follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
jpit

Old 10-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #645
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmonkey View Post
how do you think it'll be with the perrin headerback?
first time doing any sort of mods, don't really know how well mixing and matching works...
Generally, stuff that has stock pickups will work with other brand products that also use stock pickups. The Perrin exhaust stuff uses v-band connections, while most other aftermarket exhaust products are using regular flanged connections. The Perrin stuff is thus far incompatible with any other products; I love that they used v-bands, but I hate that it makes their product unusable in a mix'n'match way. I love mixing and matching, hence why I never had a TurboXS exhaust on my old WRX.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #646
mike2100

Drives: 23 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Generally, stuff that has stock pickups will work with other brand products that also use stock pickups. The Perrin exhaust stuff uses v-band connections, while most other aftermarket exhaust products are using regular flanged connections. The Perrin stuff is thus far incompatible with any other products; I love that they used v-bands, but I hate that it makes their product unusable in a mix'n'match way. I love mixing and matching, hence why I never had a TurboXS exhaust on my old WRX.
Only the catback uses v band clamps. You can match their catback to any front pipe. If what you said we're true you wouldn't be able to use any of the Perrin exhaust parts with the stock exhaust parts.
mike2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #647
tonystewart

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmonkey View Post
how do you think it'll be with the perrin headerback?
first time doing any sort of mods, don't really know how well mixing and matching works...
It will attach just fine to a Perrin Catback. The stock exhaust manifold uses a standard flange and so does the overpipe.
May'12 AT Raven, OFT V2, Perrin IntakeTube, Pulley & Overpipe,HKS Snorkel,FA20 EL Header,Nameless Frontpipe w/ Helmholtz, Crawford AOS, Cusco O2W Cooler, Grimmspeed Strut/MC Brace, Winjets w/D2S 3.0 HID by Illuminating Lighworkx, Fogs w/EU Stalk, LED's, JDM UnderPanels, Diffuser, Rigid Collars, Whiteline, HVT Camber Plates, Koni's, Swift Springs, GTSpec LCA, SPC Toearms, DBA 4K T-Slot Rotors, Ferodo DS2500, Vorshlag BrakeLines, MichelinPSS, 5Axis Wing, Raammat, Ensolite, JPM Coachworks, OEM+Ref400, 20mmspacers, TOMS
tonystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #648
tonystewart

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
It's obvious you don't have Perrin equipment or you wouldn't have made this statement.
PPPPPP=Prior Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance
Avoid Airaid Intakes
May'12 AT Raven, OFT V2, Perrin IntakeTube, Pulley & Overpipe,HKS Snorkel,FA20 EL Header,Nameless Frontpipe w/ Helmholtz, Crawford AOS, Cusco O2W Cooler, Grimmspeed Strut/MC Brace, Winjets w/D2S 3.0 HID by Illuminating Lighworkx, Fogs w/EU Stalk, LED's, JDM UnderPanels, Diffuser, Rigid Collars, Whiteline, HVT Camber Plates, Koni's, Swift Springs, GTSpec LCA, SPC Toearms, DBA 4K T-Slot Rotors, Ferodo DS2500, Vorshlag BrakeLines, MichelinPSS, 5Axis Wing, Raammat, Ensolite, JPM Coachworks, OEM+Ref400, 20mmspacers, TOMS
tonystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #649
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Does the Perrin stuff have v bands that make it incompatible with everything else? Yes. Perrin axle back? Not happening. Obviously it has stock pickups SOMEWHERE or as pointed out you couldn't use it period. Do I have to spell that out? This is the "technical" section offs
Old 10-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #650
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Does the Perrin stuff have v bands that make it incompatible with everything else? Yes. Perrin axle back? Not happening. Obviously it has stock pickups SOMEWHERE or as pointed out you couldn't use it period. Do I have to spell that out? This is the "technical" section offs
The problem is that you were responding to rainmonkey's question about whether this header would work with Perrin Headerback and from reading your post, he would think not, but it does work.

Sent from my HTC One X
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #651
mike2100

Drives: 23 BRZ
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
There is no such thing as a Perrin axle back so it's irrelevant if the catback uses v band clamps. It's not like you can buy a mid pipe from any of the vendors. Even if you could it wouldn't be the right shape to line up to the Perrin muffler. V band has nothing to do with it. I recommend less posting and more reading.
mike2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #652
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2100 View Post
There is no such thing as a Perrin axle back so it's irrelevant if the catback uses v band clamps. It's not like you can buy a mid pipe from any of the vendors. Even if you could it wouldn't be the right shape to line up to the Perrin muffler. V band has nothing to do with it. I recommend less posting and more reading.
Reading comprehension... there can't be an axleback due to the v bands. That was the point, bro. Recommend more getting lost, less posting.
The Following User Says Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
Boxer-86 (10-28-2012)
Old 10-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #653
Neziah

Drives: 2013 HotLava FRS, 2005 Legacy
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonystewart View Post
I spoke to them, 60 days, will announce on Facebook
Thanks for checking, I've got the chance to hear their prototype several times and I am very looking forward to strapping one on.
:happy0180:
Old 10-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #654
acro

Drives: GT-86
Subd
acro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #655
FreshFRS
KCCO From Canada

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Bump for updates? any idea about the cat-less 4-1 triple step-up option?
FreshFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #656
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Just an FYI to everyone, Nameless is not very active in this forum anymore, similar to how the owner's of the forum shied away Crawford, they shied away Nameless too. If you want to get updates from them, call them, email them, send them a message in their page, or send them a message/post in their Facebook page. (Then post it here for everyone to know ).
Old 10-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #657
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy83 View Post
Just an FYI to everyone, Nameless is not very active in this forum anymore, similar to how the owner's of the forum shied away Crawford, they shied away Nameless too. If you want to get updates from them, call them, email them, send them a message in their page, or send them a message/post in their Facebook page. (Then post it here for everyone to know ).
Odd, WoW (WingsofWar, one of our first mods, for those that don't know )seemed very supportive of them when @Tainen was helping them with their early development. Helped with video of Tainen's car.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #658
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarite View Post
Are they posting on NASIOC?

Not that I know of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Odd, WoW (WingsofWar, one of our first mods, for those that don't know )seemed very supportive of them when @Tainen was helping them with their early development. Helped with video of Tainen's car.
I know! The thing is that the vendor accounts are not handled by the moderators at all, they have no control or say. That is handled strictly by the site owner/administrator. (Remember that when Tainen's video was made, the site still had not implemented the vendor account required stuff).

Tags
21 months no dyno, 22 months no vendor dyno, 22months4rattles&leakssmh, amazing warped qualiy, y u no tag