follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 07-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #15
JM9ISM

Drives: 2014 BRZ WRB LTD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WOW! Amazing build.

I really like how your car looks with those rims!
JM9ISM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #16
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleggera View Post
ahhh, that's annoying. Keep up teh good work though, the car is looking great
Yeah, The Last Frontier has it out for anything new and bold for sure! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM9ISM View Post
WOW! Amazing build.

I really like how your car looks with those rims!
Appreciate it! It's been a very gradual climb.

The wheels are probably my favorite mod! It's a close race with the clear TOM'S taillights and JDM GT-86 steering wheel!
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #17
trd_kid
13anned.

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I logged into nasioc for the first time in forever the to other day and thought to myself why isn't this on ft86 club!

This car is beautiful and represents the KISS method to me, so much attention to small details while retaining the original spirit of the car!
trd_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trd_kid For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #18
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Thanks! I've received a lot of input from friends and other members on a lot of my mods. Even from random members just passing through. I love getting input from everyone because in my world, a vehicle is a shared experience. I get to drive it all the time, but YOU have to look at it. So then I ask, "What would you like to see?" Then I consider your input and work on a compromise if I feel as though it stretches beyond what I would consider "good taste".

Like when someone wants me to paint my calipers a random color. That's totally not my style, but I do agree that the calipers need to be addressed, which they will be eventually.

I'm trying to work out how to get rid of the silver in the interior while not making the interior look like a cave by replacing everything with the flat black pieces. Even painted a gloss black seems like it would be a bit much. I've considered at least wrapping the center dash in red/black carbon fiber or just getting black carbon fiber wrap (or 2015 replacements) to just break it up a little.

(Black pieces made it dark)

New calipers, exhaust, coil overs, more leather inside (replace seat Alcantara and wrap center console), sub/amp, new 200mm HU, then I'll be "happy". haha

Last edited by chanomatik; 07-24-2014 at 05:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to chanomatik For This Useful Post:
trd_kid (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #19
2point0

Drives: '13 BRZ Ltd WRB
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Bad Wolf!

I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...
2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2point0 For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #20
JasperNoone
Banned

Drives: Car
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You should put your manual in Sport, it decreases the space between ratios making them even shorter!
JasperNoone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JasperNoone For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (07-24-2014), Choco (01-22-2015)
Old 07-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #21
2point0

Drives: '13 BRZ Ltd WRB
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperNoone View Post
You should put your manual in Sport, it decreases the space between ratios making them even shorter!
2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2point0 For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 09:01 PM   #22
AKBrrrrrrrrZ

Drives: 02 Celica GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
haha The fact that you haven't seen my side mirrors means you've gone too far underground!

I'm loving the side mirrors. They're not overly bright and I think they make the car look like a true Limited. I couldn't tap in the driver side puddle light connection tightly enough, so it fell out a while ago. Also my dome light doesn't automatically come on after I open the door. I need to get my wire guys to clean it up, but I've been spending my time and money on other projects. It'll probably be a mid-winter project.
Yea Grad school robs me of a life. I'm glad you're liking the mirrors I think they look perfect on your car and the overall theme you have going. I was bummed to see your post that your leaving Anchorage, as I am seriously considering moving there after I graduate and I wanted to see this beauty in person. But I hear you about the winters being rough.
AKBrrrrrrrrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:35 AM   #23
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBrrrrrrrrZ View Post
Yea Grad school robs me of a life. I'm glad you're liking the mirrors I think they look perfect on your car and the overall theme you have going. I was bummed to see your post that your leaving Anchorage, as I am seriously considering moving there after I graduate and I wanted to see this beauty in person. But I hear you about the winters being rough.
I like the winters, mostly. I just don't like how long they are or how other people drive during it. Also there's less road because there's more snow. Less visibility too and more gravel being kicked up on the car. haha I know, makes it sound like I hate it, but I actually think winter is beautiful, plus I don't get allergies in the winter and I find it's easier to dress in layers than it is to undress just short of being butt naked to keep cool.

I'm not sure where you're at, but I'm going to assume Fairbanks? I plan on making a visit up there sometime before I leave since I haven't taken the BRZ up there yet. I've only been as far as Tok, then east to Canada. I might make a run up there late September.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:58 AM   #24
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
I applaud fact there is any kind of car scene up there. Been to Alaska a few times as well it's close and pretty much mirrors where I live now only your winters are so much longer I can't imagine lol.

