follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #1
Busybee

Drives: BRZ limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Blackvue 750/900 parking mode installation

I have read several post here and there and am just curious if the problem with battery draining still happens during parking mode. I want to use the power magic pro or the power magic EZ (OBD2 port). Does anyone already installed and used with either of them without any problems?

There are so many positive and negative reviews on Amazon but different cars. Maybe it’s an compatibly issue and will work fun in our cars.

Any comments ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazda 323F BA 1997 - Overseas
Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
Busybee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busybee View Post
I have read several post here and there and am just curious if the problem with battery draining still happens during parking mode. I want to use the power magic pro or the power magic EZ (OBD2 port). Does anyone already installed and used with either of them without any problems?

There are so many positive and negative reviews on Amazon but different cars. Maybe it’s an compatibly issue and will work fun in our cars.

Any comments ?

Thanks

I've had the 750 installed with the power magic EZ since early May and haven't had any issues with my battery. I think right now I have it set to 12v and 12 hours? Something like that, and it does its job very well.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Busybee (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #3
Busybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I've had the 750 installed with the power magic EZ since early May and haven't had any issues with my battery. I think right now I have it set to 12v and 12 hours? Something like that, and it does its job very well.

Great to hear that from someone here. Thanks a lot !

Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
Old 06-28-2019, 04:56 PM   #4
EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I use the Power Magic Pro, and never had battery drain issues.

12V is arguably a little on the low side as far as battery discharge. However, you can simply adjust record time to what you feel comfortable with as far as voltage drop and use the 12V as a back-up discharge protection.
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EndlessAzure For This Useful Post:
Busybee (06-28-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 10:40 AM   #5
Pointmutation

Drives: 2016 ZC6
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

Any comments ?
I use a power magic pro. Works well and cuts power just fine depending on elapsed time or voltage.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:44 PM   #6
Busybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAzure View Post
I use the Power Magic Pro, and never had battery drain issues.

12V is arguably a little on the low side as far as battery discharge. However, you can simply adjust record time to what you feel comfortable with as far as voltage drop and use the 12V as a back-up discharge protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointmutation View Post
I use a power magic pro. Works well and cuts power just fine depending on elapsed time or voltage.
Hi guys,

I hardwired the PMP and its working properly both when the car is running and its at parking mode.
My question is regarding your video settings sensitivity (both front and rear) etc. The reason I am asking is that after 7-8 hours there is no recording! I think it shuts down at 12V (my setting is 12V and infinity time. I feel like it is recording everything and shuts off at 12V. It's possible due to the moving tree leaves (i put the sensitivity to 5) and the cars passing every 5-10 min or so. My setting is 4K 30FPS H264. (can not watch the video on the viewer when H265)

Was wondering how long do you guys can record during parking.
Thanks

Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
Old 07-21-2019, 02:52 AM   #7
EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Hi guys,

I hardwired the PMP and its working properly both when the car is running and its at parking mode.
My question is regarding your video settings sensitivity (both front and rear) etc. The reason I am asking is that after 7-8 hours there is no recording! I think it shuts down at 12V (my setting is 12V and infinity time. I feel like it is recording everything and shuts off at 12V. It's possible due to the moving tree leaves (i put the sensitivity to 5) and the cars passing every 5-10 min or so. My setting is 4K 30FPS H264. (can not watch the video on the viewer when H265)

Was wondering how long do you guys can record during parking.
Thanks
About 12 hours on a Toyota Truestart battery. The camera is always running in parking mode; It just records at a lower frame rate. All the files should be labeled as "Parking" recordings. Sensitivity just tells the camera when to consider a recording an "event".
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EndlessAzure For This Useful Post:
Busybee (07-21-2019)