follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep

Old 09-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Drives: Supra
Thanked 2,181 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Lexus LF-CC / RC350 & RC-F

Press Release

Quote:
World Premiere of the Lexus LF-CC Concept Car at the 2012 Paris Motor Show

LF-CC displays the latest evolution of the L-finesse design language and signature spindle grille, to be reflected in future Lexus D-Segment vehicles

* Announces the market launch of a mid-size coupe in the near future

Features a new 2.5 litre full hybrid powertrain with class-leading CO2 emissions, which will be introduced soon in the Lexus model range
Following the unveiling of Lexus’ award-winning hybrid 2+2 sports coupe concept, the LF-LC at the 2012 Detroit Motor Show and its European debut at the Geneva Motor Show, a new, mid-sized coupe concept, the LF-CC makes its World Premiere at the 2012 Paris Motor Show.

The more compact, rear-wheel drive, full hybrid LF-CC already integrates various design cues from the LF-LC; a first illustration of how concept cars are truly influencing future Lexus models and, in this instance, future D-Segment derivatives.

Announcing the launch of a premium mid-sized coupe in the more accessible D-segment in the near future, the LF-CC reinforces Lexus’ commitment to create more engaging, inspirational vehicles through attractive design, a superior driving experience and advanced technologies.

EXTERIOR DESIGN

The LF-CC showcases the latest evolution of the company’s unique L-finesse design language, with the boldest yet interpretation of the signature Lexus ‘spindle’ grille. Framed by the bonnet lip, deep lower spoiler and powerfully projecting front fender tips, the grille mesh is encased in a deep, metal- finish surround and takes on a pronounced, 3D form.

A unique, 3 LED-projector headlamp design is housed in the narrow gap between the lower and upper fender surfaces, without a conventional, one-piece cover. Independent Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) are fully integrated into the upper bumper surface to complete this unique new design.

The broad lower fenders are aerodynamically sculpted to manage the flow of air to the engine bay and front brakes, whilst reinforcing the powerful, dynamic road presence of the new Lexus signature frontal design.

In profile, the powerful convex curve of the bonnet flows seamlessly through a steeply raked windscreen into a roofline which deliberately peaks towards the rear of the cabin to emphasise the traction available from the vehicle’s rear-wheel drive powertrain.

The bodywork is stretched tight between the front and rear fenders, and the rear fender is less pronounced than that of the front, reinforcing the concentration of vehicle weight over the driven wheels for maximum traction.

Further developing a design form initiated on the LF-LC concept and the high-performance LFA, the sharply sculpted form of an airflow regulating fin flows from underneath the side of the car and upwards through the rear wheel arch. This aerodynamic detail is designed to increase downforce over the driven wheels, further improving traction.

The airflow regulating fin merges with the falling roofline in a pronounced rear spoiler integrated within the boot lid, seamlessly fusing design and aerodynamic elements to give the vehicle its distinctive, coupe proportions.

To the rear, the full width bumper flows into the rear wheel arches to emphasise the LF-CC’s broad, powerful stance. Lexus-characteristic L-shaped combination lamps feature a layered, strongly three- dimensional design, and the lower, concave bumper section incorporates a full width spoiler to further enhance rear-wheel drive traction. The rear stop lamp is nicely integrated into the shark antenna.

The LF-CC is finished in a new, ‘Fluid Titanium’ exterior colour, a metallic finish with exceptionally high brilliance which combines sharp, bright highlighting with dark shaded surfaces to reinforce the powerful forms of the bodywork’s sculpted surfaces.

INTERIOR DESIGN

The LF-CC’s interior hints at the progressive luxury of a future Lexus model cabin layout, and represents a further development of the company’s HMI (Human Machine Interface) design philosophy.

The dashboard is divided into two distinct zones: an upper, Display Zone, with a multi-display screen located at an ideal distance for at-a-glance viewing, and a lower, Operation Zone, which allows access to the uniquely designed shift lever and an innovative touch tracer display for remote system control.

