follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 07-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #57
rennlistuser3

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OP here

This thread is getting derailed rapidly.

From now on, I'm absolutely ignoring any irrelevant comment to the thread.

If you have any personal issues with me, PM please. I don't believe these threads are for this purpose. People read these threads long after they're closed and personal attacks are just noise you usually skip through to read the real arguments.

If you want to discuss the topic of how your vehicle solicited different responses from other drivers (which is a very interesting topic in itself), start a new thread on that (or I will if this topic keeps on getting dragged)

Stick to FT86 Vs. Mustang GT or closely related discussion please.

Thanks everyone.
rennlistuser3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:17 PM   #58
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennlistuser3 View Post
whatever

I'm not going to repeat myself, if you have any personal arguments to make you're always way more than welcome to PM me at anytime.

Else, I'm sticking to replying to posts that are relevant to the thread.
It's like you're not reading what he's saying.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:55 PM   #59
korhun
Database error

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 1,657 Times in 614 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I had an argument with a taxi driver. I thought that I'm 100% right, and he is an ass. I shouted at him, and even make myself to be ready to get into a fight. (I have never ever been in one in my life; yes its a bad thing.. whatever) He looked at me and said sorry, like this:

His hand just made me shut up. After a while I start to think: "could I be wrong?" Then I reached my destination. Parked. Then think... I was the one who is wrong. Clearly. And he said sorry to me, and smiled to me. I felt really bad, and wished to take back my actions to him.

I think, showing that "I'm sorry hand" even if you were 100% right, solves many problems in the traffic.
korhun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to korhun For This Useful Post:
James H (07-16-2019), Tcoat (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #60
rennlistuser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
It's like you're not reading what he's saying.
I added you to my ignore list

Just a heads up for any future replies coming from you.

Non of your posts on this thread were particularly useful at all and a lot were personal attacks calling people stupid and whatnot. I typically don't respond to such posts cause moderates delete them anyway but I see your posts are still here.

The ignore list is the easy way to deal with this.

have a nice day.
The Following User Says Thank You to rennlistuser3 For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 04:25 PM   #61
James H

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by korhun View Post
I had an argument with a taxi driver. I thought that I'm 100% right, and he is an ass. I shouted at him, and even make myself to be ready to get into a fight. (I have never ever been in one in my life; yes its a bad thing.. whatever) He looked at me and said sorry, like this:

His hand just made me shut up. After a while I start to think: "could I be wrong?" Then I reached my destination. Parked. Then think... I was the one who is wrong. Clearly. And he said sorry to me, and smiled to me. I felt really bad, and wished to take back my actions to him.

I think, showing that "I'm sorry hand" even if you were 100% right, solves many problems in the traffic.

100% agree! In these situation, if only one side is able to keep a cool head and de-escalate it can save a lot of trouble for both parties. I know a guy who is a karate black belt and he did the same thing when another driver tried to pick a fight. When you look back, its almost never worth it. From a bystander's point, its' just so childish. I remember seeing two drivers trying to run each other into the guardrail while everyone else look in awe and think what idiots.
James H is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to James H For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 08:48 PM   #62
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
whatever

I'm not going to repeat myself, if you have any personal arguments to make you're always way more than welcome to PM me at anytime.

Else, I'm sticking to replying to posts that are relevant to the thread.
You keep saying that yet you keep replying. I am sorry I hurt your little snowflake feelings by pointing out you were in the wrong section and that expensive toys are expensive. You act like I kicked your fucking puppy or something. This is relevant to this thread in reference to your little passive aggressive rant at the end of YOUR original post. Now you want to hide in PMs? Not a chance.
Vic4uf (10-08-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 09:02 PM   #63
rennlistuser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
You keep saying that yet you keep replying. I am sorry I hurt your little snowflake feelings by pointing out you were in the wrong section and that expensive toys are expensive. You act like I kicked your fucking puppy or something. This is relevant to this thread in reference to your little passive aggressive rant at the end of YOUR original post. Now you want to hide in PMs? Not a chance.
Not hiding in PMs. Personal matters are thread derailing. Simple as that.

The rant at the end was generic aimed at everyone, but it seemed to have struck a special cord with you specifically. I wonder why is that

have fun
Old 07-16-2019, 10:08 PM   #64
NCtoBRZ

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I considered a Mustang GT back when I purchased my BRZ and I spent a good amount of time test driving both cars (as well as the ND Miata since I have owned and enjoyed a couple of Miatas before). My experience with the Mustang closely matched your review. The sound of the engine was definitely the highlight of the Mustang experience, it made me grin every time I mashed the go-pedal. Beyond that though, I was mostly underwhelmed by the Stang. The size and weight of it was definitely noticeable and the steering was nowhere near as responsive as the BRZ. The Mustang is undoubtedly much faster than the BRZ, but it did not FEEL nearly as fast as I expected 435 horsepower to feel even with the shorter final drive of the performance package. I primarily drive my BRZ on backroads on the weekend and I think it is the more engaging drive for that purpose.
NCtoBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:18 PM   #65
rennlistuser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtoBRZ View Post
I considered a Mustang GT back when I purchased my BRZ and I spent a good amount of time test driving both cars (as well as the ND Miata since I have owned and enjoyed a couple of Miatas before). My experience with the Mustang closely matched your review. The sound of the engine was definitely the highlight of the Mustang experience, it made me grin every time I mashed the go-pedal. Beyond that though, I was mostly underwhelmed by the Stang. The size and weight of it was definitely noticeable and the steering was nowhere near as responsive as the BRZ. The Mustang is undoubtedly much faster than the BRZ, but it did not FEEL nearly as fast as I expected 435 horsepower to feel even with the shorter final drive of the performance package. I primarily drive my BRZ on backroads on the weekend and I think it is the more engaging drive for that purpose.
What do you mean by "good amount of time test driving"? you mean like with dealers and whatnot? or say a friend's car?
Old 07-16-2019, 10:29 PM   #66
NCtoBRZ

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
What do you mean by "good amount of time test driving"? you mean like with dealers and whatnot? or say a friend's car?
I mean a very cool local dealership that let me test drive the car without a salesperson for as long as I wanted. If I ever were inclined to buy a Ford, it would definitely be from them. I do have friends with GTs as well, but I wouldn’t expect them to allow me the freedom in a test drive that the dealership did.
NCtoBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:47 PM   #67
rennlistuser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtoBRZ View Post
I mean a very cool local dealership that let me test drive the car without a salesperson for as long as I wanted. If I ever were inclined to buy a Ford, it would definitely be from them. I do have friends with GTs as well, but I wouldn’t expect them to allow me the freedom in a test drive that the dealership did.
Oh I see

well thanks for reassuring my thoughts. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

I just finished getting the numbers in for the increase in insurance and gas for myself if I ever got that particular Mustang GT. It rounds up to around 20 USD/month increase for insurance (measly really) and about 50 USD/month increase for gas.

Honestly this Mustang GT is not a bad proposition at all. The BRZ just edges it out for me. If the BRZ did not exist, I would have a lot of contemplating to do.