follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook. Interested in the FT-1? Check out FT1Club
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
86SPEED
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2017, 03:46 AM   #29
churchx
Senior Member
 
churchx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Drives: 2014 orange GT86
Location: Latvia, Riga
Posts: 2,024
Thanks: 193
Thanked 777 Times in 559 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
nico rsx: this or something similar self-assembled, no?
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:18 PM   #30
nico_rsx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: BRZ 2017 Pure Red, MT
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 123
Thanks: 46
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
nico rsx: this or something similar self-assembled, no?
Yes, I think something like this would be required, but when people talk about lowering their BRZ and changing the LCA, I've never heard them talk about changing that part. Only that the LCA need to have the mount for the sensor. Maybe the rod is already adjustable on our car. I haven't look.
nico_rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:41 PM   #31
mav1178
Senior Member
 
mav1178's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Location: 91745
Posts: 5,788
Thanks: 468
Thanked 5,119 Times in 2,578 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007BRZ View Post
Well, I guess I was too technical in what I wrote. I will take that bet! If the rear camber arms you buy DO NOT have a bracket for the headlight sensor, You all have a problem in Houston. That's why my comment on the Verus arms ( See pictures)
No, you were not too technical in what you wrote.

What you wrote (Performance Package, "Brembos") had nothing to do with the auto headlight issue.

Perhaps next time word your post properly, something like "The 2017 Performance Package requires specific arms for use with the auto headlight level adjuster."
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
Cole (11-25-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #32
mav1178
Senior Member
 
mav1178's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Location: 91745
Posts: 5,788
Thanks: 468
Thanked 5,119 Times in 2,578 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico_rsx View Post
Yes, I think something like this would be required, but when people talk about lowering their BRZ and changing the LCA, I've never heard them talk about changing that part. Only that the LCA need to have the mount for the sensor. Maybe the rod is already adjustable on our car. I haven't look.
Most other systems for auto level headlights reset the sensor when you start the car.

This way, the headlight can compensate for a loaded trunk vs an empty trunk.

The only issue I can think of is if the car is lowered past the adjustment range of the sensor or the movement of the rod. Then you might run out of room for the rod to provide sensor feedback.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #33
Tcoat
White Knight Squad
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 42,634
Thanks: 38,883
Thanked 58,393 Times in 26,284 Posts
Mentioned: 1606 Post(s)
Tagged: 48 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
No, you were not too technical in what you wrote.

What you wrote (Performance Package, "Brembos") had nothing to do with the auto headlight issue.

Perhaps next time word your post properly, something like "The 2017 Performance Package requires specific arms for use with the auto headlight level adjuster."

More like this: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123568
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
mav1178 (11-26-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 12:07 AM   #34
nico_rsx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: BRZ 2017 Pure Red, MT
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 123
Thanks: 46
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Most other systems for auto level headlights reset the sensor when you start the car.

This way, the headlight can compensate for a loaded trunk vs an empty trunk.

The only issue I can think of is if the car is lowered past the adjustment range of the sensor or the movement of the rod. Then you might run out of room for the rod to provide sensor feedback.
What I'm thinking is that lowering the car has the same effect as loading the trunk, because it probably change the angle on the LCA, so the headlight would compensate by pointing down because it's thinking the rear is more compressed than the front, but since your lowering also the front, the headlight end up pointing down.
This is all based on the assumption that lowering the car change the angle of the LCA. If not, what's the difference on the LCA between lowering the car and putting weight in the trunking?
nico_rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nico_rsx For This Useful Post:
wparsons (11-30-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #35
mjanmohammad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Drives: 2017 CWP BRZ Limited with PP
Location: Dallas
Posts: 386
Thanks: 65
Thanked 285 Times in 171 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico_rsx View Post
While we are on the subject, how can the level sensor continue to work with coil-overs? I mean even with aftermarket LCA, if you change the height of the car doesn't it change the angle of the LCA? If yes, then do you have a way to adjust the angle of the sensor according to the height you adjust the coilovers?
You can use the adjustment on the back of the headlight on a flat surface to adjust them back to center. There is an 8mm bolt you turn to manually adjust.

I had to do the same thing when I lowered my 17BRZ and got aftermarket LCA. worked like a charm, took 15 minutes, no need for additional parts.
__________________
mjanmohammad is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjanmohammad For This Useful Post:
nico_rsx (12-02-2017), wparsons (11-30-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 04:02 PM   #36
nico_rsx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: BRZ 2017 Pure Red, MT
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 123
Thanks: 46
Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjanmohammad View Post
You can use the adjustment on the back of the headlight on a flat surface to adjust them back to center. There is an 8mm bolt you turn to manually adjust.

I had to do the same thing when I lowered my 17BRZ and got aftermarket LCA. worked like a charm, took 15 minutes, no need for additional parts.
I hadn't thought about that, really interesting answer. I didn't know there was still a manual adjustement on the headlight. I'm guessing you have the automatic sensor adjustment on your BRZ?
What LCA did you use?

Thanks a lot
nico_rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:26 PM   #37
mjanmohammad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Drives: 2017 CWP BRZ Limited with PP
Location: Dallas
Posts: 386
Thanks: 65
Thanked 285 Times in 171 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico_rsx View Post
I hadn't thought about that, really interesting answer. I didn't know there was still a manual adjustement on the headlight. I'm guessing you have the automatic sensor adjustment on your BRZ?
What LCA did you use?

Thanks a lot
I'm using the Megan Racing LCA, they had a spot on them to attach the leveling sensor but they were pointed all wrong after the install. Adjusting the knob on the back of the headlights worked like a charm.
__________________
mjanmohammad is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjanmohammad For This Useful Post:
nico_rsx (12-02-2017), wparsons (12-04-2017)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 BRZ Performance Package DD Build mjanmohammad Member's Car Journals 149 12-12-2017 02:31 PM
2017 BRZ Performance Package C&D Lightning Lap lynk26 FR-S / BRZ vs.... 27 10-04-2017 05:49 PM
1slowbrz's 2017 wrb performance package 1slowbrz Member's Car Journals 3 05-20-2017 05:03 PM
WTB: OEM 2017 Performance package wheels mjanmohammad Want-To-Buy Requests 1 03-03-2017 03:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.