follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #729
hunter3232792

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqdork View Post
Oh? If so, my region (Portland) includes OR, WA, ID, MT and AK and 70 Toyota dealers (don't know how many are also Scion). That means about 32 6M/T's for Portland Region, so most likely the metro stores will be getting one each.

Nationally, 6M/T availability would be shorter based on roughly 1,850 Toyota dealers (estimated, and Scion count unknown) vying for the 700.

That should help resale value if a Series 10 is on your radar.

I don't know what the allocation policy will be, but think they'll fill legit sold orders first and spread the rest to the best performing Scion dealers.
if i was told right kendall toyota is the largest toyota dealership in the nation so i should have no problem getting a release series
Old 04-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #730
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
^Always thought it was Longo Toyota but I guess Kendall ousted them.

Last edited by switchlanez; 05-02-2013 at 01:41 AM.
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #731
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkozski View Post
That seems kinda low (28%). Anyone know what the current take rate is for manual FR-S's, and BRZs as well?

It has more features than the BRZ Premium (keyless entry, push button start, dual zone a/c), but less features than the Limited (no leather, no heated seats). If the MSRP comes in between the BRZ Premium and Limited, just view the Series 10 as another option level for the two cars (Base FR-S -> BRZ Premium -> FR-S Series 10 -> BRZ Limited). The more choices, the better!
yup! i see your point! i was specifically referring to the "limited" ,and with the limited being "negotiable",you would get more for less scratch!..just sayin'
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #732
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
That seems kinda low (28%). Anyone know what the current take rate is for manual FR-S's, and BRZs as well?

It has more features than the BRZ Premium (keyless entry, push button start, dual zone a/c), but less features than the Limited (no leather, no heated seats). If the MSRP comes in between the BRZ Premium and Limited, just view the Series 10 as another option level for the two cars (Base FR-S -> BRZ Premium -> FR-S Series 10 -> BRZ Limited). The more choices, the better!
Quote:
Oh? If so, my region (Portland) includes OR, WA, ID, MT and AK and 70 Toyota dealers (don't know how many are also Scion). That means about 32 6M/T's for Portland Region, so most likely the metro stores will be getting one each.

Nationally, 6M/T availability would be shorter based on roughly 1,850 Toyota dealers (estimated, and Scion count unknown) vying for the 700.

That should help resale value if a Series 10 is on your radar.

I don't know what the allocation policy will be, but think they'll fill legit sold orders first and spread the rest to the best performing Scion dealers.
even though that makes sense,don't count on it!..suspect your "best performing" scion dealers (volume) dealers will get the most cars!
in my view,(fully paid) orders will get the car,however,simply a deposit to "secure" the car will guarantee nothing.again,i believe overall sold volume will get the most cars. seems unfair though,because the car WILL sell no matter what scion dealer gets it...just sayin'
Old 04-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #733
tomkozski

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ w/ PP
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
yup! i see your point! i was specifically referring to the "limited" ,and with the limited being "negotiable",you would get more for less scratch!..just sayin'
Good luck negotiating. So far in DC area, at least the dealers I've been in touch with, they're only willing to go down $300, and that's only on cars with the extra options (chrome trim, rear diffuser, etc), or cars with more than a few test-driven miles. Saw a BRZ today with 274 miles on it already, and dealer didn't want to budge on price...
tomkozski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #734
Push
I love food

Drives: Toyota Cressida
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Does Entune include Android compatibility now? I've read that it only works with an iPhone 4. Hopefully the new HU will be compatible with both.
BeSpoke only works with Iphone 4, making it worthles... Toyota Entune is available on the Camry, Prius, 4 Runner, Avalon a lot of Toyota Products.. It is compatible with Iphones, Androids, and blackberry. www.toyota.com/entune
Old 04-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #735
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Push View Post
BeSpoke only works with Iphone 4, making it worthles... Toyota Entune is available on the Camry, Prius, 4 Runner, Avalon a lot of Toyota Products.. It is compatible with Iphones, Androids, and blackberry. www.toyota.com/entune
Thanks, didn't know that.

BTW, I once owned an '80's era 5M/T Cressida with TEMS suspension. Talk about a sleeper, that was a fun car.
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #736
Lverasky
RedBunny w/ Wing

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
nice...expecting more from the 2014 version.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:33 AM   #737
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
Good luck negotiating. So far in DC area, at least the dealers I've been in touch with, they're only willing to go down $300, and that's only on cars with the extra options (chrome trim, rear diffuser, etc), or cars with more than a few test-driven miles. Saw a BRZ today with 274 miles on it already, and dealer didn't want to budge on price...
here in new england, different game!. dealers WILL let 'em go for invoice,or lower since they are still comin' in. (allocation) everybody's all wheel drive happy here.
remember!.dealer's invoice is NOT what he "cuts a check" to buy the car for! it doesn't include "holdback,ad money,or prep money! (gas). in most caes you are lookin' at another
"large" in extra money which is "generally" non-negotiable!.. point is,if you are paying (m.s.r.p.) for THIS car,then you are really getting f**ked! no wonder,they are so "eager"
to sell 'em! its also why you should be buying the brz,and NOT the frs,because of the ''screwy" pure pricing concept.all this does is put extra money in the dealer's kick!..
remember,virtually the same gotdamn car!..just sayin'
Old 04-23-2013, 01:57 AM   #738
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
yes! this is what i was thinkin' too!
basically you are paying for a "unique" car,BUT you get more with the brz!
just sayin'

You also get the ugly front end on the BRZ ..just sayin'

I like both, but MUCH prefer the looks of the FR-S, both are the North American version of the Toyota GT-86 anyhow so it really.... doesen't matter what you like or I like.
OICU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OICU812 For This Useful Post:
Pablitomarrero (04-24-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #739
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
here in new england, different game!. dealers WILL let 'em go for invoice,or lower since they are still comin' in. (allocation) everybody's all wheel drive happy here.
remember!.dealer's invoice is NOT what he "cuts a check" to buy the car for! it doesn't include "holdback,ad money,or prep money! (gas). in most caes you are lookin' at another
"large" in extra money which is "generally" non-negotiable!.. point is,if you are paying (m.s.r.p.) for THIS car,then you are really getting f**ked! no wonder,they are so "eager"
to sell 'em! its also why you should be buying the brz,and NOT the frs,because of the ''screwy" pure pricing concept.all this does is put extra money in the dealer's kick!..
remember,virtually the same gotdamn car!..just sayin'
Really?

http://www.rockinghamscion.com/new-i...3&search=Coupe
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #740
TRICKspeed

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The interior on the 10 series FR-S, is the one we should've gotten initially!
TRICKspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #741
Moto-P

Drives: Many types of cars in R&D.
Thanked 3,058 Times in 568 Posts
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
^Always thought it was Longo Toyota but I guess Kendall ousted them.

"This isn’t about specifications or numbers but a cultural phenomenon."
-Moto-P
Kendall might be the largest in terms of facility and inventory by a little, but Longo is by far the largest volume Toyota dealership in the world. 34,000+ vehicles sold in 2008, and that's not even counting the Lexus dealer next door.
Consulting Member at Cusco, OEM+, RS-R.
www.club4ag.com
Moto-P is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moto-P For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (04-23-2013), switchlanez (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #742
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-P View Post
Kendall might be the largest in terms of facility and inventory by a little, but Longo is by far the largest volume Toyota dealership in the world. 34,000+ vehicles sold in 2008, and that's not even counting the Lexus dealer next door.
Good god. That was before the market spiraled to hell though.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, brz, fr-s, gt86