follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 03-26-2012, 05:12 AM   #1
MRZ415

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question where did you Pre-order NORCAL ?

Where did you pre-order in NORCAL ?
and what deals did you get ? there are a few
around me .... Carlsen , stevens creek and Capital...

anyone here pre-order from the above dealership and
did they give you MSRP with 500 down ?

So far 3 carlsen subaru... redwood city [[ they wanted MSRP + $1000 extra : C ]]
4 at stevens creek
And capital... (( sold out ))

Last edited by MRZ415; 03-26-2012 at 01:05 PM.
MRZ415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
aphonic

Drives: WRB BRZ (Limited)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The greater Bay Area dealers have sucked so far for me when inquiring about the BRZ. As much as Capital has a good rep and has a history of "catering" to enthusiasts, I've had nothing but rude salesman and clueless reps every single time I call them or set foot in the dealership.

I pre-ordered mine from Livermore Subaru at the recommendation a friend. He bought one of the first WRX's off the boat from Japan in '02 from them and had nothing but good things to say about the buying experience and continued correspondence. I'm glad I took his advice, as everything has gone great so far and they've been transparent and welcoming. They're allotted 13-15 for the year, and last I heard, 9 pre-orders had been put in. $500 refundable deposit, guarantee of MSRP.
aphonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
uspspro

Drives: DGM BRZ, MR-S 3.5L V6 swap (sold)
I was #1 at Carlsen... MSRP only
uspspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
aphonic

Drives: WRB BRZ (Limited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uspspro View Post
I was #1 at Carlsen... MSRP only
Seriously? I called Carlsen on 3/5 and Chris Bowers explicitly told me they were charging $1,000 over MSRP. I even got it in writing via email.
aphonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphonic View Post
I pre-ordered mine from Livermore Subaru at the recommendation a friend. He bought one of the first WRX's off the boat from Japan in '02 from them and had nothing but good things to say about the buying experience and continued correspondence. I'm glad I took his advice, as everything has gone great so far and they've been transparent and welcoming. They're allotted 13-15 for the year, and last I heard, 9 pre-orders had been put in. $500 refundable deposit, guarantee of MSRP.
+1 for Livermore Subaru. I'm in the east bay and right when the announcement for pre-orders came out, I called around the area asking about it. The best I got was being placed on a "list". Finally tried Livermore Subaru since I remember them being very cool and even letting me test drive two STIs (a new and a pre-owned hawk eye) for comparison. I've been working with Wayne, and although he's not the most informed, he's been very transparent and truthful of the situation. Heck, he even gave me a call to tell me they had a pre-production car available for me to sit in the day they got it.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
MRZ415

I ended up going to Stevens Creek and got MSRP from Mark Moore...
friendly fellow... other folks in there I did my best NOT to talk to them.
(when I did my order I saw on his screen there is 11 spots left since I am #24
Old 03-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Drives: 2013 FRS and 2010 Mini Cooper
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRZ415 View Post
I ended up going to Stevens Creek and got MSRP from Mark Moore...
friendly fellow... other folks in there I did my best NOT to talk to them.
(when I did my order I saw on his screen there is 11 spots left since I am #24
Steven's Creek Subaru? I just stopped by Steven's Creek Scion and dropped a deposit off there. I think they said they only have a handful of deposits so far. (less than 10) but that they only were getting like 6 cars.
denkigrve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
MRZ415

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigrve View Post
Steven's Creek Subaru? I just stopped by Steven's Creek Scion and dropped a deposit off there. I think they said they only have a handful of deposits so far. (less than 10) but that they only were getting like 6 cars.
well... the Subaru VS Scion ..
I wanted HID + nav ... so its 1000 more ...
Scion can be had for less .. but you get less.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRZ415 View Post
well... the Subaru VS Scion ..
I wanted HID + nav ... so its 1000 more ...
Scion can be had for less .. but you get less.
Yeah I can do HID later, and I don't need nav. Plus I want the 86 badge on the fender cause I'm superficial. I had an 85 Corolla GTS with a Zenki Levin front. I miss it to death, so I'm going "Toyota" this time around to relive the memories of that car.

All I care about is not having to use a tape adapter on a stock stereo to play music from my iPhone, and I know that's standard in all Scions.

UPDATE: Just got off of the phone with the Stevens Creek Scion. I'm 3rd in line. So not many people have put down deposits there yet. I also talked to Sunnyvale Toyota, and I think they'll be a good source as well from what the guy was telling me. He said they are the largest distro center in south bay. So anyone in NorCal still looking for a Scion should check those places.

Last edited by denkigrve; 03-30-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #10
Kiteless
Hot Lava

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 1990 Miata 5MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
A friend and I are number 1 and 2 on the list at Stevens Creek Toyota/Scion. Bummer to hear they may only get around 6 cars. I will be holding out for the Hot Lava in a Manual. If it doesn't hit the lot in the first allotment I will wait for the next shipment, and the next and the next if I have to.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
Alliedforces86
Flat 4 Handyman

Drives: Firestone Red FR-S & WRB MY2002 WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I Pre ordered mine from Maita Subaru in Sac. I told the salesman I'm working with that some of you guys on here got MSRP with the deposit an he pretty much acted like I was lying and/or I didn't know what I was talking about. He thinks everyone is doing a mark up. My Limited out the door is over 32k :-/... I'm still going to try and talk him down. I think it's bs to be charged a mark up. Though it's a good dealership, they even carry Prodrive wheels, COBB accessport and turbo back exhausts for WRX/STI. I've never seen a dealership carry after market parts like they do.

Last edited by Alliedforces86; 04-26-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Alliedforces86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #12
Alliedforces86
Flat 4 Handyman

Drives: Firestone Red FR-S & WRB MY2002 WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
When I stopped by there the other week to check out the Premium they had one of the salesman said they were getting like 30 since they were a high volume dealership lol.. It's funny how different every salesman story is, always about 90% BS since they don't have any info or knowledge.
Alliedforces86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #13
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliedforces86 View Post
When I stopped by there the other week to check out the Premium they had one of the salesman said they were getting like 30 since they were a high volume dealership lol.. It's funny how different every salesman story is, always about 90% BS since they don't have any info or knowledge.
The Subaru dealership said the same thing to me. It's the Scion dealership that said they're getting like 6. They're like down the street from one another.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:48 AM   #14
Kostamojen

Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliedforces86 View Post
I Pre ordered mine from Maita Subaru in Sac. I told the salesman I'm working with that some of you guys on here got MSRP with the deposit an he pretty much acted like I was lying and/or I didn't know what I was talking about. He thinks everyone is doing a mark up. My Limited out the door is over 32k :-/... I'm still going to try and talk him down. I think it's bs to be charged a mark up. Though it's a good dealership, they even carry Prodrive wheels, COBB accessport and turbo back exhausts for WRX/STI. I've never seen a dealership carry after market parts like they do.
Maita is doing a markup? Thats not cool.

I'd just tell them if they insisted on a markup, I'd walk next door to the Scion dealer and order an FR-S instead for MSRP since they don't haggle (and thats what I would actually do too).
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote