follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-14-2019, 12:56 AM   #43
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianBRZ View Post
Haha
Nah he looks like a bogan and a fight would probably ensue. car has obviously had some mods and its probably faster than mine cause its stock and im not wrecking my warranty. As soon as i mention i own a brz he would say do this do that ect.
Its an attention seeking thing really, to each there own.
I am all in favour of "to each their own" but when their "own" interferes with my "each" I lose patience. The asshats around my neighbourhood will sit and rev the crap out of their cars for 10 minutes at a time or drive around and around the block at red line just to have continuous pops. It is not unusual for the streets to sound like a war zone (and yes I have been in a war zone) for 10 or 15 minutes at a time. That is no longer "their own". The other really sad part is that they have taken what were fast cars and tuned them out so badly that I could probably kick their ass in my stock FRS.
soundman98 (09-14-2019), Tristor (09-14-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 03:45 AM   #44
AdrianBRZ

Drives: My 2018 wrc blue BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat
I am all in favour of "to each their own" but when their "own" interferes with my "each" I lose patience. The asshats around my neighbourhood will sit and rev the crap out of their cars for 10 minutes at a time or drive around and around the block at red line just to have continuous pops. It is not unusual for the streets to sound like a war zone (and yes I have been in a war zone) for 10 or 15 minutes at a time. That is no longer "their own". The other really sad part is that they have taken what were fast cars and tuned them out so badly that I could probably kick their ass in my stock FRS.
I completely agree its stupid and unnecessary and it is a pain when your just trying to relax at home.
Most of our problem in Australia is idiots with v8 holden utes making ALOT of noise or idiots doing the old key banger trick.
Ha good to know it probably makes him slower, he must have eaten lead paint as a kid.
The police should take a firmer stand on noise coming from your car, im mean they can be pretty strict here in Australia. We have quite a strict anti hoon policy.
AdrianBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote