follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #15
bRZillian7

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by celek View Post
Oh look my WRB BRZ video
hahaha thats you? Sounds great man! Do you have anything else done to it?
bRZillian7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:21 PM   #16
celek
Resident Gear Head

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bRZillian7 View Post
hahaha thats you? Sounds great man! Do you have anything else done to it?
Still pretty stock busy building the engine. See my Signature
Old 09-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #17
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Wanted to update this thread, don't think there's a dedicated Corsa owner's thread. And to give the OP my thoughts, just in case if they are having doubts.

Videos does not give the Corsa justice! Installed it last night and it sounds amazing. Really does have an "exotic car" sounding tone - just a hint of it. Wish it didn't rain here in Seattle or else I would drive with the windows down all the time! The local buddies who helped install it loved it also.

Best money I've spent so far - besides buying the car, of course. Highly suggest it over anything else, in my opinion. I would link my video tests but it's nothing anyone have heard before.

Bought it from @FT-86 SpeedFactory. Highly recommended!

The only issue I see having down the road is wanting to drive around in 2-3rd gear the whole time just to hear it. There goes the MPG lol
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
FT-86 SpeedFactory (09-17-2015), NLS8520 (09-16-2015), tinma (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #18
Xuningshen

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yeah I've been running with this exhaust for over a year now. its beautiful, the sound doesn't get old and if anything I love it even more now than before. Ever since I supercharged my car it sounds even angrier. And according to some people it "sounds like a larger engine than whats in there" I'm pretty sure it has to do with the valve timing or overlap... but idk i'm not a tuner. I've compared directly to my friends perrin, we drove eachother's car and I prefer corsa's. perrin is a lot deeper sounding. corsa's muffler removes some of that unrefined(in my opinion) deep tone and mostly lets some nice high notes out, i think thats what gives it a tad bit of an exotic sound.

I'll eventually get a video but don't want to use a regular microphone, Planning on getting a shotgun mic soon for it and other purposes.

the only downside is that this exhaust reportedly weights more than stock.... reportedly since i didn't weight it myself.
NLS8520 (09-16-2015), soulreapersteve (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #19
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuningshen View Post
Yeah I've been running with this exhaust for over a year now. its beautiful, the sound doesn't get old and if anything I love it even more now than before. Ever since I supercharged my car it sounds even angrier. And according to some people it "sounds like a larger engine than whats in there" I'm pretty sure it has to do with the valve timing or overlap... but idk i'm not a tuner. I've compared directly to my friends perrin, we drove eachother's car and I prefer corsa's. perrin is a lot deeper sounding. corsa's muffler removes some of that unrefined(in my opinion) deep tone and mostly lets some nice high notes out, i think thats what gives it a tad bit of an exotic sound.

I'll eventually get a video but don't want to use a regular microphone, Planning on getting a shotgun mic soon for it and other purposes.

the only downside is that this exhaust reportedly weights more than stock.... reportedly since i didn't weight it myself.

Weight is about 10 pounds more than stock. Doesn't matter for street/DD/spirited drives - basically anytime away from track. If someone is that OCD, then I would say lose some weight! xD
The Twins make me smile
Old 09-16-2015, 08:49 PM   #20
kuczynskika

Drives: Harrop TVS86 STi BRZ tS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
I am a Cosworth owner. In my opinion, they have crafted the ultimate exhaust.

Before I hear objections... I understand... its EXPENSIVE... but you get what you pay for. TRUST ME.

With this exhaust you get an excellent range of high and low tones as well as some burbles and braps all without stereotypical boxer rumble or the high pitched riceyness. It sound european and foreign and it really starts to sing at about 4000 RPM. Just the catback in stage 1 form is perfect. Stage 1.2 is about the same and stage 3 is too much, but that's a full exhaust system with cat-less headers.

If you want, I will do my best to make a video...
kuczynskika is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kuczynskika For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #21
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Would one or two fellow owners be willing to do me a favor or confirm my thoughts?

When we were finished with the installation and tested it out last night, the guys noticed there was water dripping from the muffler. I went under again and did a close up check today and saw there was a tiny hole. Was this intentionally made to prevent water from building up inside the muffler - sort of a drain? Could someone check to see if yours have the hole also? Thanks!

The Twins make me smile
Old 09-16-2015, 09:29 PM   #22
chas3wba0

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
Would one or two fellow owners be willing to do me a favor or confirm my thoughts?

When we were finished with the installation and tested it out last night, the guys noticed there was water dripping from the muffler. I went under again and did a close up check today and saw there was a tiny hole. Was this intentionally made to prevent water from building up inside the muffler - sort of a drain? Could someone check to see if yours have the hole also? Thanks!

Yes, it is common for exhaust systems to have a drain hole right around the muffler
soulreapersteve (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 09:33 PM   #23
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas3wba0 View Post
Yes, it is common for exhaust systems to have a drain hole right around the muffler
Thank you, much appreciated!
The Twins make me smile
Old 09-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #24
bRZillian7

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
Wanted to update this thread, don't think there's a dedicated Corsa owner's thread. And to give the OP my thoughts, just in case if they are having doubts.

Videos does not give the Corsa justice! Installed it last night and it sounds amazing. Really does have an "exotic car" sounding tone - just a hint of it. Wish it didn't rain here in Seattle or else I would drive with the windows down all the time! The local buddies who helped install it loved it also.

Best money I've spent so far - besides buying the car, of course. Highly suggest it over anything else, in my opinion. I would link my video tests but it's nothing anyone have heard before.

Bought it from @FT-86 SpeedFactory. Highly recommended!

The only issue I see having down the road is wanting to drive around in 2-3rd gear the whole time just to hear it. There goes the MPG lol
I ordered mine last week so it should be here sometime this week or early nex week!
bRZillian7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bRZillian7 For This Useful Post:
celek (09-17-2015), soulreapersteve (09-16-2015)
Old 09-17-2015, 08:58 AM   #25
celek
Resident Gear Head

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczynskika View Post
I am a Cosworth owner. In my opinion, they have crafted the ultimate exhaust.

Before I hear objections... I understand... its EXPENSIVE... but you get what you pay for. TRUST ME.

With this exhaust you get an excellent range of high and low tones as well as some burbles and braps all without stereotypical boxer rumble or the high pitched riceyness. It sound european and foreign and it really starts to sing at about 4000 RPM. Just the catback in stage 1 form is perfect. Stage 1.2 is about the same and stage 3 is too much, but that's a full exhaust system with cat-less headers.

If you want, I will do my best to make a video...
You do realize that its a Nameless Exhaust right? I think there may be some preferred tweaks from Cosworth put into the the design.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:48 AM   #26
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Cosworth's is not 1:1 as Nameless, indeed. While they ordered manufacturing of their header and catback from Nameless and at least header looks similar, but there are some changes they asked for. Ones i found out of:
For header brace to tie pipes together to lessen it's possible movement/better clearance
Combo overpipe frontpipe has round heimholtz resonator (in later ones maybe Nameless might be retrofitting to theirs aswell, not sure).
From pics Cossworth's catback have two much bigger connected with extra badge plate, and it's runners flange of connection to fronpipe comes in center, in Nameless's it first goes to the further left.
Still, which one to get at the end most probably will depend most on which side of pond buyer located. In US - Nameless, in EU - Cossworth. Imho no sense to pay extra shipping/import costs to get "other one".
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to churchx For This Useful Post:
kuczynskika (09-17-2015)
Old 09-17-2015, 10:40 AM   #27
twag4

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I've had my Corsa for over 1 1/2 years now. when I installed it I weighed it out of packaging then weighed my stock stuff. It was within 1 pound of stock. Mine did not weigh anything close to 10 lbs more than stock. I still love it, I have a JDL ultra quiet front pipe with it, jacksonbracing supercharger, and am awaiting my ace type-a 350 header to arrive. I'll post a clip when it does. It is a great sounding exhaust for sure. Still looks nice too!
twag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twag4 For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (09-17-2015), Xuningshen (09-17-2015)
Old 09-17-2015, 11:00 AM   #28
Xuningshen

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twag4 View Post
I've had my Corsa for over 1 1/2 years now. when I installed it I weighed it out of packaging then weighed my stock stuff. It was within 1 pound of stock. Mine did not weigh anything close to 10 lbs more than stock. I still love it, I have a JDL ultra quiet front pipe with it, jacksonbracing supercharger, and am awaiting my ace type-a 350 header to arrive. I'll post a clip when it does. It is a great sounding exhaust for sure. Still looks nice too!
Ohh yes! please do! I'm so curious how it sounds with JRSC and the ace header... I just need the ace header!