follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #43
Fortunate Few
will photoshop for ft86

Drives: 07 Mazda RX8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Fortunate Few
first person to part out their car probably wont do too bad.
Fortunate Few is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #44
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I wasn't saying in my post someone who crashes their car is an automatic dumbass cause things just happen sometimes. I feel that with a car like this some fast and furious dude is going to come along and wreck the car with his own ignorance. Someone like that deserves no reward...On the other hand when things that are out your control occur, such as a person hitting you that's a different story. As a motorcyclist I can say that being as attentive as possible can get you out of a lot of issues, but at the same time the people you are around can end your day in a painful manner. I've only lowsided my bike once and that was because I didn't see a slick spot in the road (it was dark) while I was turning and have since learned my lesson. In other words $1 to stupidity=hell no, $1 to someone who really needs it=a possibility
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #45
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Owner of the vehicle crashes car due to reckless driving and or street racing (with the possibility of injuring or killing an innocent bystander).
- Deserves nothing but his car taken away from him.
Or - Increased Insurance rate up the butt
Or - His car impounded
Or - Car crumpled and Jailed
Or - Public whipping. (I really believe there should be more severe punishment to prevent people from doing stupid things... stealing = Cutting off some fingers.. Raping.. shortening of erotic areas.. running from a crime = cut off legs) Brutal? Naw.. Prevents people from going back to Jail.

Owner of the vehicle gets hit by another car.
- Insurance of the other person should cover it and then some.

Not too complicated here.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #46
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
^ Damn you are not very merciful at all.

It all depends on category of the crime. I've known people and my self included have done reckless things or been into accidents knowing the consequences of them.
If there's going to be people acting like a bunch of jackasses with this car then they'll get what they deserve at the end.
And no dollar for them, they're the ones that need to pay up.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #47
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
^ Damn you are not very merciful at all.

It all depends on category of the crime. I've known people and my self included have done reckless things or been into accidents knowing the consequences of them.
If there's going to be people acting like a bunch of jackasses with this car then they'll get what they deserve at the end.
And no dollar for them, they're the ones that need to pay up.
Too many people die from very preventable accidents. Like you've stated... I have absolutely no mercy for thieves, murderers, and of course criminals (They're the same thing though right?).

Just wait once the the car comes out. Someone with a nice set of wheels gets it stolen and someone else has them on their car. Its going to get nasty~
:happy0180:
P.S: Not trying to offend you or anything. Its just my views of how criminals should be treated as.

Off-topic/Slightly political related
The same goes with Gangsters. They shoot someone. Spend 25 in prison with all the nice benefits of free medical+Dental. Get out and do the same thing they did to get back in. Bam back in Prison.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
TOYOTA FT-86
Old 01-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #48
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
^ For one thing, I do know thieves and criminals (dumbasses) and that's why I plan on getting a new place with a garage to prevent those type of people if they're tempted to mess with my ride.
And I'm not offended at all, but I know in some cases where people do things that are not morally right. They do certain crimes to just survive. I'm not saying its right, but they do this because its easy for them and they haven't learned yet on how not to take the easy way out of life all the time.
I also agree with you about how the system is a flawed to a certain extent, some criminals learn from it and others will abuse it. And I will always call BS on it.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #49
miata

Drives: 2006 Miata 5 spd
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I should have worded the original post differently.

The first person whose car is totaled. Not the first person who totals his own car.
Honestly the person who totals his own car will be more sad than the other case because he will have no one to blame but to learn the lesson the hard way.
miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #50
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
They do certain crimes to just survive. I'm not saying its right, but they do this because its easy for them and they haven't learned yet on how not to take the easy way out of life all the time.
The fact is that draconian punishments do exist in parts of the world and people still commit the crimes. When someone commits a crime, they do it because they don't think they're going to get caught.

Giccin's statement is pretty broad sweeping, but I'm willing to bet she's excluding typical petty crimes such as speeding or downloading copyrighted material. Otherwise, gimme them fingers and feet! I don't have sympathy for those that knowingly commit violent crimes, but I also don't really believe in eye for an eye.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #51
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
The fact is that draconian punishments do exist in parts of the world and people still commit the crimes. When someone commits a crime, they do it because they don't think they're going to get caught.

Giccin's statement is pretty broad sweeping, but I'm willing to bet she's excluding typical petty crimes such as speeding or downloading copyrighted material. Otherwise, gimme them fingers and feet! I don't have sympathy for those that knowingly commit violent crimes, but I also don't really believe in eye for an eye.
Eh petty theft is just petty theft. And yes I do exclude the ones you're mentioning.

And my method isn't necessarily an Eye for an Eye. Its more like... a stolen set of wheels for 3 of your fingers. :P

And back to my statement about someone shooting someone and killing him.

If he killed a man.. he should suffer.. By losing his arm and not getting medical treatment.. or leg or one of his testicles... or shortening the length of his shaft. :>

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
TOYOTA FT-86
Old 01-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #52
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Eh petty theft is just petty theft. And yes I do exclude the ones you're mentioning.

And my method isn't necessarily an Eye for an Eye. Its more like... a stolen set of wheels for 3 of your fingers. :P

If he killed a man.. he should suffer.. By losing his arm and not getting medical treatment.. or leg or one of his testicles... or shortening the length of his shaft. :>
I'm telling you Giccin is hard core. No doubt.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #53
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post

We already know you're pretty lenient when it comes to internetz theft.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #54
nrclptcnsmniak
Professional Athlete

Drives: Marty's Hover Board
Quote:
Originally Posted by old greg View Post
Seriously? It's one thing to get t-boned at an intersection by some texting teenager. But anyone who totals their own car was driving like a dumbass. Whether it was through inattentiveness, driving too fast for the conditions, or driving at 11 tenths, there is no excuse for crashing a car.

I've never crashed a car, but I came damn close once and yeah, I was being a total dumbass at the time.
No excuse for crashing a car? Grow up old Greg just because you've never crashed a car doesn't meant accidents don't happen. Like u said someone can get t boned and hence a totaled car. Nowhere did I specify it were a driver who totaled their car and their car only because they were driving like a douche. Maybe even my car was parked outside and got hit by somebody and got totaled or perhaps I have a heart attack and crash my car too. I'm all for safe driving on public roads and dislike others who put others in danger. But everybody here is assuming the car being totaled is the drivers fault. Sorry old Greg not all of is are like you mr rocket surgeon. Some of us need to be humbled down a bit. This isn't a personal attack. ^_^

Last edited by nrclptcnsmniak; 01-06-2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Some of us need to be humbled down a bit.
nrclptcnsmniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #55
miata

Drives: 2006 Miata 5 spd
My mom has totaled two cars and both times it was not her fault.
miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #56
Syldrin
Troll Feeder

Drives: boosted scion tc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu0u View Post
:facepalm:
Syldrin is offline   Reply With Quote