follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 07-26-2016, 02:40 AM   #1
thecarfilmer
IG: @nickwiththefrs

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S Halo
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Seat rails for Bride reps

Note: *I will have to apologize in advance for using rep seats in my car lol. I do not intend to track or autox my car multiple times or anytime soon. Just purely for show.* No one elses fault except for me if I die or get into an accident.

Carrying on, thinking about purchasing a new pair of Bride reps from a seller near me. I either couldn't find anything about this or I'm just blind but where the hell can I find rails for them? They only offer rails that fit universally. Will authentic rails fit on reps? Yeah yeah, real rails on a fake seat ahahaaaaaaa.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:02 AM   #2
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarfilmer View Post
Note: *I will have to apologize in advance for using rep seats in my car lol. I do not intend to track or autox my car multiple times or anytime soon. Just purely for show.* No one elses fault except for me if I die or get into an accident.

Carrying on, thinking about purchasing a new pair of Bride reps from a seller near me. I either couldn't find anything about this or I'm just blind but where the hell can I find rails for them? They only offer rails that fit universally. Will authentic rails fit on reps? Yeah yeah, real rails on a fake seat ahahaaaaaaa.
1. left side(driver) or right side.
2. bottom mount or side mount.
3. sliding or fixed.
Are you getting the bucket seats or the reclinables? The reclinables are horrible in construction. The two halves(top/bottom) aren't secured to each other well and have a lot of play. Put your knees on the seat cushion and shake the top half of the seat with your hands. And then you will know.
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:14 AM   #3
thecarfilmer

Garage
1. both
2. bottom
3. sliding

Buckets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
1. left side(driver) or right side.
2. bottom mount or side mount.
3. sliding or fixed.
Are you getting the bucket seats or the reclinables? The reclinables are horrible in construction. The two halves(top/bottom) aren't secured to each other well and have a lot of play. Put your knees on the seat cushion and shake the top half of the seat with your hands. And then you will know.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:32 AM   #4
swarb

Quote:
1. both
2. bottom
3. sliding

Buckets.
I think you have the mounts confused. Bride(even reps) hasn't made bottom mount buckets in like 20 years. You need the side mounts. If the screws mount on the side, they are side mounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to swarb For This Useful Post:
thecarfilmer (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 05:14 AM   #5
thecarfilmer

Garage
shiet i probably did. i thought of side mounts as a different thing. so if i bought authentic bride mounts, they will fit on a rep no problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
I think you have the mounts confused. Bride(even reps) hasn't made bottom mount buckets in like 20 years. You need the side mounts. If the screws mount on the side, they are side mounts.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:40 AM   #6
swarb

Quote:
shiet i probably did. i thought of side mounts as a different thing. so if i bought authentic bride mounts, they will fit on a rep no problem?
Yep, you should be good, they are real bride reps right? Most mounts are universal and have some adjustment for different widths and lengths. Just make sure the mounting points on the seat are horizontal and NOT at a weird angle or you will need to bend the L brackets.
The Following User Says Thank You to swarb For This Useful Post:
thecarfilmer (07-26-2016)