follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 03-28-2018, 09:31 AM   #71
bababooey

Drives: BRZ SWP Limited -6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddwvrd View Post
Whooops another revival. Im thinking of getting this headers too. My setup right now is perrin inlet hose, k&n air filter and borla axleback exhaust. Not that much of a mod I just wanted to get that rumble sound loll. Will the o2 spacer work without getting a tune?
cant confirm o2 spacers as I had oft before headers. be prepared financially to have a tuning solution if you purchase header.
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:53 AM   #72
kev0

Drives: '14
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have these same headers. Paired with my custom muffler delete, the car is now PLENTY loud. Cold starts are a bit too loud for my taste so I had it deleted with the new v4.02 tunes from OFT.

Welds were okay and fitment was a bit iffy but we got it to fit with no leaks. I bought new Grimmspeed gaskets for it since I heard the gaskets the headers came with sucked yeti cock.
kev0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:49 AM   #73
nawaf.zidane

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
Have these same headers. Paired with my custom muffler delete, the car is now PLENTY loud. Cold starts are a bit too loud for my taste so I had it deleted with the new v4.02 tunes from OFT.

Welds were okay and fitment was a bit iffy but we got it to fit with no leaks. I bought new Grimmspeed gaskets for it since I heard the gaskets the headers came with sucked yeti cock.
I'm about to do a custom muffler delete using 2.5" stainless steel, any heads-up or notes since you've done it before? Thanx

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
nawaf.zidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 09:58 AM   #74
ChaseTheFox

Drives: '90 LX 5.0L, '01 F-350 7.3L
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thread revival!

Soooo, thanks to all for the discussions on this header as it helped me make a choice to purchase it and i've got some conflicting thoughts but overall pleased. Thought i'd share even though as of very recently i'm no longer seeing this product on CNTs website.

First of all, i bought one Nov '22 and been running it since on both Stg 2+ and Stg 2+ E85 OFT tunes. 1st impressions similar to yours, decent welds, very poor packaging. Fit was excellent.

I noticed a significant amount of rasp and figured that was just additional air flowing and that signature boxer breathing sound. Nice rumble otherwise.

After some datalogging, it was brought to my attention that although my numbers looked good, I was getting some high FLKC readings, so a tuning guru on here suggested i look for anything rattling in the engine bay/exhaust that was tripping the knock sensors. Sure enough i found that with light tap from the mallet that two of the pipes were touching and likely the same happening under WOT high RPM, where my FLKC was going up.

To address this temporarily and see if this was affecting the knock sensors, i pried the two pipes apart enough to wedge a small piece of exhaust wrap in between them, which stopped the rattling. After this i logged the results and saw a difference in FLKC and significantly improved the IAM. It also significantly reduced the rasp in and outside the cabin, which apparently was actually some rattling from the pipes!

Anyway, maybe all moot since it appears to have been discontinued but thought i'd share. Anyone have a similar experience?
ChaseTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote