follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-08-2015, 09:03 AM   #57
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Lack of support could be a reason. I finally have up on rebuilding my GTS740L blower that ran dry and seized. Initially I ordered and paid for p/n 12002-AK001, realized it wasn't an L configuration. Sent request to TH Motorsports to cancel (within 2 business days). They kept leaving me on hold 15 minutes at a stretch until I called back blocki g my number. There never called or emailed several messages just to confirm right art number. They finally said my PayPal was credited back on Mon and I see it isn't!
Contacted another dealer showing a /n for the L type, double the price and includes the entire traction oil circuit replacement. He contacted HKS to confirm correct /n and request quickest turnaround under the circumstances, even if I have to pay extra, Rickspecd is the dealer. He's received no answers yet. It would be even better if they'd sell me the blower standalone.
It would be good if HKSUSA could intervene.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:02 AM   #58
HKSUSA

Drives: HKS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Lack of support could be a reason. I finally have up on rebuilding my GTS740L blower that ran dry and seized. Initially I ordered and paid for p/n 12002-AK001, realized it wasn't an L configuration. Sent request to TH Motorsports to cancel (within 2 business days). They kept leaving me on hold 15 minutes at a stretch until I called back blocki g my number. There never called or emailed several messages just to confirm right art number. They finally said my PayPal was credited back on Mon and I see it isn't!
Contacted another dealer showing a /n for the L type, double the price and includes the entire traction oil circuit replacement. He contacted HKS to confirm correct /n and request quickest turnaround under the circumstances, even if I have to pay extra, Rickspecd is the dealer. He's received no answers yet. It would be even better if they'd sell me the blower standalone.
It would be good if HKSUSA could intervene.
Please contact us directly at 855-800-7150. We want to help you get this taken care of.
HKSUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HKSUSA For This Useful Post:
JoeBoxer (07-08-2015)
Old 07-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #59
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
I will first thing tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:08 PM   #60
JoeBoxer

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 1,627 Times in 997 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSUSA View Post
Please contact us directly at 855-800-7150. We want to help you get this taken care of.
Thank you guys for helping out. Seeing this get taken care of would ease my mind on the support and service issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I will first thing tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.
Good luck and let me know how it turns out!
JoeBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #61
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoxer View Post
Thank you guys for helping out. Seeing this get taken care of would ease my mind on the support and service issue.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out!
I will!
Old 07-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #62
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Update: I spoke with Josh at HKS USA today and explained my situation, which he had already been informed of. I explained that the component failure is in no way their fault and I do like their product. My reporting my situation on this forum is in no way intended to slander HKS or discourage people from buying their products. Since it is their system I have installed in my vehicle and in this case it would be considered a vital component since I had paid a mechanic to install it and a professional tuner as well, I had no intention to remove it. However I am relying on them to provide me a replacement of this currently sold product, at my expense. Josh indicated be will get authorization to split a kit so I can receive a replacement blower sooner than the anticipated time estimate if ordered from Japan.
I sent him my contact info and hopefully he will send me info shortly to facilitate the replacement purchase from a retailer.
Also, if HKS reads this, please note that I was in fact the person who started the HKS supercharger owners thread with the intention to exchange positive experiences and helpful information within the community and hopefully encourage others to join our ranks with this quality product.

My only regret at this point aside from accidentally reversing the oil lines is that I wish I hadn't sent the blower to a so called rebuilder in Montreal only to have him cause more damage, quote me more than 3x the maximum anticipated cost to fix, and then demand payment for services rendered to open it and determine it wasn't practical for him to fix it. Hopefully I will receive the paperweight back from him in a few days for the low low negotiated cost of $244 incl shipping.

Last edited by wbradley; 07-30-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #63
HKSUSA

Drives: HKS
Glad Josh is going to try to help you by splitting up the kit. Hopefully we can get that sorted out for you.

Sorry you had so much trouble getting things straightened out. Hopefully everything works out and we're happy to have your business. Just remember you can always give us a call for any questions regarding HKS and we'll do our best to help you out!
HKSUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HKSUSA For This Useful Post:
JoeBoxer (07-10-2015), wbradley (07-09-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #64
Efferalgan

Drives: Toyota GT 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyoshi82 View Post
Hello, I'm just curious if anyone has dropped a HKS Supercharger into an automatic?
Hi! I did. There is no difference in installation apart from slightly different tubing on the back of the intake manifold (both options are described in the manual).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Stars View Post

Forgot to ask, was your dyno on 91?

From what I understand the "Fuel Upgrade kit" comes with injectors and a bigger restrictor plate (43mm)? How much cc is the Hks Injectors?

