follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 04-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #15
C-Bone

Drives: '03 Tiburon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
^^ So all of those scions are in your area? Yes you can find tons of pics online of scions that have been riced out, not the same as pics of ones in your area. I for one dont really ever see any and I'm on the road a lot for work and stuff plus I live in an area with lots of "gangstas/homeboys" with the "pimped out whips" and dont see any "pimped" scions
Old 04-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #16
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bone View Post
^^ So all of those scions are in your area? Yes you can find tons of pics online of scions that have been riced out, not the same as pics of ones in your area. I for one dont really ever see any and I'm on the road a lot for work and stuff plus I live in an area with lots of "gangstas/homeboys" with the "pimped out whips" and dont see any "pimped" scions
No, its from their forums . . . not many modded scions around here.

I just looked through their pic thread, and picked the ones most visually pleasing/displeasing. 2nd and 3rd look decent to me. Rest is garbage.

I was comparing the number of tastefully modded tCs to the ricers in their forums. Unless you guys actually wanna go do a field report.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #17
impulse
Just a random

Drives: 2009 Toyota Corolla
1- Eh. Hits a middle ground for me. Not fond of the skunk look in the front. Don't care about vertical doors. I suppose it'll be a show car, but I would never drive that.

2- Don't like the front grill attachment or whatever. Wouldn't call it rice though.

3- How'd this get here?
edit to 3: Oh, it's stock. Completely acceptable

4- Extremely ugly body kit, almost made me cough a bit on the Dr. Pepper I was drinking. I'd call it rice, just seems like it'd cause drag >_>

5- 187 number, not my taste... bit gaudy for me. Not something I would do. Dislike the rear bumper for the loldiffusers but at least... it actually seemed to have proper fit to the car and doesn't seem like it's just loosely hanging on, probably about to fall off at any time

6- Green lights seem ricey. Same with the writing nearby the sunroof or w/e. Not something I would drive though or do to my own car

7- Looks okay to me. The hood kinda makes me laugh a bit though, but I'll accept it.

Last edited by impulse; 04-21-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: saw blur's post, guess I'll change a few things
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #18
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
3- How'd this get here?
As I said, these are cars that I find either visually pleasing or displeasing. Most cars in the thread had rims and no drop, or drop with no rims, basically works in progress. All the completed ones I saw I posted =)
Old 04-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #19
aliphian
Dreamer

Drives: Nutless Grocery Getter
There is a tC down the street from me that has a widebody kit on it... And that is all! Stock rims. Stock ride height. Fart can. It looks ridiculous because the wheels are about 3 inches in from the fender wells. lol

I'll try to get a pic.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
aliphian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #20
andygee

Drives: honda
only 4 of the pictures u posted seemed like rice. the rest were acceptable...

i think the point of his post is the same thing thats been ticking me off too,
the fact that a lot of ppl on this forum have been using the term "rice" VERY loosely.
like before, it used to be: fart cannons, ugly kits, huge pointless wings, altezza lights,
and a bunch of other bs. but now ppl use the term for everythinggg. its starting
to lose its meaning because ppl use the word "ricers" for a 17-21 year old guy with a car. smh
andygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #21
4agze

Drives: Toyota Corolla SR5
Garage
damn I just pass by on the freeway a white scion toaster looking thing with a black hood (not CF) w/ a black XXR wheels and black skirts and on the side says panda box lol I was WTF thats not a 2 tone panda look what a burned out toaster . If I see it again I'll take a pic
4agze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:37 PM   #22
C-Bone

Drives: '03 Tiburon
in that case 1-4 & 6 look alright though the lambo doors are a bit much in the first and the green lights on the 6th. the others are a bit over the top for me
Old 04-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #23
RWDJunkie

Drives: P.O.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygee View Post
only 4 of the pictures u posted seemed like rice. the rest were acceptable...

i think the point of his post is the same thing thats been ticking me off too,
the fact that a lot of ppl on this forum have been using the term "rice" VERY loosely.
like before, it used to be: fart cannons, ugly kits, huge pointless wings, altezza lights,
and a bunch of other bs. but now ppl use the term for everythinggg. its starting
to lose its meaning because ppl use the word "ricers" for a 17-21 year old guy with a car. smh
I agree. That's been getting on my nerves too.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #24
xantonin
Mr. Detail

Drives: 2003 Celica GT-S
Rice should be defined as a mod done to a car that does not give any performance benefits but is intended to imitate something that does, or to give the appearance that it gives more performance benefits than it really does.

By this definition, doing something like a wire tuck in the engine bay isn't rice because it's not meant to pretend to improve performance. It's just a simple appearance mod. Having a bigass spoiler, however, is excessive and rice, but having a functional spoiler isn't.

I think that is a pretty fair definition because a lot of people mistake ugly appearance mods as rice. This is not true. They are just ugly, not rice. Rice would be a large fart can... doing dual exhaust on a low performance engine (arguable), or adding fake vents to your car.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #25
andygee

Drives: honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantonin View Post
Rice should be defined as a mod done to a car that does not give any performance benefits but is intended to imitate something that does, or to give the appearance that it gives more performance benefits than it really does.

By this definition, doing something like a wire tuck in the engine bay isn't rice because it's not meant to pretend to improve performance. It's just a simple appearance mod. Having a bigass spoiler, however, is excessive and rice, but having a functional spoiler isn't.

I think that is a pretty fair definition because a lot of people mistake ugly appearance mods as rice. This is not true. They are just ugly, not rice. Rice would be a large fart can... doing dual exhaust on a low performance engine (arguable), or adding fake vents to your car.

yeah see u agree.. like adding a non-functional scoop to ur hood that u got from autozone, is definitely rice... but a lot of ppl on this forum get confused and think that if someone changes their rims or upgrades their paint, that their ricers. and their not. or their ricers because of their age. idk. its been pissing me off tho.
andygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #26
aliphian
Dreamer

Drives: Nutless Grocery Getter
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantonin View Post

Does the widebody kit with stock rims count?

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
aliphian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #27
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
make sure if you take pics of other peoples car you blur the license plate.. i'll probably be hitting the streets today and snapping some photos.
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #28
xantonin
Mr. Detail

Drives: 2003 Celica GT-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
Does the widebody kit with stock rims count?
Ohhh I don't want to make that call.

Lol if it's done poorly, cheap, and looks like crap, probably.

Even if it's done cleanly, possibly because if you're not making the wheels wider what's the point right?