follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2018, 09:39 PM   #1
Don_Key_Sho

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
exhaust replacement hardware?

Now I have all the components.. cat back, Catted UEL, and overpipe.
I also have ALL gaskets and some Perrin hangers. what I may need are the exhaust tension springs... most places around me don't carry them....but I heard that a 08 to 12 camry or corolla use them. does anybody know if this is true? I may not need them. but if I do, I don't want the guy doing my install, to go ordering them and holding up a two-hour job two days! I wanna drive Tomorrow when I get off work!

by the way, this is the factory part number I'm talking about: SU00301115
Don_Key_Sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:01 PM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,877 Times in 16,444 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Hi Don_Key_Sho and welcome to the group .....

I suggest you call the parts department at your local dealer first thing in the morning and ask them.

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:12 PM   #3
Don_Key_Sho

did that...they will order....only comes with bolts.....and won't be there until Monday.....
Old 04-13-2018, 11:13 PM   #4
NRXRaptor

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
will the springs from the stock catback not work for some reason?
NRXRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:38 PM   #5
KMA KiCKz
Certified Wumbologist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I think you can order the springs themselves from subaruparts.com
KMA KiCKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:18 PM   #6
Don_Key_Sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRXRaptor View Post
will the springs from the stock catback not work for some reason?
Sorry, a little history about the car will help, bought a 2015 FRS for 8000, the previous owner.....thought he was a drifter/tuner, found out he was a crasher/hack....aftermarket exhaust was made for south Asian market and was cheap to begin with...A LOT of converting was done(hack job).springs were missing. so I grabbed all the new parts header, overpipe, cat back system, and gaskets. forgot the mid pipe springs..(Catback had bolts no springs, Was supposed to use old ones).I dropped the car off Saturday at a shop I trust to get work done. forgot to get springs.I knew that the local part shops around me had jack....(Bet if it was my Mustang they would pull them out of thier...well you know.) local dealer would have to order...needed the car Saturday...You can see where this was going. well, that's all redundant now ... that shop had some other hardware kit lying about, and finished it! said the springs he used worked great ...and after driving it later...OMG its a different car now!
sorry for throwing my question out there, and not clarifying the how and why...was looking for a shortcut.
The Following User Says Thank You to Don_Key_Sho For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 02:44 AM   #7
NRXRaptor

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Key_Sho View Post
Sorry, a little history about the car will help, bought a 2015 FRS for 8000, the previous owner.....thought he was a drifter/tuner, found out he was a crasher/hack....aftermarket exhaust was made for south Asian market and was cheap to begin with...A LOT of converting was done(hack job).springs were missing. so I grabbed all the new parts header, overpipe, cat back system, and gaskets. forgot the mid pipe springs..(Catback had bolts no springs, Was supposed to use old ones).I dropped the car off Saturday at a shop I trust to get work done. forgot to get springs.I knew that the local part shops around me had jack....(Bet if it was my Mustang they would pull them out of thier...well you know.) local dealer would have to order...needed the car Saturday...You can see where this was going. well, that's all redundant now ... that shop had some other hardware kit lying about, and finished it! said the springs he used worked great ...and after driving it later...OMG its a different car now!
sorry for throwing my question out there, and not clarifying the how and why...was looking for a shortcut.
interesting. I think it doesn't really matter which springs go in there so long as they fit and aren't too weak or too strong. I don't think this is something you should loose sleep over
NRXRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote