follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 02-13-2015, 10:18 PM   #29
AZP Installs

Drives: '11 STi->'14 BRZ | '14 Touareg TDi
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to AZP Installs
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesnj View Post
Just doing research that what I found but Baltimore is still good.

I have no clue what a TWIK card is, can you tell us. I don't need to get in there I can stand outside the gate.

I will just make it clear to them no one is to drive it or the deal is off. If I paid for it and I have it registered and titled if someone drives it It will be unlawful use of private property.

This is all no biggie, I'm just having fun seeing if this is possible
If you stand outside the gate you won't see anything.

The car can't be registered or titled to you until the dealer sells it to you which is after they take delivery.

A TWIK card is federal ID that allows you into ports, without it you can't get in.

Looks like you will have to build your own car because even at the Port of Newark cars like Ferraris and Lambos are unloaded by the same folks unloading priuses. You should probably consider growing up before saying things like "I will just make it clear to them no one is to drive it or the deal is off. If I paid for it and I have it registered and titled if someone drives it It will be unlawful use of private property."

haaaaaa

-Mike Paisan

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.
Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs
"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"
AZP Installs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #30
stevesnj

Drives: 2016 FR-S Oceanic Blue
Thanked 1,601 Times in 923 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZP Installs View Post
If you stand outside the gate you won't see anything.

The car can't be registered or titled to you until the dealer sells it to you which is after they take delivery.

A TWIK card is federal ID that allows you into ports, without it you can't get in.

Looks like you will have to build your own car because even at the Port of Newark cars like Ferraris and Lambos are unloaded by the same folks unloading priuses. You should probably consider growing up before saying things like "I will just make it clear to them no one is to drive it or the deal is off. If I paid for it and I have it registered and titled if someone drives it It will be unlawful use of private property."

haaaaaa
I'll do what I want.

My 2016 Build thread

TRD Exhaust with custom quad tips, TRD Lowering Springs,TRD Quick shifter,LED;DRL, Projectors, and turn signals. Re-badge, 86 Nanny, WinmaxW2 Pads, K&N Drop In, Antenna delete
stevesnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:24 PM   #31
AZP Installs

Quote:
I'll do what I want.
Enjoy.

-Mike Paisan

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs
The Following User Says Thank You to AZP Installs For This Useful Post:
stevesnj (02-13-2015)
Old 02-14-2015, 09:13 AM   #32
GodzillaC

Drives: FR-S RS1 #291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
First off the car doesn't come into Port of Newark, it comes from the Subaru factory and would arrive in Baltimore.

Second, Toyota and Subaru don't have a program to let you do that. The ports are VERY tight on security so unless you have a TWIK card it's unlikely you will get in there.

There is no way to prevent those test drives even if you were there you wouldn't know which one was yours.

-Mike Paisan

Ummmm......you are a bit off on your first item. Snapshot of my window sticker.
Attached Images

GodzillaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:47 AM   #33
stevesnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzillaC View Post
I thought my research was correct. Did the dealer give you that?

My 2016 Build thread

TRD Exhaust with custom quad tips, TRD Lowering Springs,TRD Quick shifter,LED;DRL, Projectors, and turn signals. Re-badge, 86 Nanny, WinmaxW2 Pads, K&N Drop In, Antenna delete
Old 02-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #34
AZP Installs

Quote:
Interesting, I wonder why they would split them up in Japan and ship them to different ports than where the Subarus land.

I stand corrected.

Either way I will bet $100 you aren't getting in the port to see your car delivered (especially the one in Newark) and port guys will be driving your car around. I've been in that port before, good fun and the guys there just move em around, they really don't abuse them. Cameras everywhere.

It isn't your car until you take delivery from the selling dealer.

-Mike Paisan

Old 02-14-2015, 01:20 PM   #35
GodzillaC

Quote:
I thought my research was correct. Did the dealer give you that?
Part of the new car window sticker of the car i bought in October. Just the upper corner....
The Following User Says Thank You to GodzillaC For This Useful Post:
stevesnj (02-15-2015)
Old 02-14-2015, 01:26 PM   #36
GodzillaC

Quote:
Interesting, I wonder why they would split them up in Japan and ship them to different ports than where the Subarus land.