This clear division of zones creates a unique fusion of an airy, spacious cabin and a sporting cockpit which places the emphasis on a snug, highly focused driving environment. All functional driving components are consolidated in the driver’s seat surroundings, combining outstanding ergonomics with advanced HMI technologies.
The driver benefits from a low, highly focused driving position with a sporting, wide grip steering wheel, optimum pedal placement and high-visibility instrument dials. The touch tracer display for remote system control is located directly behind the shift lever for maximum comfort and ease of operation.

Coordinating with the ‘Fluid Titanium’ exterior colour, the seats, door panels and instrument binnacle hood are trimmed in a warm, elegant amber leather finish. The extensive use of metallic finishes and soft touch materials throughout reinforces the premium quality of the environment. The contrast between the exterior and interior colour schemes gives the car an elegant yet simultaneously sporting image.

ALL-NEW 2.5 LITRE FULL HYBRID POWERTRAIN

Representing a new Lexus powertrain for future production, the LF-CC is equipped with an all-new, highly efficient, 2.5 litre full hybrid powertrain delivering a combination of the engaging performance appropriate to a sporting, D-segment coupe and low CO2 emissions, targeted below 100 g/km. This powertrain will achieve class-leading energy efficiency, with more than 2 hp produced per gram of CO2.

This Lexus Hybrid Drive powertrain features an all-new, ultra-smooth running, 2.5 litre 4-cylinder petrol engine mated to a compact, high-output, water-cooled permanent magnet electric motor.

In addition to the petrol engine and electric motor, the LF-CC hybrid drive system further comprises a generator, a high-performance battery, a power split device which, via planetary reduction gears, combines and re-allocates power from the engine, electric motor and generator according to operational requirements, and a compact power control unit to govern the high speed interaction of the system components.

Adapted specifically for the hybrid powertrain, the all-new 2.5 litre, DOHC, 4-cylinder petrol engine benefits from several technical improvements. It adopts the Atkinson cycle and D-4S direct injection technology to optimise both the power and fuel-efficiency benefits of Lexus Hybrid Drive.

Lexus will introduce this new hybrid powertrain into its model range in the near future.

Lexus at the 2012 Paris Motor Show

Besides the world premiere of the new LF-CC, Lexus will also display the all-new LS 600h F SPORT in Western European premiere. The new LS flagship sedan reflects the bolder Lexus exterior and interior design direction, and brings enhanced driving dynamics, world-leading refinement, luxury and innovative advanced technology.

Introduced by Paul Van der Burgh, Director Lexus Europe, the Lexus Press Conference will be held at 8.45 AM CET on September 27 (hall 4, stand 120).

Last edited by vh_supra26; 05-17-2023 at 06:18 PM.
vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Does anyone else here thinks the new LF-CC looks a little FR-Sish?

Old 09-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It's stunning. Love the concept, but hope the taillight will look better in production.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Did anyone else notice the third brake light on the shark fin antenna?? Our 86/GT86/FR-S/BRZ should of had those...

The front of the car kind of reminds me of my electric shaver... lol

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaJo For This Useful Post:
DIG1992 (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
DIG1992

Drives: 2002 Acura TL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looks like a winner to me
DIG1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
Asterisked Accolade
Pedals over Paddles.

Drives: Celica GT-S | 89 Supra | 07' Accent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Does anyone else find the grille nauseating?

2002 Celica GT-S Track Car | 1989 Supra Track Car | 2007 Hyundai Accent AutoX | 2003 Cadillac CTS Daily
Asterisked Accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #7
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisked Accolade View Post
Does anyone else find the grille nauseating?
Reminds me of cleft lip or whatever it's called...
Otherwise, it's rather stunning. I like the aero touches on the back, significant side taper on the trunk makes an aero nerd like me happy From the side it looks great, 45 degree angle looking at the front is okay, straight on is ew.

However the whole thing is a bit too big looking for my taste. The greenhouse sits completely above that line from hood to rear, I like a low slung look like the FRS, where the bottom of the windows sit below where the rear glass meets the trunk.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
Asterisked Accolade
Pedals over Paddles.

Drives: Celica GT-S | 89 Supra | 07' Accent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Reminds me of cleft lip or whatever it's called...
Otherwise, it's rather stunning. I like the aero touches on the back, significant side taper on the trunk makes an aero nerd like me happy From the side it looks great, 45 degree angle looking at the front is okay, straight on is ew.