Kudos for just keep on keeping on as Joe Dirt said.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:07 AM   #25
AKBrrrrrrrrZ

Drives: 02 Celica GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
I like the winters, mostly. I just don't like how long they are or how other people drive during it. Also there's less road because there's more snow. Less visibility too and more gravel being kicked up on the car. haha I know, makes it sound like I hate it, but I actually think winter is beautiful, plus I don't get allergies in the winter and I find it's easier to dress in layers than it is to undress just short of being butt naked to keep cool.

I'm not sure where you're at, but I'm going to assume Fairbanks? I plan on making a visit up there sometime before I leave since I haven't taken the BRZ up there yet. I've only been as far as Tok, then east to Canada. I might make a run up there late September.
I agree about the layers part so much haha. If I was in Fairbanks I would've knocked your door down months ago to get a look at Rinzler. I'm actually from Haines in SE AK. It's a neat little town and I would suggest driving there and taking the ferry to Seattle if you go down south that way but I saw you were just going to cut east. I haven't been home for more than a month in years due to undergrad and grad school hence why I haven't hit you up on pm to see you're awesome build. I'm currently in Vegas for grad school and it sucks. So hot all the time and nothing you can do about it except A/C. Alaska is a special place not many people ever get to enjoy or understand how amazing it is and I am stoked you've taken Rinzler around that beautiful state. Hopefully I'll be able to follow your lead in a couple years with my own BRZ. But anyways. What's next on the list of modddzzzzz yooooo
AKBrrrrrrrrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AKBrrrrrrrrZ For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (08-11-2014)
Old 08-08-2014, 01:07 AM   #26
yospeed

Drives: Coming Soon
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Epic build so far, and even more epic photos! Love the macro shot the most.
yospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yospeed For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #27
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I applaud fact there is any kind of car scene up there. Been to Alaska a few times as well it's close and pretty much mirrors where I live now only your winters are so much longer I can't imagine lol.

Kudos for just keep on keeping on as Joe Dirt said.
Haha Thanks! Yeah, Alaska isn't nice to nice-looking things. My car isn't even kept in the garage, but I do hide it under a car port tent from Costco. It's the second one this year since the first one got blown away from heavy winds! hahaha It's been raining at night and clearing up in the mornings this past week, so my car still looks somewhat clean, which is kinda cool. Usually August is super rainy, but it's only been light drizzles.

I wish the car scene was bigger up here for FT-86, plus more organized, but oh well. Pretty scene I'll be down there and part of the scene in other places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBrrrrrrrrZ View Post
I agree about the layers part so much haha. If I was in Fairbanks I would've knocked your door down months ago to get a look at Rinzler. I'm actually from Haines in SE AK. It's a neat little town and I would suggest driving there and taking the ferry to Seattle if you go down south that way but I saw you were just going to cut east. I haven't been home for more than a month in years due to undergrad and grad school hence why I haven't hit you up on pm to see you're awesome build. I'm currently in Vegas for grad school and it sucks. So hot all the time and nothing you can do about it except A/C. Alaska is a special place not many people ever get to enjoy or understand how amazing it is and I am stoked you've taken Rinzler around that beautiful state. Hopefully I'll be able to follow your lead in a couple years with my own BRZ. But anyways. What's next on the list of modddzzzzz yooooo
Someone just suggested I ferry around the Southeast on my way out. Might be kinda cool, actually! I've always wanted to visit down there. If you'll be in Vegas early May of 2015 I might hit you up as I pass through there. I'm not 100% sure on my route to Jersey. Gonna have my mom drive down with me and maybe another friend. Plans are up in the air right now.

I've been thinking that my next mod should be paying my guys to fix the wiring in my car. I'm gonna get the genuine Subaru footwell illumination kit. I don't think my LED mirrors are working and my dome light hasn't come when approaching or unlocking the door for maybe 6 months or more. I've just been too busy to worry about all the wiring, but now I'm thinking I want it all cleaned up.

I'm also heavily considering yellow HID fog lights from Diode Dynamics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yospeed View Post
Epic build so far, and even more epic photos! Love the macro shot the most.
Thank you! I appreciate your contribution to it! Gonna have a buddy paint some of the pieces you sent me. It should look pretty good!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #28
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

So I totally forgot I had a video of my buddy hooning my BRZ on stock WRX wheels and tires shortly after I bought the car. Good times!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chanom...57631858351672