I stand corrected.

Either way I will bet $100 you aren't getting in the port to see your car delivered (especially the one in Newark) and port guys will be driving your car around. I've been in that port before, good fun and the guys there just move em around, they really don't abuse them. Cameras everywhere.

It isn't your car until you take delivery from the selling dealer.

-Mike Paisan

Mike, no harm. I agree with you. The port of entry is a fast paced depot and the delivery of a car would be an unwelcome interruption. They are getting thousands of cars a week to offload and process.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:24 PM   #37
AZP Installs

Quote:
Mike, no harm. I agree with you. The port of entry is a fast paced depot and the delivery of a car would be an unwelcome interruption. They are getting thousands of cars a week to offload and process.
Yeah in my other job I have to inspect power lines in the port and it's a hassle for us to get in and do our inspections so I would imagine that a car owner would be even less welcome.

-Mike Paisan

Old 03-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #38
stevesnj

So I went to the sales lady at Toyota where my family and I have been going to for over 15 years and I told her what I want to do. She said that they get the inventory of what will be on the shipment to and out of Newark in May and that if I pay for the car they will only allow me to drive it and it will not be allowed to be driven as a test driver car since the VIN would be released to me to title it and it will be my car and only the transport and lot persons will be driving it. So great news! She is calling me in May when the inventory is released to them. Getting excited!!

My 2016 Build thread

Old 03-08-2015, 01:01 AM   #39
cnk

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
So I went to the sales lady at Toyota where my family and I have been going to for over 15 years and I told her what I want to do. She said that they get the inventory of what will be on the shipment to and out of Newark in May and that if I pay for the car they will only allow me to drive it and it will not be allowed to be driven as a test driver car since the VIN would be released to me to title it and it will be my car and only the transport and lot persons will be driving it. So great news! She is calling me in May when the inventory is released to them. Getting excited!!

That's how it usually works when you order a car from Subaru. You'll get the car from the dealer and it should have less than 20 miles on the odometer. Mine had 7 miles on it and that accounts for all the loading/unloading, PDI, gas fill up, etc. If you have a good dealer, they will usually honor any requests that you have within reason. For example, I told them not to remove the plastics, don't wash it, and don't install the front plate holder. I did that all myself when I got home in order to avoid swirl marks in the paint and used an offset plate mount so they wouldn't drill into the bumper.
cnk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnk For This Useful Post:
stevesnj (03-08-2015)
Old 03-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #40
stevesnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnk View Post
That's how it usually works when you order a car from Subaru. You'll get the car from the dealer and it should have less than 20 miles on the odometer. Mine had 7 miles on it and that accounts for all the loading/unloading, PDI, gas fill up, etc. If you have a good dealer, they will usually honor any requests that you have within reason. For example, I told them not to remove the plastics, don't wash it, and don't install the front plate holder. I did that all myself when I got home in order to avoid swirl marks in the paint and used an offset plate mount so they wouldn't drill into the bumper.
Good idea, i'm going to tell her that also. Definately not having anyone drill holes in my brand new car bumper.

My 2016 Build thread

Old 03-08-2015, 11:31 AM   #41
WhiteFRS69

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,432 Times in 756 Posts
all this trouble for maybe less than a mile or so on your car???

i was at the Dealership when my car came down off the truck. they turned it on, let it warm up, looked for any leaks.... i got in the car for a test drive... had 1 mile on it

look it for a 5 mile test drive, went inside signed papers, done

why is such a big deal that someone else drives your car maybe 100-200ft at a time... if that...
WhiteFRS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:54 PM   #42
stevesnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFRS69 View Post
all this trouble for maybe less than a mile or so on your car???

i was at the Dealership when my car came down off the truck. they turned it on, let it warm up, looked for any leaks.... i got in the car for a test drive... had 1 mile on it

look it for a 5 mile test drive, went inside signed papers, done

why is such a big deal that someone else drives your car maybe 100-200ft at a time... if that...

if you really read what I posted I said I know that the transport and dealer will drive it. I don't want it to be driven as a test driver. my sales lady says this happens all the time. it's no big deal to me. I lost 10 minutes just taking to her. not a lot of time or trouble.

My 2016 Build thread