However the whole thing is a bit too big looking for my taste. The greenhouse sits completely above that line from hood to rear, I like a low slung look like the FRS, where the bottom of the windows sit below where the rear glass meets the trunk.
Honestly, aside from the grille and the Baghdad Beige interior, i like it a lot.

2002 Celica GT-S Track Car | 1989 Supra Track Car | 2007 Hyundai Accent AutoX | 2003 Cadillac CTS Daily
Asterisked Accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #9
quik1987

Drives: Bugatti Veyron
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
IS Coupe? Took long enough.
quik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #10
madfast

Drives: 2010 Evo X MR-T
i'd love to see a IS450h with the 3.5L V6 hybrid system from the GS450h...
madfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Actually now that I'm looking at the back end again, I feel like I disagree with the styling. I kinda wish they blended that crease along the side in by the time it hit the rear for a more natural look. Also I wish the taillights wrapped around the side a bit more like the MB E class.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #12
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Speculating on the New Lexus LF-CC Hybrid Engine

Quote:
One of the more mysterious elements about the Lexus LF-CC is the 2.5L hybrid engine under the hood — the Paris press release reveals little:

[The new engine will be] appropriate to a sporting, D-segment coupe and low CO2 emissions, targeted below 100 g/km. This powertrain will achieve class-leading energy efficiency, with more than 2 hp produced per gram of CO2.

It adopts the Atkinson cycle and D-4S direct injection technology to optimise both the power and fuel-efficiency benefits of Lexus Hybrid Drive

Using these vague facts, My.IS administrator jruhi4 did some calculating (emphasis is mine):

The current port injection-only 2AR-FXE [engine from the ES 300h] is already producing the 200 total system horsepower…with D4-S injection boosting horsepower by just over 10% in the dual-injected 2GR-FSE 3.5-liter V6 versus its port injection-only 2GR-FE sibling, we suspect that total system horsepower for the new 2AR-FXE with D4S 2.5-liter 4-cylinder hybrid engine should be around 220-225 hp, a notion seconded by Lexus Enthusiast commentator MT.

When it was announced in June that a low-displacement hybrid powertrain for the GS would debut in Paris, I had assumed it would be a direct transplant of the 2.5L four-cylinder engine from the ES 300h — by adding D4S technology, this “new” hybrid engine gets a welcome boost that should push it past the 204-horsepower V6 engine in the current IS 250.

(While on the topic, I have to recommend the My.IS analysis of the LF-CC — very insightful.)
http://lexusenthusiast.com/
Old 09-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
skitso

Drives: a Car
lot of crazy styling cues which I like. Not a fan of the big grill or the interior lighting brightness.

Everything seems to be edgy in design minus the rear view mirror and the sun glasses holder/interior lights.
skitso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #14
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Lexus LF-CC Concept is a tidy, welcome look into brand's future [w/video]

Click here to view gallery

Quote:
Wider and lower than it appears in the press photos, the Lexus LF-CC concept is an exceptionally crisp evolution of Lexus' L-Finesse design language – in fact, once away from the oversized spindle grille, just following the lines of the coupe leads one to think of origami. The coupe takes pointers from the LF-LC concept shown earlier this way and is said to show the way to the aesthetics we'll see on the next-generation IS. Details like the front end that appears to be mostly intake, those uncovered LED headlights, Baroque mirrors and taillights will almost certainly disappear into the good night, but the overall body shape coated in Fluid Titanium hue is sleek, well defined and ready for the road.

Inside is Lexus' next stage in touchscreen interiors, the Human Machine Interface this time broken into an upper "Display Zone" and a lower "Operation Zone." That latter area contains a "touch tracer display" behind the shift lever where the driver can alter his environment with a fingertip.

Underhood is a 2.5-liter, direct-injected four-cylinder engine paired with an electric motor, further assisted by a generator, the whole system tied to a brain that optimizes where power comes from and where it goes. We don't know how much of the rest of the car we'll see, but Lexus says this hybrid powertrain will come to a production vehicle. Scroll below to watch a pair of videos and see the press release for more information.
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/27/l...is-2012-video/

Tags
:popcorn:, fugly, lexus, lexus is-f, rc-f, rcf, tagme, v-8, vossen