airaid actually wasn't. i guess i was just more interested and excited in the sound as opposed to what was happening. and occasionally i would brush off the little "bogs" and jerks and hesitations until this big one happened... i'm just not for it anymore so i'm on stock as of now and everything is ok. yeah and my tube is connected as well and i even fit on the little snorkel
Old 10-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Tylub

Just recieved my refund. Thanks again to @AJUSA.com and @AIRAID for making the return so easy. again, superb customer service, definitely no hassle
The Following User Says Thank You to Tylub For This Useful Post:
JPxM0Dz (10-18-2012)
Old 10-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
2forme

Garage
Quote:
Just recieved my refund. Thanks again to @AJUSA.com and @AIRAID for making the return so easy. again, superb customer service, definitely no hassle
So I guess they can no longer claim that they've sold "hundreds of intakes and haven't had any issues". God that pissed me off. I got my refund but it was 13$ short. At that point I didn't even bother arguing over it. I was just glad it was over.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2forme For This Useful Post:
Laika (10-18-2012), raz0rbladez909 (10-19-2012)
Old 10-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #11
Tylub

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forme View Post
So I guess they can no longer claim that they've sold "hundreds of intakes and haven't had any issues". God that pissed me off. I got my refund but it was 13$ short. At that point I didn't even bother arguing over it. I was just glad it was over.
you got luckier than me as I returned after around 2 months and i got hit by restocking fee of 20%, and paid for shipping and the extra box to ship it in so i'm out $62.92. + shipping and the box so another 22 dollars.

Last edited by Tylub; 10-18-2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: sorry, checked my math to find out it was 20%... adding the shippingand etc...
Old 10-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
2forme

Garage
Quote:
you got luckier than me as I returned after around 2 months and i got hit by restocking fee of 20%, and paid for shipping and the extra box to ship it in so i'm out $62.92. + shipping and the box so another 22 dollars.
Damn man, that blows. I was a bit assertive in not paying for a product that doesn't work. But I guess you're lucky in that they took it back 2 months later.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #13
Tylub

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forme View Post
Damn man, that blows. I was a bit assertive in not paying for a product that doesn't work. But I guess you're lucky in that they took it back 2 months later.
yeah i should have been more assertive and acted quicker when i noticed the little things instead of waiting for the "big one" to happen to me

yeah definitely, some money is better than no money

now to invest in an exhaust :happy0180:
Old 10-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #14
2forme

Garage
Quote:
yeah i should have been more assertive and acted quicker when i noticed the little things instead of waiting for the "big one" to happen to me

yeah definitely, some money is better than no money

now to invest in an exhaust :happy0180:
Sick which one are you looking at?