I'm hoping Hks sells the restrictor separately as I might just go with different injectors instead.
HKS "Fuel Upgrade Kit" are injectors which look 100% similar to the stock ones. The differences are 380cc (or 440cc depending on what pressure you are counting) capacity and green color of the plastic. Here is even a pic from the manual.
Attached Images

Efferalgan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Efferalgan For This Useful Post:
10Stars (07-13-2015)
Old 07-13-2015, 01:29 AM   #65
10Stars

Drives: 14 Subaru BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efferalgan View Post
Hi! I did. There is no difference in installation apart from slightly different tubing on the back of the intake manifold (both options are described in the manual).

HKS "Fuel Upgrade Kit" are injectors which look 100% similar to the stock ones. The differences are 380cc (or 440cc depending on what pressure you are counting) capacity and green color of the plastic. Here is even a pic from the manual.
Awesome so the 6at and the 6mt kits are interchangeable with each other. No difference in parts? Just making sure that if I purchase one I wont need a specific version.

Sorry Im a bit confused. So what cc injectors would I need to match the "Hks fuel upgrade kit"? Honestly does anyone know where to purchase this Hks fuel upgrade kit? I know it also comes with the 43mm restrictor so maybe i'll just stick with Hks upgrade it and be done with it.

Btw guys these might be useful:
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...-Radiator.aspx

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gwlNb2cSFc"]HKS GT Supercharger, CSF radiator - Scion Tuner Challenge 2014 Eps 4 - YouTube[/ame]

If anyone has the pdf install for the V2 GT Supercharger please post it.

Last edited by 10Stars; 07-13-2015 at 01:46 AM.
10Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 10Stars For This Useful Post:
CxG (08-03-2015)
Old 07-13-2015, 11:15 AM   #66
Lee

Drives: GT86
Stock injectors still work with the larger 43mm restrictor that comes in the 'fuel-up' kit, so save your money and get the standard 39mm restrictor that comes in the kit opened up to 43mm.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post:
10Stars (07-13-2015)
Old 07-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #67
brady86

Drives: 2013 firestorm fr-s
@Lee @10Stars seems like people are saying that stock fueling is good until 300whp dont know if thats mustang or dynojet dyno but it seems like this kit wont come anywhere near that unless the restriction is not there anymore. That being said i would get injectors and maybe fuel pump to if i was near that number just to be safe feel free to correct me if i am wrong im just trying to help as best as i can.
brady86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brady86 For This Useful Post:
10Stars (07-14-2015)
Old 07-13-2015, 05:12 PM   #68
Lee

Drives: GT86
The fuel pump will run out before the injectors, I wouldnt really want to go any larger on teh restrictor with the stock fueling set up.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post:
10Stars (07-14-2015)
Old 07-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #69
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
I had my car tuned without any restrictor using stock fuel setup for 275 WHP at 7000 RPM with 93 octane. However my peak boost is showing 9 PSI and there is a possibility the peak boost was lower than normal as the unit I had might have been tampered with and the impeller looked like it had rubbed so a new unit might boost slightly higher with stock pulley.AFR still ran rich at the top end.
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
10Stars (07-14-2015)
Old 07-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #70
Efferalgan

Drives: Toyota GT 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Stars View Post
Awesome so the 6at and the 6mt kits are interchangeable with each other. No difference in parts? Just making sure that if I purchase one I wont need a specific version.

Sorry Im a bit confused. So what cc injectors would I need to match the "Hks fuel upgrade kit"? Honestly does anyone know where to purchase this Hks fuel upgrade kit? I know it also comes with the 43mm restrictor so maybe i'll just stick with Hks upgrade it and be done with it.

Btw guys these might be useful:
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...-Radiator.aspx

If anyone has the pdf install for the V2 GT Supercharger please post it.
There is one kit which fits any transmission. Same for the oil cooler. Disregard the "not tested with AT" statement, it's just a disclaimer. There is simply "0" difference in the area where the cooler is installed.

"HKS fuel upgrade kit" = HKS Injectors + 43mm restrictor plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
The fuel pump will run out before the injectors, I wouldnt really want to go any larger on teh restrictor with the stock fueling set up.
Nope. Fuel pump is fine for the HKS ones. And on stock injectors you won't reach the maximum of this SC even w/o a restrictor. Injectors upgrade (to HKS or any other larger injectors) is needed to do it. If you build the engine, use smaller pulley and planning to reach the 350 whp mark - you'd better get a new pump. For 300 whp the stock one is OK.
Efferalgan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Efferalgan For This Useful Post:
10Stars (07-14-2015)