follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-20-2016, 03:32 AM   #29
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
I am going to get 8B88BB8 or something like that, good luck officer is all I have to say
Ontario won't issue ones like that. They must contain letters and numbers that are "easily distinguishable". So no I1I1 or ODOD and such.

Like others have said wait until something hits you. Just like naming your car it should just happen not be a forced issue. If nothing pops then it wasn't ment to be.
Also keep in mind if you ever decide to change cars the plates can suddenly be just weird. Neighbour across the street used to have a really Nicky done 98 Talon with the plates "Funky98". She crashed it and now those plates are on a 2010 Acura and look strange.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:39 AM   #30
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
I feel the exact opposite. OP should make a poll and have ft86club users vote on plates, then apply for the top choice regardless of what it is. If that's taken/unallowed, he should apply for the second choice, third, and so on until one finally gets through.

Absolutely zero creative input from @yzhang, and he ends up with a sweet ft86club approved vanity plate!
She
Old 01-20-2016, 03:43 AM   #31
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packofcrows View Post
This or lililil111ililil etc...can be issue that leads to revoked licenses [plates].

A sheriff came in today to the school I work in and was talking [bragging and flirting] to a secretary about how he gave a warning to a car outside that had "Tbagger" or something like that as a license plate and the next month the owner switched to a regular mixed number and letter plate.

I butted in and asked about a license that has only 2 or 3 digits. He laughed and said it was fine, "...as long as the plate doesn't read 'the fbomb,' [FU], backwards curse word like @ sshole [E10455A(?)] or 888BB888/1111IIIIIlll111 [barcode type], etc... it should be fine."

If it leads to confusion or reason for confusing/misinterpretation, then he can pull you over and send you to DMV with a ticket. He gave me the code (which iirc is like VC-4001B) but I was in hurry to make copies for my students so I partially ignored him. If then, you do not resolve such issue, he can send you to DMV for a license review. In other words you would retake the driving and writing portion of the test. I'm sure he over exaggerated, but something to keep in mind. Some LEO (law enforcement officers) are jerks, others are pretty cool.

I got caught doing donuts behind my closest shopping center and the Police Officer told me to go home, park my car and be more responsible.

Anyway, I've decided on my custom plate.

My license plate is going to read "T86" in the 1960's vanity black and yellow plate.

Anyway!!!!

I see a few people without front plates, others without bumpers, hoods or past due registration stickers and they havent ever gotten pulled over in my town in years!, so if someone is to get pulled over for a funny plate like 888BBB888 then that's B.S. lol

Just my rant while on coffee break.

p.s.

I dare you to get your license plate to say:

"NO TAG" read here

haha and read here! XXXXXX

p.p.s. haha our school behavioral principal was one to get ticket to fix the "Tbagger" license plate. He had "TBAG" due to his love for tea, so it wasn't bagger, it was just "TBAG." ROFL
I would be in court in a second if a cop told me my DMV approved and issued plate was not legal. It is a plate issued by the State and as such constitutes a legal document.
Cole (01-20-2016)