follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #43
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
I didn't do too bad. Dark Souls II, Grim Dawn, Shadowrun Returns, F1 2013, Goat Simulator, Castle Crashers/Battleblock Theater pack, Banished, and Skyrim.

Of course I already have 200+ games in my library, so I had most of what I already wanted. Debated Kerbal Space Program for the millionth time and decided to hold off. Same with South Park Stick of Truth. If it had been around 25 though I would've been hooked.
I really debated picking up F1 2013 (and 10 and 11) but I already own 12 and 13 on 360. I love 12, but 13 always felt buggy and glitchy on 360.

Kerbal Space is pretty awesome, but it's very sandboxy. If you don't know exactly what you're doing it's hard to do anything, it doesn't really guide you whatsoever. Luckily there's a great tutorial series on youtube.

Looked at Stick of Truth too. $40 is too much for a Steam Sale.

Also, when all's said and done, I still enjoy Titanfall and Forza on my X1. I also play just about every PC game with the X1 controller, as I absolutely hate keyboard controls. I think the only games I don't use the pad for are Unreal Tournament and Doom 3.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #44
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusionpm View Post
I really debated picking up F1 2013 (and 10 and 11) but I already own 12 and 13 on 360. I love 12, but 13 always felt buggy and glitchy on 360.

Kerbal Space is pretty awesome, but it's very sandboxy. If you don't know exactly what you're doing it's hard to do anything, it doesn't really guide you whatsoever. Luckily there's a great tutorial series on youtube.

Looked at Stick of Truth too. $40 is too much for a Steam Sale.

Also, when all's said and done, I still enjoy Titanfall and Forza on my X1. I also play just about every PC game with the X1 controller, as I absolutely hate keyboard controls. I think the only games I don't use the pad for are Unreal Tournament and Doom 3.
I haven't had a F1 game since... forever. So I figured as cheap as it was, it was the way to go. Also, playing racing games on a 21:9 monitor is a completely new awesome experience compared to 16:9, so I may be gaming way more on my PC over my PS4 now than I originally anticipated.

I will get KSP at some point. I had the demo, got almost to the Mun, died, and gave up.

Nothing wrong with a gamepad for PC. I tend to use the keyboard/mouse most often, but it depends on the type of game really. FPS, ARPG, RTS, MMO.. But almost everything else I use the gamepad for.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote