follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 03:48 AM   #15
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Most dealers are not lazy nor wish to deny warranty work and do indeed do warranty work everyday without question or hassle. They do however need to protect themselves and their other customers from people that will indeed defraud them. The reason they are suspicious is that people try to pull that crap all the time. If you feel you need to change a car back to get warranty work then you also know that those mods could get you denied. Changing it back and then saying "I don't know it just stopped working" is a decision to defraud. If you mod your car then you accepted the risk that something would break and not be covered by warranty. If you think otherwise your sense of entitlement is outstanding. You want warranty don't change things that could impact it. You want to mod then man up and accept you may be denied.
Warranty costs get built into the price of cars and we all end up paying for them in the end. I don't mind paying for legit claims but I will be damned if I want to pay for some entitled snowflake that blew his engine up with a bad tune and then felt it should be replaced under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguru2000 View Post
This is in no way trying to defraud a manufacturer or dealer. I just don't want to put up with the hassle of being denied any warranty work unrelated to my mod. I've heard of owners being denied warranty work on their 4th gear synchros because they had an unrelated mod, when it's well know that unmodified stock cars have the same issue.

Dealers are inherently lazy. Anything they can do to not have to do warranty work is the goal. The manufacturer pays them very little for warranty work and they would rather have someone like you, tell them you will pay them in cash at full price for all future work. It's a win win.

But I digress, I was just asking if someone was able to get a tube down into their gas tank from the gas door. I wanted to see if anyone has tried this and were successful at removing the fuel.

Take what @Tcoat said to heart

Have you ever even worked in a dealer setting before? How the hell would you know that "dealers are lazy"? That's not even true.

Dealers will do anything they can for warranty work because corporate is reimbursing them the cost, not the dealership. I can say this for a fact as my friend currently works at a subaru dealership and they particularly love CPO certifying cars as it allows them a reimbursement for the process and warranty repairs.

Don't try and pretend you aren't trying to defraud a dealership because you are, your running e85 and an OFT tune and are attempting to hide the fact for a future repair while your still under warranty. Plain and simple.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
new2subaru (08-18-2018), Tcoat (08-18-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #16
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
...get flex fuel will ya? Don't play with nonsense.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaoskaze For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (08-19-2018), nikitopo (08-25-2018), Tcoat (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 03:05 AM   #17
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoskaze View Post
...get flex fuel will ya? Don't play with nonsense.
Still, that's even harder for this guy to remove and try to get a warranty scam claim done
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-23-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 08:43 PM   #18
pcguru2000

Drives: toyota 86 2017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I don't mind paying for legit claims but I will be damned if I want to pay for some entitled snowflake that blew his engine up with a bad tune and then felt it should be replaced under warranty.
42K+ posts and 4 years on this forum, you should know better than to be using language like that. A definition of a "snowflake" is:

"US, informal disapproving an insulting word for a gay person:
Example: Once again, a Facebook troll called me a snowflake."

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...lish/snowflake

Last edited by pcguru2000; 08-25-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:26 PM   #19
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
42K+ posts and 4 years on this forum, you should know better than to be using language like that. A definition of a "snowflake" is:

It's nice to know that the gay community is hated in this forum. This kind of bad behavior has destroyed bloging sites when all advertisers pulled their advertisements because of things like this.
You went with a gay definition? Really? How hard did you have to look to find that definition. In what possible context could my use of the word be implied to mean gay?
I didn't even know it was used in that context so you can reign in the indignation and sense of offense.
I used the term in it's much more common manner and apparently hit the nail right on it's entitled snowflake head.
Attached Images

BirdTRD (08-23-2018), FRSBRZGT86FAN (08-23-2018), humfrz (08-23-2018), Ultramaroon (08-23-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #20
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Wait, gay people can drive now? And they don't like snow! So much to learn in this place.
The Following User Says Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-23-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 09:42 PM   #21
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
Wait, gay people can drive now? And they don't like snow! So much to learn in this place.
Oh dude you never been to the Miata forum?
Old 08-23-2018, 09:53 PM   #22
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
This car has plenty of common problems (unrelated to E85) that very well could leave the car stranded with E85 in the tank. For example we all know E85 will not cause a rocker to eject but we do know rockers eject in this car. I personally would be pissed if my car had a common failure and was denied a warranty claim for something like an axel back or some other unrelated mod. E85 is significantly more forgiving than petrol. The OTS tune is fairly conservative too. I don’t see anyone blowing an engine due to the OTS E85 tune. I don’t see how the term snowflake applies to the OP. Now let’s say he ran the car with no oil and then filled it up and then took it in, then we would have a clear case of fraud.
The Following User Says Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
pcguru2000 (08-23-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 10:00 PM   #23
pcguru2000

Garage
Quote:
You went with a gay definition? Really? How hard did you have to look to find that definition. In what possible context could my use of the word be implied to mean gay?
I didn't even know it was used in that context so you can reign in the indignation and sense of offense.
I used the term in it's much more common manner and apparently hit the nail right on it's entitled snowflake head.
I do a lot of business in the gay community and they are the most picked on group on the planet. They are the most loyal clients out of all the clients I have. If my wife and I get invited to a gay bar, we are not called names and harassed because we are a straight couple in a gay bar . On the other hand, I've seen my clients being called snowflakes for no other reason than the person saying it is a piece of crap and it sickens me.

Btw, 42K of posts and you don't think the forum rules apply to you?
1) Respect. By far the most important rule here. Basic rules of real life apply here - show each other respect and you will get respect as well. Don't bash someone else here because you feel like it. Disrespectful, derogatory or insulting attitudes or remarks will not be tolerated. This applies to all corners of the site - including posts, profile visitor messages, and thread tags.

3) Disagree, don't attack. Disagree on topics, but try to leave it at that. Just because you don't like someones opinion on the car's engine, doesn't mean you should call him and his mother all sorts of names. Debates are always welcome, but don't go out of your way to insult and flame someone. Please consider if you would say to someone's face the same thing you are posting.

4) Help. Be helpful, we are all probably here because of a question and people will go out of their way to help you. Try to do the same if you have the answer to a question posted. True enthusiasts are helpful to others, noob or veteran alike. If you think not telling others about some technical info you have will make you and your car unique and prefer to be unique rather than share this information, then this forum is not for you. Help each other with questions and answers and I guarantee you, one day it will pay you back on here.

Last edited by pcguru2000; 08-25-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:38 PM   #24
pcguru2000

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
This car has plenty of common problems (unrelated to E85) that very well could leave the car stranded with E85 in the tank. For example we all know E85 will not cause a rocker to eject but we do know rockers eject in this car. I personally would be pissed if my car had a common failure and was denied a warranty claim for something like an axel back or some other unrelated mod. E85 is significantly more forgiving than petrol. The OTS tune is fairly conservative too. I don’t see anyone blowing an engine due to the OTS E85 tune. I don’t see how the term snowflake applies to the OP. Now let’s say he ran the car with no oil and then filled it up and then took it in, then we would have a clear case of fraud.
I totally agree. I don't believe that oft using e85 could cause any harm, or else I wouldn't be contemplating getting one in about 6 months. I like to prepare for an alternative in case something happens completely unrelated to the use of e85. If I get repairs done by the dealers, something going bad on the next visit can't put the blame on a non Toyota dealer doing bad work. We know the technicians don't want to work on a car that has current modifications because this can complicate troubleshooting. By emptying the tank of e85 and putting in regular gas, removing any mods (SRI, CAI) even innocent things like an aftermarket filter, makes their job easier and focuses the technician on diagnosing the problem without having to adjust for even a small variance that a mod my create (although small enough to not cause any sort of damage). That's why I probably won't be getting any kind of exhaust modification, changing the wheels, or cutting into any wires.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:43 PM   #25
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
The only nail you hit on the head is the one that outs you as a biggot. You couldn't even come up with a website quote of a real dictionary site, you had to find an obscure definition from "the urban dictionary"? (an on and on)

humfrz
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2018, 10:49 PM   #26
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,519 Times in 18,920 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Would've been refreshing to hear honest agreement.

Less exhausting to read too.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:53 PM   #27
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

It's nice to know that the gay community is hated in this forum. This kind of bad behavior has destroyed bloging sites when all advertisers pulled their advertisements because of things like this.
I thought a snowflake is a whiney leftist or someone who whines a lot in general. Never heard it used to describe someone's sexuality
Old 08-23-2018, 11:17 PM   #28
BirdTRD
Simply Forgotus

Drives: 2014 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTom View Post
I thought a snowflake is a whiney leftist or someone who whines a lot in general. Never heard it used to describe someone's sexuality
Same here...
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BirdTRD For This Useful Post:
D_Thissen (08-24-2018), Sportsguy83 (08-24-2018), SuperTom (08-23-2018)

Closed Thread

Tags
official snowflake thread, tcoat insulting members