follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 03-05-2015, 01:26 AM   #15
Error

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by msugi07 View Post
Around 700
700 is in the normal range for idle, could you describe how it dies? Does the RPM's fluctuate at all? Or do they just decrease and die abruptly?

Edit: Is it similar to the video here? http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47600

Could be the same issue.
Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:46 AM   #16
Sugi

Drives: 2015 FR-S - Halo
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Error View Post
700 is in the normal range for idle, could you describe how it dies? Does the RPM's fluctuate at all? Or do they just decrease and die abruptly?

Edit: Is it similar to the video here? http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47600

Could be the same issue.
Thank you for that. Yes, my car is performing the same behavior.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #17
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by msugi07 View Post
Yea, tell me about it. I about had a heart attack at work. That's the second dealer I've had issues with. After this, I'm also going to cancel my extended warranty that I purchased.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/tracy-toyota-tracy

They don't have too good a review and they seem to be baiting there google reviews too. I wish service advisors were all actual car people and not total jerks looking to skimp on warranty services
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Sugi (03-06-2015)
Old 03-28-2015, 04:49 PM   #18
Sugi

Garage
Update -

Well guys, after a long process of taking my vehicle to the Tracy dealership on several different accounts, I have contacted Toyota to replace my vehicle. They have tried everything that they know of and I was finally advised to contact Toyota and open a case for replacing the vehicle. They have checked several times on the engine, disconnected/connected items, replaced parts and nothing seem to solve the problem of the idle issue. I’m hoping to get a call on Monday to start the process to lemon the car

I wanted to ask, would you guys get a replacement vehicle or go with something different? The wife wants me to look at a Lexus, but IDK. I have tons of parts that ordered that I haven’t even put on the car yet so if I like the car stock, I’m sure i’ll love it tuned. What do you guys think?
Old 03-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #19
Poodles

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Every mass produced car is going to have some lemons. It sucks you got one, but personally I'd try again.
Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Poodles For This Useful Post:
Sugi (03-28-2015)
Old 03-29-2015, 10:15 AM   #20
BRZnut

Drives: BRZ DGM Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
move on..too many posts about issues...come back in a few years when the bugs are worked out.
BRZnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #21
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
If you like the car, I would go with the same thing again. For every complaint you see here about problems with the car, what you don't see are posts from the tens of thousands of owners who have had no trouble from the car at all, because we have nothing to complain about. I'm 34K miles in with no issues. Someone posted a couple of days ago with more than 60K miles and no issues.

It's a complex machine with thousands of parts. Those parts are built in factories by machines with millions of parts, operated by people who are human. The parts (and the parts making up the machines that make them) are made from materials mined and refined or manufactured using machinery with yet more millions of parts. After making it through all this manufacturing process to a finished product, the cars are loaded onto other machines and moved through a fairly complex shipping process of loading and unloading and loading again and unloading again, being handled by humans and machines along the way. Then they finally get to your dealer, where they are prepped by humans, some of whom might not have even finished high school.

I find it astounding that any of these machines work at all, considering the multitude of opportunities for failure. A lemon here or there is not really a big deal. Return it. Get another one. Enjoy.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (03-29-2015)
Old 03-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #22
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugi View Post
Update -

Well guys, after a long process of taking my vehicle to the Tracy dealership on several different accounts, I have contacted Toyota to replace my vehicle. They have tried everything that they know of and I was finally advised to contact Toyota and open a case for replacing the vehicle. They have checked several times on the engine, disconnected/connected items, replaced parts and nothing seem to solve the problem of the idle issue. I’m hoping to get a call on Monday to start the process to lemon the car

I wanted to ask, would you guys get a replacement vehicle or go with something different? The wife wants me to look at a Lexus, but IDK. I have tons of parts that ordered that I haven’t even put on the car yet so if I like the car stock, I’m sure i’ll love it tuned. What do you guys think?
Query:
Did you try taking it to a different shop? I didn't see anyplace where you aid that.
More than once I have had an issue one place could not figure out too save their life but another guy fixed in 5 minutes.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:55 PM   #23
Sugi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Query:
Did you try taking it to a different shop? I didn't see anyplace where you aid that.
More than once I have had an issue one place could not figure out too save their life but another guy fixed in 5 minutes.

Great point! I have not at this point. The dealership has summoned a "field tech" to assist with the investigation. Not sure if that is a positive or negative, but when I was on the phone with Toyota they inquired about that.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:28 PM   #24
*Hachiroku86*
BAZINGA!

Drives: 15 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugi View Post
Yea, tell me about it. I about had a heart attack at work. That's the second dealer I've had issues with. After this, I'm also going to cancel my extended warranty that I purchased.
Can you get a full refund? Just curious.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:30 PM   #25
*Hachiroku86*
BAZINGA!

Drives: 15 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Turning off shouldn't drop the idle. Turning it on might as it puts more load on the car but it's not a significant load.
I get a slight dip in the throttle for a BRIEF second when turning them on. When turning them off, RPMs normally go up then settle back down at 650/700.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #26
Sugi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hachiroku86* View Post
Can you get a full refund? Just curious.
Not a full refund, but I can cancel at anytime than it is prorated.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:53 PM   #27
Sugi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hachiroku86* View Post
I get a slight dip in the throttle for a BRIEF second when turning them on. When turning them off, RPMs normally go up then settle back down at 650/700.
That is normal in every vehicle as the AC unit needs a lot of juice to turn on. The experience I'm having is all the time running just at idle. I'm not turning anything on or off and the idle changes very dramatically to the point that it has shut off the vehicle.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:50 PM   #28
Sugi

Garage
Finally got a call from Toyota and after everything they put me through, parts, rental, several people stating they couldn't figure it out, they deemed the vehicle issue to be normal!?!